WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Jack.

The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre (No Holds Barred Match)

20190624_UndertakerShaneDrewRoman--9c12c

The bell tolls for Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre when The Undertaker rises from the darkness to join forces with unlikely ally Roman Reigns to take on the devious tandem of “The Best in the World” and The Scottish Psychopath at WWE Extreme Rules.

Few would expect The Deadman to willingly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with The Big Dog, who took The Undertaker’s “Yard” at WrestleMania 33. And yet, Reigns was as surprised as everyone in the WWE Universe when The Phenom emerged on the June 24 edition of Raw to even the odds as Reigns absorbed a 2-on-1 beatdown at the hands of Shane-O-Mac and the imposing Scotsman. McMahon and McIntyre incurred the wrath of The Undertaker that night, and they could very well “Rest in Peace” at WWE Extreme Rules in Philadelphia.

Have Reigns and The Deadman truly put their legendary rivalry behind them as they team up in tag team action for the first time ever? Tune in to WWE Extreme Rules, Sunday, July 14, streaming live at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network.

To be completely honest, this makes no sense whatsoever. I thought we would get a Shane vs Roman blowoff match for Extreme Rules but I think that's going to be moved to Summerslam because even after this match is finished at Extreme Rules, Roman won't have gotten his revenge until he beats Shane 1 on 1. The Undertaker of all people to help Roman is interesting, I understand he had past problems with Shane at Mania but I thought all of that was finished obviously not. Undertaker probably gets the pin over Drew at Extreme Rules because there is no chance either Roman or Taker are taking the fall

I'm always going to pop when The Undertaker makes an appearance all of a sudden on any WWE show. Undertaker could surprise Rusev and Lana on an episode of Ride Along and i'd get pumped up. But as completely unexpected as it was i'm not really sure why? As a way to redeem his match with Goldberg quickly? I'll give credit to WWE where this is exactly how they should be using Undertaker. In a match with young, capable wrestlers like Roman & Dean allowing him to make his big spots when ready.

My guess right now will be it will relate to Roman Reigns and Undertakers match at Wrestlemania. Respect earned? vs Respect lost as Shane McMahon has became who he is. Either that or it will lead to a Summerslam match involving any of those in the match.
Reigns vs Shane, Undertaker vs McIntyre, Undertaker vs Roman ll. Anything is possible.

I'll say this and i've seen this sentiment spoken by others that this spot felt perfectly for The Miz given his relation to the storyline. It's a shame he wasn't able to fill the roll instead of hosting Miz TV for the 24/7 Championship 

As much as I'm trying to see the positives in this I just can't. I feel bad for Drew and Roman in this case to be honest. Taker seriously should not be wrestling at ER but for some reason he didn't wrestle or even make an appearance at Wrestlemania. Also what prompted Taker to just suddenly want to team up with Roman? The Two have never ever been on the same side in any situation. Shield VS Brothers of Destruction and Him VS Roman one on one at mania, they have never ever teamed up. Taker's beaten Shane as well so why does he want to be in this match? I guess he's never faced Drew but that really isn't a good enough reason. Whatever, I guess Roman and Taker win? Honestly I don't wanna see this. 

I hope this match can get a stipulation like an Extreme Rules Match or something or at least No DQ. Undertaker on RAW was definitely a shock. I have no clue what his reasoning will be for showing up but will have to find out on RAW. This feud was dead and if they really wanted to keep it going they had to shake it up abit and they did that. Im interested in this match definitely. Taker and Reigns will definitely win

On the June 24th episode of WWE RAW, Roman Reigns was involved in a 2-on-1 match against Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre. As expected, he suffered a major beatdown, but instead of “overcoming the odds” like he usually does, he was rescued by the unlikeliest of names – The Undertaker.

The Phenom returned soon after Super ShowDown and attacked Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre. The match for Extreme Rules is official, where Reigns and The Undertaker will team up to face Shane McMahon & McIntyre. It’s interesting because The Undertaker is teaming up with his WrestleMania 33 opponent to take on Drew McIntyre and his WrestleMania 32 opponent.

While there has been some criticism, particularly over the fact that it doesn’t make any storyline sense, there are still a lot of positive reasons to have this match and why it’s taking place. Here are five good reasons why Roman Reigns teaming up with The Undertaker is a good idea.

