BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Julius

AEW Fight for the Fallen Discussion

aew-fight-for-the-fallen-758x426.jpg

Date: July 13th 2019

Venue: Daily's Place Amphitheater, Jacksonville

Announced Matches so far

Kenny Omega vs CIMA

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Kip Sabian 

Allie vs Brandi Rhodes

The Young Bucks vs Cody and Dustin Rhodes 

MJF, Sammy Guevara and Shawn Spears vs Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc and Joey Janela 

SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs The Lucha Brothers 

More to come 

After watching Fyter Fest last night, I'm convinced Allie vs Brandi Rhodes is gonna be shitty. Brandi isn't good in the ring, Allie is only a tad bit better. But Omega vs CIMA should be very fun, so should Bucks vs Rhodes's (I wanna see how Dustin faces off with these young quick indy guys). Page vs Sabian will be fine, I'm sure MJF will find a way onto the show and give an amazing promo as usual. But if these are gonna be the top matches on this show... it's not gonna be the greatest thing ever, ESPECIALLY when it is the last show they have before All Out, which is a month and a half after this show. They need a big show to hold them over to All Out, so this needs bigger stuff. Get Jericho possibly on this show to build to his Adam Page match. Maybe get The Dark Order in a match so we can get a taste of what they're like before their possible All Out match against The Best Friends. Get Shawn Spears in a match against Darby Allin or something. And most importantly BUILD UP MORE MATCHES FOR ALL OUT SO IT'S JUST NOT A THROWN TOGETHER SHOW! THIS IS ESSENTIALLY YOUR WRESTLEMANIA, YOU NEED MORE THAN TWO MATCHES!

Looking forward to this, my expectations were surpassed by Fyter Fest so I'm hoping that Fight for the Fallen is also a going to be a good show. Omega vs CIMA looks like it could be a really good match we all know Omega can go and looking at what CIMA did at Double or Nothing and then at Fyter Fest he is a pretty talented wrestler, I expect Moxley to get involved either during the match or after the match to continue the build. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Cody and Dustin against the Bucks who have been booked pretty strongly, I think Bucks win just because they are the "Legit" tag-team and maybe build on what happened at Fyter Fest with Cody and Shawn Spears. As Yelich said, I think it's important to keep building to matches at All Out, they still have plenty of time to do so but I think they need to put some more storylines in place to make it seem like a well constructed and built card 

I think this will be a good show. I'm actually really looking forward to The Rhodes vs The Young Bucks as I think that'll be a good match given the chemistry they have. I think they'll use Moxley in Omega vs CIMA to build up to their All Out match. AEW have had 2 great shows so far so hopefully they can make it a third and continue to build up to All Out. 

Obviously the big match here im looking foward to is the Bucks vs Rhodes Brothers. Hopefully we get more of a story based match than the typical Spots based match we get out of the Bucks. I feel like they can tell a really good story in this match and i hope they do. Young Bucks will probably win but id love to see Rhodes brothers take the dub. As far as everything else cant really say im that interested tbh. But regardless it should be another great show out of AEW. 

Having an event dedicated to victims of gun violence called Fight for the Fallen was an unexpected announcment at the time. I know Omega especially seems to be very connected to charities but to have your third show have such a heavy theme is interesting but i respect it. But despite its intentions it is foremost a wrestling event. Double or Nothing was an exciting PPV debut for AEW and Fyter Fest was a great follow up with a terrific main event with Jon Moxley vs Joey Janela so i have all the hope and confidence that the streak continues. Tag Team match would need to main event right?  

As Yelich said, Brandi is pretty rough in the ring and Allie didn't have a good showing at Fyter Fest though she was a lot better in IMPACT.  I watched the Road to Double or Nothing segment about this match and Brandi immediately calls someone else after booking the match to make sure they are free that day for “that personal thing.” Of course that could've just been the prelude to Awesome Kong debuting but deep down i hope it's linked to this match as well. Brandi at the moment is embodying Stephanie McMahon even if it's an attempt to flip the coin on her role in WWE. Just don't think it's working.

I'm most looking forward to Cody & Dustin vs The Young Bucks. After the way their match at Double or Nothing ended how could i not be? The two of them produced tag team magic during their WWE Battleground 2013 matchup against The Shield and their dynamic in general during their run on TV was great. I hope to see that continued here in AEW before Cody shows his true colours. 

