BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Yelich

Angels Pitcher Tyler Skaggs Dies in Texas at 27 years old.

Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died Monday, the team announced. He was 27.

Police responded to a report of an unconscious man in a hotel room in Southlake, Texas, and pronounced Skaggs dead at the scene. No foul play is suspected and an investigation is ongoing, police said.

"It is with great sorrow that we report Tyler Skaggs passed away earlier today in Texas," an Angels statement said. "Tyler has, and always will be, an important part of the Angels Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with his entire family during this devastating time."

The Angels' game against the Texas Rangers scheduled for Monday was postponed.

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels told media that he had only discussed the postponement of Monday's game with MLB, but he would be open to talking if the league feels more should be done.

Skaggs last pitched Saturday, going five innings at home against Oakland. He had gone 7-7 this year in 15 starts, recording a 4.29 ERA with 78 strikeouts in 79⅔ innings.

A Los Angeles-area native, Skaggs was born in Woodland Hills and went to high school in Santa Monica. The Angels drafted him with the 40th pick in the first round in the 2009 draft.

He was traded to the Diamondbacks in August 2010 and made his major league debut two years later. Arizona traded him back to the Angels after the 2013 season.

Skaggs' death comes 10 years after another Angels pitcher, Nick Adenhart, died in a car crash along with two other people in April 2009. A drunk driver was convicted of murder and sentenced to 51 years to life in 2010.

Source: ESPN

This is a horrifying thing, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Skaggs family, and I hope that they are able to recover from their loss. I hope the MLB memorializes his death and doesn't just give a postponement of one game. After the death of Jose Fernandez just back in 2016, another player's death is really horrid to see. RIP Tyler Skaggs July 13, 1991-July 1, 2019.

Wow, and I saw he just pitched too the other day? I'm unfamiliar with the sport but It's horrible to see someone so young go out like that. I've had to friends pass away at an incredibly young age and it's never something you can comprehend at first. Thoughts are with his family.