BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Bart

Monday Night RAW Discussion: July 1st 2019

image.png

The Monster Among Men and The All Mighty take their massive rivalry outside the ring this Monday night on Raw, where they will clash in a Falls Count Anywhere Match. Which of these behemoths will cement their dominance on the red brand?

• Falls. Count. Anywhere
  • The New Day and The Viking Raiders to throw down in tag team action
  • How will Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans exploit Seth Rollins’ “kryptonite”?
  • The Big Dog and The Deadman unite
  • Is AJ Styles in line for a U.S. Title opportunity?
  • Is Samoa Joe our next WWE Champion?

Even with Heyman now running things dont expect anything to change for awhile. If anything does even change at all its gonna take time..

As for as the show. Braun Strowman vs Lashley is such a dead feud. I mean they probably could have a great Falls Count anywhere match but they just need to end the feud here tonight. 

Very interested in the Undertaker and Roman Reigns.  Taker should appear tonight and i wonder what his reasoning will be for helping Roman Reigns out. I also hope the match gets a stipulation to make it better.

AJ Styles did Beat Ricochet but id rather they do a Number one Contenders match so we can see some other guys get an opportunity even if Styles does win in the end

And lastly screw the wildcard rule. The WWE Championship is a Smackdown title please get it off RAW. This is so annoying. 

I probably won't watch much of RAW but I'll tune in for Undertaker and Reigns Definitely. Don't expect RAW to be any good WWE is just in a major Rut richt now

This would have been the perfect chance for WWE to give viewers who had lost hope and decide to give WWE one last chance with the news of Heyman/Bischoff something to attract them with, but instead we get the same old stuff that we have been seeing for what feels like forever by now. Nothing is changing. I get that Heyman can't just start from stratch, but I would say that he can impact the show by the way how he approaches it and the way how the storylines will develop tonight, so I hope to see some changes there. 

Braun and Lashley needs to end, this is boring as fuck. New Day and Viking Raiders can be a good match to watch. I don't really care for Corbin vs Rollins. Roman and Undertaker in the same ring again is very interesting, maybe this could lead to a match at Summerslam? AJ vs Ricochet is a good idea for the Title since it needs to build up prestige and this could be the match needed. Joe is not winning the title. 

This is gonna be WWE's one chance to reel me back in. I'm planning on watch at least the first hour of Raw, and if it is not different than it was, I'm going to be very disappointed, and I'm going to change the channel. This is WWE's chance to get back viewers who want a change and because of this Heyman and Bischoff news they're giving WWE a chance, but if (and by the looks of this card, when) they don't actually change anything, those people are going to stop watching again. But I hope WWE proves me wrong.

This is the opportunity for WWE to change for the better, I am quite excited for New Day vs Viking Raiders, and I guess Roman & Taker. I assume that Lashley vs Strowman will be the same shit we've seen for the past month (please end this feud) and same with whatever is happening with Rollins & Corbin (again please end this feud).

I do hope to see AJ vs Ricochet at Extreme Rules, but as I mentioned in one of my other posts: what happened to Samoa Joe? He lost the US Title, how does that make him the NO1 Contender for the WWE Championship? Does he not care about Ricochet anymore, it's stuff like this that make WWE annoying to watch, because nothing is explained, there was no hype towards Joe challenging for the title, it just happened in the span of 2 episodes. Makes absolutely no sense. 

However I do understand why Taker is there, him and Roman have some background storylines and it's quite fun to see them go from enemies to friends, hopefully Taker can prove the critics wrong and have a good match at Extreme Rules.

I am feeling quite optimistic for this episode of RAW.

I've been pretty excited for RAW all week since the announcement of Heyman being placed in charge of RAW. Although looking at this preview it doesn't look like anything major is going to be happening just yet. I'm not looking forward to much on this show based on the preview, it just looks like the same old stuff.

I don't even know what's going on with the Lashley and Strowman feud, they're both two guys who deserve a lot better than having bloody tug of wars and arm wrestling contests in 2019. They have a chance to do something good tonight with a falls count anywhere match but I can't see it bringing the feud up much in all honestly, it's pretty dead in the water at this point because of the stupid shit that's gone on the past few weeks.

Viking Raiders VS New Day has potential to be cool. I assume they're going to get involved with The Revival. Maybe use this as a number one contendership match for the tag titles or have The Revival come down and attack both teams, creating a three way tag match for the titles at Extreme Rules.

This Baron and Seth feud is just awful, and now you throw Lacey Evans and Becky Lynch into the mix and I honestly care a lot less. We all know it's going to end in Rollins winning and him and Becky having a big celebration in the ring. Like who honestly thinks the Mens and Womens world titles given up in a mixed tag match?

I'm really interested in seeing what happens now with Reigns and The Undertaker. Taker coming back last week was pretty shocking but I'd like to know Takers reasoning for helping out Reigns because of their rivalry. Could very well lead to a Wrestlemania rematch at Summerslam. 