Image result for MJF, Guevara and Spears vs Allin, Havoc and Janel

It was announced on the latest Road to Fight for the Fallen episode that this 6-man tag will be taking place on the Buy In. To me it's very interesting to see this go down especially considering what's been happening with MJF and Shawn Spears on Being the Elite and even at Fyter Fest. They don't like each other so we will see how this plays out in the match. I think because of that reason alone Janela, Allin and Havoc will walk away with the wins possibly due to a fight breaking out between Spears and MJF which then leads to Guevara taking the fall. Looking forward to the match 

That 6-Man Tag really looks like it will be a very fun match. Like Julius said I think we might see a big miscommunication between MJF and Spears leading to a victory for the other team over Guevara. Not sure who of the 3 gets the winning pinfall. Part of me wants to say it will be Jimmy Havoc but it can be any of the 3.

I don't like the six man at all. Why would MJF team with Spears? Why would Cody book him to be on the team with him, since we know that's who books the matches. It just makes no sense. It should be Spears vs MJF to lead into All Out. Missed opportunity. Either that or MJF vs Page on one one. This is just throwing guys together to get them on the card for no reason.

The AEW pre-shows feel different to the WWE pre-shows. I guess it all comes down to presentation? Sealing that tuning into this match is still as important it's just aired differently. Not saying the WWE pre-show matches can't be important but they aren't presented that way most of the time. Even when 205 Live is on the pre-show. 
Should be a real good match. It’s kind of weird having MJF and Shawn Spears on the same team. I guess because it’s a baby face team vs heel team and Heels generally team together but given that MJF went out of his way to say he'll fight Spears next time he sees him feels odd? Guaranteed carnage i expect as they barely co-exist by the end of the match. MJF trying his hardest to stay close to Cody.

MJF and Shawn Spears teaming together makes zero sense, I'm not really sure why they'd start a feud there anyways since both of them are heels. Have a feeling that's going to come into play in the match and MJF will screw his team out of winning the match. I think they'll let Janela get the pinfall win, he looks like he could be a star for them after his match at Fyter Fest. Expecting a good match despite the MJF and Spears issue, the 6 man tags have been some of the best matches on the shows so far.

Young Bucks VS Rhodes Brothers I'm expecting to be match of the night. Cody has been one of the main stars for me so far based on the last two shows and I'm looking forward for him and Dustin to team up with one another. Young Bucks will just do the usual Young Bucks stuff, which isn't necessarily bad. 

Allie VS Brandi Rhodes is going to be a stinker. Allie looks like a decent wrestler but Brandi wrestling doesn't sound great as well. Hopefully it doesn't go on for long and Allie ends the match with a quick win.

I'm not too familiar with Kip Sabian but Adam Page is a solid wrestler. Feel like it will be another decent match on the show with Page involved.

CIMA VS Omega should be sick. Omega is obviously a great wrestler and I've enjoyed watching CIMA wrestle so far on AEW. Expecting Omega to win of course but I know CIMA will have a good showing.

Show so far looks like it's going to be quite good, I would like if they could add Jericho to a match on the show but I don't know if AEW would put him on one of their secondary shows. 

I get that MJF and Spears teaming doesn't make sense. But doesn't it also make no sense that Cody and MJF are friends considering one is a top Babyface and the other heel. Doesn't it also not make sense that Darby Allen is on the Face side when i thought he was a heel as well. I just think we wont get any clarity or things making sense sorry wise until the TV deal begins. I think for now they are just trying to Showcase there talent on the PPVs leading up to All Out

Image result for Lucha bros vs SCU

Another pretty damn good match added to the card, both teams are really good and should put on a nice entertaining match. I think the Lucha Bro's pick up the win here, they have been losing a bit in AEW as of late so this would be good to get them a win back and SCU don't really get hurt from the loss because of how good they already are. Should be good fun, I'm looking forward too it 

I feel like it's really difficult for AEW to book a boring tag team match with their current rostered talent in the division and this should be no different at all. For what should be a great match i can only see one result. So far SCU at least have a victory over Strong Hearts at Double or Nothing while Lucha Bros have lost twice in AEW so far. I can only see a win for Penta and Fenix here. 

SCU have been one of my favourite parts of AEW so far. They've had some great performances on both of the previous PPV's so I'm looking forward to this match as well. Lucha Bros are obviously great also. I'm expecting Lucha Bros to grab a win in this match, they definitely need it more than SCU and I think they should be the main tag team in AEW. 

Fight for the Fallen Predictions:

Kenny Omega vs CIMA

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Kip Sabian 

Allie vs Brandi Rhodes

The Young Bucks vs Cody and Dustin Rhodes 

MJF, Sammy Guevara and Shawn Spears vs Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc and Joey Janela 

SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs The Lucha Brothers 

Kenny Omega vs CIMA

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Kip Sabian 

Allie vs Brandi Rhodes

The Young Bucks vs Cody and Dustin Rhodes 

MJF, Sammy Guevara and Shawn Spears vs Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc and Joey Janela 

SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs The Lucha Brothers