BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

Vince McMahon is considering adding rounds to WWE Raw and SmackDown matches

Vince-McMahon-2.jpg

As first noted by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon has decided that matches during WWE Raw and SmackDown Live should not be interrupted by commercial breaks. That is why they started doing 2-out-of-3 fall matches last week so that the matches could have a break when they go to commercial. McMahon feels that since real sports don’t interrupt the action then the wrestling matches should be seen in their entirety.

An idea that was pitched to McMahon was to have rounds incorporated into matches. Basically, there would be a time limit per round and then they could go to a commercial break after each round. The way that it was described to me was that a wrestler could get a pin in the first round and the opponent would have an opportunity to tie in the second or third round. If there is a 0-0 or 1-1 tie by the end of the third round, then the match would be declared a draw. A match could early end if a wrestler gets two consecutive pins in the first and second rounds. McMahon liked this idea because it gives them another way to draw out feuds to lead up to pay-per-views. Some matches (mostly quick squash matches) would not have rounds.

There are other scenarios that could play out such as a match being 0-0 in the first and second rounds and a wrestler getting a pin in the third and final round. Every scenario presented to McMahon would allow them to take breaks and not interrupt matches.

Some people in the company are skeptical that McMahon’s plan to have breaks in between matches will last more than a few weeks.

This is genuinely the worst idea I have ever heard. Okay maybe that was a slight over-exaggeration but please. Imagine going to a WWE show and suddenly the two people who have been fighting just stop attacking each other for 2 minutes, how would you react? Most fans would be extremely confused. Even if they do convert to two out of three falls matches, what if a fall happens during the advertising break. This entire concept is just stupid and dumb and I think I am losing brain cells even thinking about the possibility of it happening.

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. WWE is not a company trying to go for realism. Bray Wyatt is a character for crying out loud. They have a PPV coming up called Extreme Rules. So why in hell are they trying to add rounds to their matches. Not only are they adding more guys that are high flying to their roster, which with the adding of rounds would completely ruin their momentum in matches, but also the fact that the live crowd would absolutely loathe this, they would turn on this almost immediately. And with AEW looming over the horizon, if WWE do this it would only make them weaker, allow for more AEW chants, and make their competition stronger. This maybe could work for a special match between Brock Lesnar and Lashley, but not with guys like Ricochet and Seth Rollins week in and week out. Horrible idea, and I hope Vince doesn't do it.

Honestly what the fuck is this. This might be the worst idea I have read of for a very long time and in WWE we get a lot of really bad ideas almost on a weekly basis. TNA did this, it was confusing and it took forever for the match to actually finish and it was just an overall disaster so putting it on WWE would just be plain stupid. I get that they want the product to feel like a legit sport who have break intervals, but Wrestling has been this way for ages and there is no point in changing its structure right now 

I agree with Julius, this is just fucking stupid at the point, like why Vince is doing, this isn't gonna change and make it better, all they need to do is to make good feuds, good characters, but I feel that they have no idea what that is anymore and I'm dissatisfied with this. 

Wasn’t having a match time limit a way to make it so we didn’t need to worry about commercial breaks to some degree? I enjoy wrestling implementing sport elements into the industry but wrestling isn't a sport and using rounds while a unique enough concept for certain matches i wouldn't enjoy it being a regular, weekly occurrences. I've seen in the past when watching streams that networks during WWE RAW or Smackdown would still show the in ring action in the left corner during some of the commercial breaks. Wouldn't that feel like a sport and fix their issue?