#5.) ROMAN REIGNS CAN HELP PROTECT THE UNDERTAKER’S WEAKNESSES

Being a man many years past his prime, it’s safe to say that The Undertaker isn’t physically the same competitor that he was years ago. More often than not, watching his matches has been painful for fans to watch. Even during their WrestleMania 33 match, Roman Reigns wasn’t given enough credit for having carried a very exhausted Undertaker.

Of course, Reign was the most hated man in all of wrestling at that point, so it’s no surprise that he wasn’t given credit. They would later team up along with Braun Strowman in a live event as well. In this match, The Undertaker’s mere presence will be enough, while Roman Reigns does the heavy lifting for the team.

#4.) IT ADDS A NEW LAYER TO THE STORYLINE

Fans haven’t really taken well to the Shane McMahon-Roman Reigns storyline and it has nothing to do with Reigns. If anything, The Big Dog has been the saving grace of the entire story, while fans have been groaning at Shane McMahon’s increased presence on television. Fans thought they knew exactly where the story was going, but The Undertaker’s presence really threw a wrench in a fairly straightforward plan.

Now, fans have no idea what to expect with regards to the rest of the storyline and how or why The Undertaker plays into all of this.

#3.) MAKES IT A SPECIAL ATTRACTION MATCH

The very fact that The Undertaker is present makes this tag team bout a special attraction match. Over the last few years, The Undertaker’s role itself has been to be in special attraction matches and the timing works out great because WWE was in serious need of a solid main event.While there is a mixed tag team match for both the RAW Women’s Championship and Universal Championship, it’s unlikely that it’ll be closing the show. As for this, The Undertaker’s presence means that it’ll be boosted to main event status, even with the lack of stakes.

#2.) ADDS STAR POWER TO THE SHOW

One thing that was severely lacking from the WWE Stomping Grounds card was star power. Even Extreme Rules, for some reason, doesn’t look to have many stars. So many big names are being sidelined while some less-than-exciting superstars are getting big opportunities. Due to the lack of a stacked card or lack of star power, The Undertaker’s presence greatly adds to that.

Now, they have something to draw casual audiences in and believe us, that’s something that The Undertaker can do regardless of how slow he is in the ring now.

#1.) UNPREDICTABILITY FACTOR

Another major thing that will come out of this is the fact that it’s so unpredictable, anything can happen.  While Reigns and The Undertaker are obvious picks to win, you simply can’t guarantee that it’ll be the case. Especially given that SummerSlam is merely a month after Extreme Rules, seeds will be planted for the biggest show of the summer.

Perhaps Drew McIntyre could get a big rub by pinning The Undertaker. Perhaps Roman Reigns will be pinned again. Perhaps Roman Reigns and The Undertaker have something brewing for SummerSlam. The possibilities are many and we couldn’t be more excited!

WrestleZone.com

Alright so in regard to this maybe only 2 or 3 of those points are valid and the others are just bullshit. It does not create unpredictability whatsoever because everyone and their mother knows that Roman and Taker are winning. The Star Power side of things is in question as well. Yes Roman, Shane and Taker are stars but I can tell you now that this will be the least interested people have been with the Undertaker for a very very long time. Adding a new layer to the storyline is also just stupid because it just drags this out even more when a lot of people just want this all to end 

I’m assuming this is just being used to extend the absolute snoozefest of a feud that is Roman vs Shane. Also this may actually lead to Undertaker vs Drew McIntyre which personally, I wouldn’t be against. Roman and Taker are definitely going to win since they not only love to make Roman win, I doubt Taker will lose either. This match won’t be great but I’m open to a surprise.

I doesn't make sense for the Undertaker to team up with Roman since he nearly "retired" him, but oh well, I don't feel like this match will be any good as I see Roman doing more of the work for Taker than the opposite. I see Drew and Shane winning for Drew pinning Taker and then we will have Roman vs Shane at Summerslam for the singles match and then we are done with the feud (hopefully) 

This match just feels really random to me and doesn't make sense storyline wise lol, they just felt the need to try bring Undertaker back into the programme in some way. Of course seeing 'Taker will be nice for nostalgia but I just want this feud to be over at this point, I'll enjoy if they use this to tease a possible Undertaker vs McIntyre match in the future though.

8 hours ago, MARKER said:

I doesn't make sense for the Undertaker to team up with Roman since he nearly "retired" him, but oh well,

My best guess is that it's about respect earned? The Undertaker through his career has had moments where he shows respect or acknowledgement to those who have faced him. Roman being able to defeat him is a lot more than Shane McMahon did and seeing what Shane is doing now. This is all held together by thin string but it's means to an end to get Drew & Undertaker in the same ring. 