This Styles VS Ricochet feud should be great, they're both amazing wrestlers and should be capable of telling a good story assuming they'll face off with one another at Extreme Rules. Could be exactly what the United States Title needs after months of bad booking surrounding the championship. 

Classic wild card coming into play now. I wish they'd just stick to guys on RAW fighting for RAW's title and the same for Smackdown instead of this confusing bollocks. Don't get me wrong Joe and Kofi can put on a great match but it just feels weird considering Joe just lost his United States title and is now in line for Smackdown's world title despite him just losing at the last show and being on a different brand completely. The sooner the wild card rule is gone, the better.

This raw was crazy lmao. Was a lot better then the past few episodes and with some improvements but also things that need to be improve on. The no wrestling during commerical thing needs to go away asap. Braun and Lashley stunt was amazing and Corey Graves saying "Holy Shit" on live TV was great.  AJ Styles turning heel at the end was great, some shitty stuff in between the middle but the show was decent.

This RAW was definitely Different. I wouldn't say it was great but it was an improvement an enjoyable at times.

Styles turning heel was not bad. It makes sense to do. Definitely interesting to see what goes down with the Club.

The Falls Count anywhere match was fun and obviously the big spot was awesome. 

The whole Mixed Tag stuff with Maria and Mike was definitely entertaining. Maria buried her own husband. 

Undertaker segment fell a little flat for me. I wanted a solid reason on why he helped Roman but i feel like we didn't really get one. 

This RAW was definitely the right step. BBut they still need to dump The Wild card rule before it can truly be great.

Hopefully The Club reunion turns out to be something great and not just a rehashed version of when they united in 2016 and didn't become a proper team. Styles turning heel was a good idea and can now make a great feud between him and Ricochet. Seth and Becky vs Maria and Mike was interesting and it turned a little weird towards the end with Maria absolutely burying Mike but yeah I'm interested to see what's next for them. Lashley vs Strowman was great and the ending was great, also complimented by Graves saying "Holy Shit" which was a surprise. Overall a better than average show and hopefully it keeps improving week by week. 

I thought this RAW was pretty entertaining and as most people have said was a step in the right direction to where it needs to be although there were moments especially at the start of the third hour where I lost a lot of interest. The Fall Count Anywhere spot was and it felt a lot like a Paul Heyman produced segment but the impact would have been a lot better if they hadn't been doing Arm-Wrestles and tug of war for the last few weeks to build it up 

One takeaway from this show which I also loved was Cesaro's new attitude of beating the shit out of people who are essentially "gimmicks" it's a great character trait for him and hopefully something that gains him some more momentum. The Street Profits debut was a bit random, I don't know if WWE needs more NXT Callups but the promo they cut nevertheless was great 

Seeing AJ turn Heel and align the club once again was a welcome sight and hopefully it gives Gallows and Anderson a chance to shine something they haven't done for the majority of their run in WWE. Some good things on this RAW which makes me optimistic 

A step in the right direction for sure loved the heel turn for Styles, the Mixed tag was different but entertaining for sure. It seems swearing is now not as big of a deal as it once was. Had a great start and finish with some good spots in between. Definatley a start now we have to figure out a way to get rid of the wildcard rule an things will be looking good.

Finally Styles turns heel, i've been waiting for this for a long time because AJ Styles was getting stale as a face so having him as a heel is a great idea. Besides he's a great heel and he can also align himself with The Club who i believe recently resigned with WWE.

I like Cesaro's new character of beating up gimmicky people, those weirdos are finally getting what they deserve lol.

The Street Profits debut was very out of nowhere since they haven't done a lot in NXT yet and they're already getting called up. I hope Heyman makes them great like The Mean Street Posse back in the day.

Raw was definitely better this week. It was cool to see Mike and Maria for a change. Maverick getting his wife on the show was great and I like the story there. Great opener with Lashley/Braun. Styles heel turn felt like it was coming and I'm glad they went in that direction. This may save The Clubs career. To be honest the worst thing on this show is actually the bad chemistry Seth and Becky have as an on screen couple. Great individuals but it isn't working at all as an duo.

"Holy shit...." Can anything else be said? That opening match between Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley was insane. Two mountains brawling it out around the arena and all this was from a feud thrown together for Super Showdown. I didn't really have high hopes after their tug-o-war but seeing the set completely destroyed like that can't NOT get me hyped up.

Also a small note, I want more camera shots of the camera man running to catch up to the action. I think it feels more like an "anything can happen atmosphere" when there's not already 3 perfectly positioned cameras for whatever happens and a camera man has to sprint to find what's going on. Don't overdo it for everything, obviously, but occasionally like in this would be cool.

