BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Prince

Favourite Underdog Moment In A Sport?

I'm a sucker for a good underdog story since you see them since for me personally I feel inspired when witnessing them, we see a lot of these in sports so feel free to mention your personal faves.

Image result for leicester city premier league

One of the best is Leicester City winning the Premier League, these were guys who narrowly missed out on relegation the season before and came back and won the damn title, it was incredible. In that you had players like Jamie Vardy, who went from playing non-league football to a goal scoring machine at Leciester and holding the record for scoring in the most PL games in a row. Truly an incredible story to witness.

The pats coming back and beating the Falcons and the pats through ALL the hate and thrugh EVERYONE saying they were done this year coming back and beating the RAMS. Coming back from that Giants loss and winning even more and more super bowls, quite  an underdog right there

11 minutes ago, bailey14 said:

Nothing bigger to me then the Giants beating  the Undefeated Patriots in the superbowl stopping history from happening. Giants were the last seed in the playoffs too was quite amazing

That helmet catch, even tho it makes me want to throw a TV at a wall, is still one of the coolest plays to see.

Without stating the obvious (Leicester winning the PL), I'm gonna go with Iceland's run at Euro 2016. It was a shock to see them even qualify, let alone beat England to move on to the next round. I'll always remember the night Iceland beat England, it was glorious.

This was one of the biggest shocks in boxing ever. As someone who watched it live I had the same feeling I had when Taker's streak ended, I couldn't believe it. Andy Ruiz came into this fight as a replacement for Jarrell Miller and only had a few weeks of preparation, nobody thought he had a chance, but Ruiz smoked Joshua who was undefeated up until this fight. One of my favourite moments in boxing ever and one of the biggest upsets in sport history.

Without talking about Leicester's win and then most recently Andy Ruiz's victory over Anthony Joshua, I 'm going to go back to the 2004 Olympics where the Argentinian men's basketball team shocked the world and picked up gold. USA are always the most dominant Basketball team no question so whenever they don't win it's always considered an upset 

Image result for steven bradbury gif
I need to go with the immortal Steven Bradbery. He is an Australian Speedskater who went from last in the final to claiming a gold medal after everyone else in the race fell over before the finish line. Funny story, he also made the skates that the home town favourite (Apolo Anton Ohno) was wearing. Bradbury supplied them to Ohno for free and asked Ohno that he endorse them when he won. Obviously not thinking that he'd end up being the winner. 

Watch this and tell me it isn’t the best. While it’s an extremely obvious answer that doesn’t it’s not true. Nobody could’ve seen this coming and it’s always nice to have an underdog win in a league that’s mainly being won by 3 or 4 teams.

18 hours ago, MARKER said:

When Holm defeated Ronda Rousey who was at the top of her game and one of the best women in mix martial arts got beaten by a women who wasn't known that well was the one we know now as the women who knock Ronda out

She never really mentally recovered from that loss before hanging it up all together. I've loved her in WWE but Rousey is a weird one, never seen someone go from being so dominant to just a complete mess. From interviews and just in general it seems she bought her own hype harder then maybe anyone and boy did it cost her. Will never take away what she helped accomplish for the division within UFC though.