I don't understand why WWE has The Undertaker in this match, Roman Reigns could have teamed with anyone on Smackdown but WWE decided to pick The Undertaker. I have a feeling this match might be ok but it's probably gonna be heavily carried by Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre.

Undertaker needs to put someone over soon. Either in this match or at a Summerslam. Drew Mc beating Taker would be huge for his career. It's time for Taker to do the honours. Reigns doesn't need  the win, McIntyre could be a big player if they went all in on him. I hope they pull the trigger soon, this would be a good start. Although Shane needs to get his ass kicked ASAP.

Extreme Rules 2019 - Tag Match City

This match is pretty weird. The Undertaker comes back for a random tag match against Shane McMahon of all people. Oh well, it's a match that's happening, so let's try and make it decent.

Shane and Drew really need to get some comeuppance, mainly Shane. He has bafflingly been on a dominant tear through the recent WWE PPVs, beating Miz twice and Roman Reigns. If Roman loses to Shane again it will severely damage his image, since Shane is not supposed to be an in-ring talent. His only redeeming quality is that he is a decent crazy spot-monkey. Everything else, in-ring and promo, are detestable to the point of "go away" heat from me.

How would I book this match? Have Drew McIntyre pin The Undertaker. As mentioned above, Taker needs to start putting the current guys over, not wrestling his fellow senior statesmen in sad Saudi main events. Drew McIntyre is in dire need of a strong, tent-pole victory that he can mention for years to come (since WWE did absolutely nothing with Drew tapping out Kurt Angle, sadface).

As for Roman, just get him out of this feud, it's been going on far, far too long (which describes most WWE feuds these days).

This feud has been booked so badly the last few weeks. Undertaker come on RAW last week and basically sad nothing of worth, just the usual RIP and weird soul taking stuff. You'd think that Taker would be pissed off at Reigns for beating him at Wrestlemania, but now he's helping him out? I wish they'd at least advance the story by telling us why this is happening because the match doesn't really make any sense. I have a feeling that an Undertaker versus Reigns feud is going to come out of this though. I can see Undertaker turning on Reigns in the middle or after the match to set-up a match between Reigns and Taker for Summerslam.

I feel bad for Drew McIntyre in all of this. I really doubt that WWE are going to let him beat The Deadman, which is a shame because it could be the win he needs to elevate his career to make him seem like a true main eventer.  There's also been talks about Drew VS Undertaker at Wrestlemania so they could potentially plant the seeds for that match here. They could have Drew beat the hell out of Undertaker in the match and then put him out of action, building up to the Wrestlemania rematch. 

My prediction is honestly Reigns and Taker winning clean though. I don't think WWE have balls to put Drew over The Undertaker, or maybe Taker will just refuse to put him over himself. Surely The Undertaker has to be giving some current guys wins though at this stage in his career, I feel like he has to be on his way out the door soon, but I've been saying that the last 4 or 5 years so he probably isn't as long as the money is good. More importantly I hope that this match means the end of this Reigns VS Drew and Shane feud because it's not been great and has gone on for awhile now. There's been barely any progression in this feud since this tag match was announced so who knows what's going to happen.

No Taker on the go-home shows kind of killed the feud even more and I wasn't even excited for it in the beginning.

The matchup of Taker and Roman hardly makes sense, and even when it does it's a big stretch.  So what if Roman beat Taker at Mania? It's a very un-Undertaker like thing to do to team up with his rivals, just look at him and Lesnar.  Also, Taker should be 100% DONE in the ring, I'm scared for this mans life.

On the other side, I like things a bit more.  McIntyre and Shane have proven to be pretty entertaining and good when paired up as heels.  Again, I do question why Shane is in the ring at his age when there are plenty of other guys back there, but I guess we gotta deal with it.

For the outcome, I'd love to see McIntyre and Shane win, especially with McIntyre pinning Taker.  But like Nate said, I doubt WWE would risk McIntyre being put over, especially with a pin on Taker.  The best I can truly hope for is some bullshit ending where the heels still get the win, but even that is unlikely.  A part of me is conflicted though, because I'm worried a victory for the heels could elevate Shane into world title contention and no one wants to see that (I think).  So the most likely scenario is Roman pinning Drew and it'll finally all be over with.