BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Joh

Overrated Sports Stars

The media and sports community are quick to hype up and sing the praises of some rising stars or well-known players, but for some people these people don't deserve all the acclaim they get. Who do you guys think is overrated in the world of sports?

A lot of names come to mind, Tony Romo is the biggest one however. As easily one of the worst starting QBs i've seen. People use to praise him way to much for what he did *and that was nothing*, Romo didn't lead the Cowboys anywhere and people around the US loved him for some reason.

Definitely Anthony Joshua. People have been bigging him up as being the best heavyweight in the world, without facing a massive challenge, bar Klitschko, but you could argue that in the prime of his career than Klitschko would have killed Joshua in the boxing ring. AJ was found out recently against Andy Ruiz and I think that might have ended his hype completely. I can't see him getting the Wilder or Fury fight after the embarrassing loss. He's a great boxer but he is very overrated.

Anthony Joshua is highly overrated; he's not even the best heavyweight in Britain, let alone the world. He had the chance to prove that he is the best in the world but he ducked Wilder's challenge and the true top heavyweight in Britain, Tyson Fury, stepped up instead.

Also, Conor McGregor was overrated in the cage but fortunately, Khabib showed everyone that so I don't need to say much about it.

Every player ever owned by Liverpool FC that has had a more than decent season is more than likely overrated. They big up their players so much to the point where you want to drill your own ears, like Van Dijk. Van Dijk is a great centre back and I won't deny that, but them comparing him to some of the all-time greats like Maldini is ridiculous given how little he has done so far.