I'm torn on this appearance. On one hand i'm glad to see Street Profits featured but on the other hand..why though? RAW haven't done anything with the Viking Raiders until tonight with Samoa Joe, or many of the teams in the tag division. There's no reason to add more people to the main roster. Especially the current Tag Champs that could use some more months to cement their reign and grow down in NXT. 
I will say this though that their segments were fun and i'm especially happy that they were wearing the NXT Tag Team Championships. Lets fans know who don't already that your next stars are wrestling every week on Wednesdays. 

Maria is money on the microphone and the Becky & Rollins backstage segment leading into that was pretty cringe to me at least. I'm happy for the both of them but these segments are not helping anyone. And poor Mike! Imagine showing up to the arena, getting the script to see what this new look Creative team has in store for your return and reading "Lose by submission and proceed to watch your wife cut a live promo on your lack of masculinity & inability to be man enough to get her pregnant." Mike really taking one to the balls tonight on RAW but the fact that him and Maria were able to be featured tonight and in a semi-prominent match is cool to see after not touching the main brands in forever.

I like to imagine as Heyman walked into the room, first day unofficially on the job he sat down and said only a few words "WE'RE DOING THE BULLET CLUB SHIT, YOU IDIOTS" and now we're here.
We're back boys! The Club is officially back in action and i'm happy for it. First mission? Beat up Ricochet again and again. They must really have high hopes for Ricochet in the company being put against Styles in this high profile angle given this could've easily made more sense against a face Rollins after Extreme Rules. Regardless of reasoning i'm looking forward to seeing the three of them interact more and more.

Really fun episode of RAW with some key moments. I really enjoyed the 24/7 Championship segments and the return of The Undertaker using his lightning as well. Also, no Bray Wyatt? Not even any puppets? Feels weird not having a FIrefly Funhouse update.

RAW started off great but really dropped off I think. The 6 man tag was alright but I feel like Joe vs Kofi shouldn't even be happening so it was annoying to see Kofi's first actual loss since like February happen in a six man tag. I still don't get why Taker is involved with the Shane/Roman/Drew story as his promo was rambling nonsense. Like why are the two guys who headlined Wrestlemania 33 in an intense feud teaming with no explanation. Miz should be in that role instead of having lost to McMahon like three times in a row and facing Elias every week. Seeing Mike and Maria on Raw was cool but I really hate how WWE is handling their new power couple. What an unnecessary match, all of Seth and Becky's on screen interactions come off disingenuous. I also felt really bad for Mike when he tapped to Becky and got berated by Maria. I wish he stayed on 205 and they pushed him there. The Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross storyline I think has been executed fantastically, I just wish it was a program for the Raw belt and not SD. Smackdown has so many talented women not getting screentime that could use a good feud to elevate them while this Lacey/Becky feud has been trash. Bliss and Becky worked well together on SD so I think now with both women more defined and developed they could do even better. Can't wait to see Nikki break out on her own. While AJ turning heel and working with The Club is cool, it still feels 3 years late. Why were they ever split in the first place I will never know. I'm also annoyed that this is the United States title feud and not a world title feud. If AJ turned heel against Seth, that would have been awesome. AJ feels too big a name to be gunning for the US Title and while a feud with AJ could get elevate Ricochet, I feel like AJ is too big a name to lose while Ricochet's reign is too new to end. My favorite storyline in WWE right now has to be Drake and Truth's rivalry over the 24/7 title which is certainly not something I thought I would say when it was announced. Drake's social media has been on fire since it's conception and the moments with gotten like the wedding crash and such have been amazing. I hope these two continue to get screentime since they're hilarious. 

Quite an enjoyable episode that gives some some hope to how the future of Raw will be shaping up. As many on here did, I did enjoy Styles joining The Club and should set up a great feud vs Ricochet. The Strowman/Lashley thing was a great way to quick off an episode of Raw to get people intrigued, Mike Kannelis and Maria turning up was a surprise but a nice one; is Mike the daddy though? Once again the 24.7 title segments were brilliant and assume the next course of action is Truth turning up at the honeymoon, Overall, pretty decent episode and I'm intrigued as to where Raw is gonna go once Heyman gets his hands on it more.

For those who are asking, Maria Kanellis is indeed pregnant, as announced on Raw.  The story that is making the rounds is that Kanellis informed WWE she was expecting again after she and Mike Kanellis signed new deals with the company.  PWInsider.com has been told that is indeed correct.  

Maria & Mike Kanellis, hell it's probably mostly Maria who are just geniuses at this point being able to secure themselves long term careers within WWE while raising a family. All Mike needs to do is made to look like he couldn't wrestle a wet blanket and they've got themselves security. It's honestly inspiring.
As far as their characters go on 205 Live he addressed it by putting the blame on Drake Maverick which is interesting. I guess since Maria is actually pregnant you can't really use the angle physically on television and the story might not continue on RAW but the way this is going there is probably going to be a "who's the father?" angle when she's due. At least i wouldn't be surprised.