BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Bashka

Interesting Detail In Jon Moxley's AEW Contract

Jon Moxley left WWE where he dropped the Dean Ambrose name. He cut a scathing shoot interview or three and now he’s working for AEW and NJPW. However, he could always decide to make a return to WWE if he wanted to.

Rajah reports that Jon Moxley’s new AEW contract is a three year deal, however, there is an option that he can leave in one year if he chooses to opt out of his contract.

It is noted that Moxley told Triple H and Vince McMahon that his intentions were to take a year off to heal his brain and his body. Therefore, the general assumption was that he would be back in WWE by 2020.

It is also reported that WWE had already started up some “tentative creative” for his return at the Royal Rumble.

In fact, the source adds that WWE was so sure that Moxley would be back in WWE that they had already planned for some “tentative creative” for his comeback at the Royal Rumble next year.

However, Moxley ended up signing with AEW instead of WWE without Vince McMahon’s company seeing that one coming at all. In fact, nobody is said to have known what was happening until he showed up on camera at Double Or Nothing.

It seems like Moxley is having a good time, however, he could always leave AEW in a year if he wants to. At that point, you know that WWE would gladly have him back.

Never say never but it really all depends on how his Run in AEW goes in the 1st Year. And i imagine its going to be great. They are gonna push him too the moon and hes going to have his creative freedom.  So highly unlikely he leaves but you never know no one saw him leaving WWE coming. It takes 1 bad relationships with the higher ups for him to want out.  Maybe theyll want him to job to Adam Page and that pisses him off. But i doubt it. I think he will definitely be in AEW for the full 3 Years and becike a multi time world Champion 

This is absolute bullshit, there is no chance in hell firstly that AEW flops within a year, and there is no chance Moxley would want to go back to WWE so soon after leaving because of frustrations. It would make him look like a hypocrite going back there and that's not something I think he wants to be seen as. I think he will be with AEW for the long-run and disaster would have to strike them for him to even consider leaving 

During his podcast with Chris Jericho didn't Moxley himself say he told them he was straight up leaving for good? They even went ahead paying him only $500 for his final Shield appearance. I think if anything this clause in his contract was only to protect himself in case he either just wanted to step away from wrestling for a bit or if AEW ended up not being as positive of a venture as he first hoped. At the moment i think there is a better chance he would leave AEW for NJPW over a WWE return. 
Who knows maybe the WWE product will change so much that it might become appealing again but i imagine it's the behind the scenes working environment he would be wary about.

The 1 year deal is just a safety net if AEW turns out to be the shits. Very unlikely he will leave, considering he's enjoyed his first few nights in the company. Things could change long term of course. But WWE wouldn't be any kinder for him. It's the devil you know or the devil you don't know. I guess Moxley is taking that risk, let's hope its worth it.