BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeAK

Undeserving Rumble Winners

The Royal Rumble is basically a trampoline to future success. The vast majority of the guys who have won it have catapulted themselves to greatness and have benefited greatly from winning it. However, some of the people who have won it have done the opposite, or there have just been better option to win. For me, I would say that Alberto Del Rio winning the 2011 was undeserving, as not only did it kill the hype from the 40 man royal rumble, but it also played a part in how bad Wrestlemania 27 was.

It's weird looking back to the first Royal Rumble match because despite the name it wasn't the Royal Rumble it would grow to be. Just a match airing on television compared to a PPV in itself. So i look to the second Royal Rumble match where it was given more of a style and possibly the first step into what the Royal Rumble is remembered as being today. The first time it was on PPV and it was given to Big John Studd. A victory that had more about being a thank you for his time given to the company rather than foundation for the future of the company which was a mistake. Obviously it's hard to say giving it to someone else would've changed much about the WWE history but Ted DiBiase should've won after buying the final spot in the match. 

Vince McMahon in 1999. There was no point in Stone Cold not winning the Rumble and led to that pointless cage match to see who would go to WrestleMania to face The Rock. It was one thing to stack the odds against Steve Austin by having him enter 1 and get beat up but the fact that McMahon actually won instead of being the last tossed out is really stupid to me. 

I'd say Randy Orton and more specifically his 2017 win. The rumble storyline coming from that would have been a mess. Think Bray won have benefitted from winning it,fair enough the Chamber win was cool but Wrestlemania just killed him. It then lead to Randy completely forgetting that Rusev wanted a WWE Championship match and then the Memes began to run wild on Smackdown Live.

Sheamus in 2012 just didn't seem like the best choice when there was someone that a lot of people would of been happy to of seen win in Jericho, maybe a part of that is because of the match Sheamus ended up having at Wrestlemania. 2017, Orton just seemed very random to me but I looked at the list of those who were a apart of it and most of it were just full of part timers so I don't know really.

Alberto del rio in 2011 was just awful. Should of never won the Rumble. You could say that was definitely Punks year to win the Rumble. Sheamus winning it to me was fine. Jericho didn't really need the Rumble win. But Del Rio in no way should have not won. you could also say Orton in 2017. Wyatt should of won that

As much as I love him Sheamus winning it was possibly the worst. You forget sometimes that he actually won the Rumble and was just an odd choice. I can't really remember the story leading up to Wrestlemania afterwards and everyone just remembers the eventual Wrestlemania match as Daniel Bryan getting squashed in the opener of the show. It just didn't have the feeling of a big match that the Royal Rumble winner is usually involved in and seemed like a waste. Another one is probably Vince winning because he does what he wants, and Stone Cold ended up earning the spot back anyways but it did add some heat to the feud between Vince and Austin so it wasn't all bad. 

15 hours ago, I Can't Odd said:

Vince McMahon in 1999. There was no point in Stone Cold not winning the Rumble and led to that pointless cage match to see who would go to WrestleMania to face The Rock. It was one thing to stack the odds against Steve Austin by having him enter 1 and get beat up but the fact that McMahon actually won instead of being the last tossed out is really stupid to me. 

WWF were always looking for the chance to swerve the audience in anyway they could, the audience expected Austin to win it again just because we all figured he was going to be main eventing WrestleMania 15. WWF knew what was obvious, so they decided to swerve us. They also put themselves in a curious position since it would've been his third consecutive win. In retrospect i don't think that decision wouldn't of mattered but at the time they might've thought it needed to be "shaken up". I don't agree with Vince McMahon winning but it made the fans livid at the time.

I'd have to say Sheamus and Vince McMahon. Sheamus winning was good but it felt kind of undeserving because he hadn't really done much before that win. and his match with Wrestlemania wasn't that great either.
Vince McMahon wasn't exactly an active wrestler on the roster so it was very stupid to have him win the Royal Rumble, even though he had a great feud going with Steve Austin that doesn't mean he should win the rumble. It was good for the storyline between Vince and Austin but still he shouldn't have won.

As much as I don't think Batista deserved to win the 2014 Rumble, in retrospect I'm glad it happened. It just proved to be another roadblock for Daniel Bryan and it was a large factor in his run that year, so I'm glad it happened. I think Jericho should've won in 2012 over Sheamus as Sheamus vs Bryan could've been done without the rumble and it deserved to, especially since it opened the show at Mania 28. 

The title of this topic is not right or half of the posts here are off topic because the title says Undeserving Royal Rumble winners and about half of the posts here doesn't says that someone was Undeserving Royal Rumble winner they says that the timing was not right for them to win the Royal Rumble. For example, a lot of people have named Batista in 2014 as Undeserving Royal Rumble winner but if you will read their posts that are not saying that Batista doesn't deserves to win the Royal Rumble, in a way they are telling that timing was not right for him at that time to win the Royal Rumble. And to those people who are saying to someone that someone don't deserve to win the Royal Rumble, I respect that it's just your opinion and what I am going to say is also just an opinion and it is that you can't judge anyone and say that they don't deserve to do this or that since you didn't know how much hard work they have done to reach where they are today or could be tomorrow.