BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Bart

If you could bring back 1 wrestler from any era to save the current WWE product, who would it be?

Currently, the WWE is in a slump. The product has (for me) the littlest amount of excitement and meaning behind since the dark ages of 2012 where we had Swagger and Del Rio in the main event slots. We all think about the good old days and how much better those performers were. I wanted to see your thoughts on this what if scenario, where the WWE could bring back one wrestler in his prime and insert him to the current WWE. Who would be your pick? 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor the rock 2000

The Rock

My pick is the Great One, the Rock. Before you get upset about me not picking someone else, let me explain my reasoning. You only insert 1 person into the mix. Rock has the almost unique ability to make any segment fun with his incredible perfomances on the microphone and therefore make you care about the silliest of things that would otherwise only lead to frustration. I think someone like Austin would struggle more in today's era, as Austin always played off the heels and part of his greatness came from him being the one to kick Vince's ass, while with Rock, I think it was more about simply the Rock winning. This goes along with his ability to carry the show on mainstream media with his fantastic interviews, makes him in my opinion the perfect pick. 

Kurt Angle

Angle is both one of the greatest workers of all time and a man with amazing charisma. Kurt Angle in his prime was nearly unmatched in all aspects and if we prime Kurt Angle had a run today it would be amazing. He could put on amazing matches with anyone on the roster and make any television segment entertaining.

Image result for kurt angle wwe champion

The Rock

4124C494-472C-45D5-84E8-53A19E398260.jpeg

I’d have to agree with you on The Rock, Bart. The Rock’s charisma would be perfect in today’s era. I feel like he could make a feud with anyone enjoying due to his performances on the microphone. Also his ability to put on amazing performances in the matches he is in. That’s why  obvious choice for me is the rock and that’s why. 

Image result for stone cold steve austin

My pick for this superstar would have to be Stone Cold Steve Austin.  While he may be a little out of place, you can't deny Austin's popularity and star power.  His ability to mix in comedy into his act while still remaining serious and cold at the same time is unmatched by any other superstar.  While he may not be able to keep up with the high flying and speedy style of many wrestlers today, there are still a handful of them who he'd undoubtedly have a good match with.  WWE has also been lacking in the natural pops category lately, and nothing gets a crowd more excited than the sound of the shattering glass.

WWE in this era could really use the star power of the Rock. He the ultimate Charismatic entertainer who could strvie in any era. Even under the PG era with there shitty scripted promos he could still make it work. He could obviously work with anyone and would be the face of the Company. Plus Rock vs Roman, Rock vs Rollins and so many more huge matches that would happen with The Rock. definitely would want Rock to be that guy you could bring back

The Rock is the easiest choice for this one, he has the biggest star power out of anyone in WWE right now and he could still put on great matches with him being better than ever before, his charisma also would be a huge asset to the WWE right now and plus he could put guys over and make them stars. 

I'm going to go with Eddie Guerrero. The man had charm, was so charismatic with his Lie, Cheat, Steal gimmick, and could have a great match with anybody. Him in his prime against the likes of Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, and Daniel Bryan would have been fantastic.

The perfect pick for me would be Stone Cold Steve Austin. Imagine him coming back and reigniting the feud with Vince. Ratings would increase and sales would go up. The product would get better and it would be a win-win situation. His charisma and ability on the mic would be amazing, even imagine him facing someone like The Miz who can cut an amazing promo too.

You would need someone who would fit the mold of the era, Stone Cold does not fit the mold of the era, The Rock doesn't fit the mold of the era. However, Eddie Guerrero I believe fits the mold of this era amazingly. Eddie versus almost any of the current wrestlers in the WWE would be amazing. He would make the product better, and he can get very over with fans. He'd be great in the current era.

23 minutes ago, Yelich said:

You would need someone who would fit the mold of the era, Stone Cold does not fit the mold of the era, The Rock doesn't fit the mold of the era. However, Eddie Guerrero I believe fits the mold of this era amazingly. Eddie versus almost any of the current wrestlers in the WWE would be amazing. He would make the product better, and he can get very over with fans. He'd be great in the current era.

I am completely lost on how someone like The Rock would not fit in. Austin i can get because of how Wrestling is nowadays in WWE with the PG era but to say Rock doesn't fit in is ridiculous. Is Character could easily be brought richt into the Era. He could work with anyone in the company. Hes shown that he can still be entertaining and cut a good promo under the PG guidelines. The Rock ls literally a megastar that would fit into any era. I just dont get how u could think Rock wouldn't fit in.

Eddie would be my choice, his charisma could easily make him one of the biggest babyfaces in this era and would make viewers want to tune in every week just to see the antics he can come up with; a bit like R-Truth but he would definitely be more of a legitimate main eventer and would make some great matches with some of the current guys.

Yeah Kurt Angle would be a great choice to save the current product, even under PG restrictions. Like The Rock he had a lot of charisma and was a legitimate star in the WWE and WWF and was missed greatly after his departure to TNA. I feel like he was a much better all around wrestler than The Rock though, and could get a good match out of anyone. He'd definitely have the star power and the talent to fix most of WWE's current problems.

It's a toss up between Rock and Austin for me but I'm leaning towards The Rock because I think he fits in just a little bit more than Austin does right now. WWE is all about entertainment now and The Rock might be the most entertaining wrestler the world has ever seen and probably will ever see. He can have the audience in the palm of his hands when cutting a promo, can have a good match with almost anyone and he's just that big of a star that if you work with him you will be elevated as well 

CM Punk or The Rock for me. The Rock has so much star power nowadays that he could hook in so many viewers and also be extremely entertaining. Every time he makes one of his rare appearances these days it's a must-watch and that could be very valuable right now. CM Punk is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time, he's great on the mic, great in the ring and WWE could use him in the main event at the moment. 

Edge

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_edg

I would go with edge because his has that exciting flair to him that makes him special in my opinion. Lets brainstorm some ways that edge could save the WWE, he could save the tag team division if he connected with Randy Orton to create rated RKO. He could add a another diverse piece into a world title picture and lastly he could make dream matchs with like Kevin Owens and Finn Balor.