BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Hans

The Reason Baron Corbin Has Been Pushed

ab211d6050c0b8dc-600x338.jpg

Following two consecutive PPV main-event matches, and the suggestion of at least one more to come, Baron Corbin is arguably positioned as WWE's top heel.

Despite a recent mild surge in popularity, this is a strange turn of events for a performer who didn't win a single PPV match in 2018. To find himself at the top of the card on Raw, and embroiled in a long-running title feud with the reigning Universal Champion, is not something anybody would have predicted for him this year.

WWE's reasons for their often bizarre post-WrestleMania pushes are often left to your imagination, but in a recent revelation on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer has suggested that the motivations behind Corbin's time in the spotlight are head-scratching in the extreme.

Rather than a belief in his wrestling ability, promo skills or even popularity with the audience, the suggestion is that Vince McMahon simply believes that "women swoon over him". Yep. Baron Corbin. A man who permanently looks like he's emptying the drip trays at 3am in a dive bar he only 'sort-of' manages. A man who looks like he has earnestly considered kicking his own cat to death.

Sex appeal isn't a commodity to be discounted in a wrestler of course. Shawn Michaels famously based a gimmick around it, and stars like The Rock and Randy Orton have routinely made World's Sexiest Men lists during their time in the main event. Vince clearly believes that Corbin, basically the bully from the first Toy Story film dressed as a manager from Applebees, is every inch the looker these men are.

- Whatculture

What in the actual fuck is this. I always try to defend McMahon for his decisions but this is truly undefendable. First of all how many women actually watch WWE, not many I assume majority of the fanbase are men who hate Corbin and are mostly likely the reason for falling ratings. I don't know but Vince may have just lost the plot a little looking at this bullshit 

Talk about headlines i never expected to see in 2019. I thought his push came mostly because of his size which has always been a very strong attribute Vince McMahon sought after if he could but good looks? I'm not calling him ugly but he isn't exactly a leading man in the making. Based on this logic, Balor should have been Universal or WWE Champion more than once at this point.

Baron Corbin is obviously the man that all the women in the world want. All the ladies would leave their man to be with "The Constable." Lacey Evans already saw this, sooner or later, Becky Lynch and the rest of the women's roster will. Baron Corbin is gonna be the modern day Godfather and were just gonna have to accept that.

Yeah this is definitely a strange one. I can understand pushing some women because of their looks because that can definitely get over with all the horny perverts that watch wrestling but pushing a bloke because of it is doesn't really make much sense to me, doesn't make it any better that Corbin is pretty ugly anyways. It would have made more sense to me if it was just because he's good at pissing the crowd off and getting them on his opponents side, or even just because he's tall, but this is odd by Vince. 

I'm not sure what's going on in Vince's head, but I'm certainly very worried.  Like Arius said, Corbin's not particularly ugly (at least compared to some fellow roster mates) but there's handfuls of people who could've filled this position better than Corbin has.

10 hours ago, mikey0619 said:

I'm not sure what's going on in Vince's head, but I'm certainly very worried.  Like Arius said, Corbin's not particularly ugly (at least compared to some fellow roster mates) but there's handfuls of people who could've filled this position better than Corbin has.

I like to imagine Corbin somehow gets into McMahons ear after shows and talks himself so much that VInce has fell into believing the stories. Corbin sits near the office pointing at a random person walking by and then goes on to elaborately talking about how it was a battle royal at the club.