BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Sheridan

Monday Night RAW Discussion: July 15th 2019

20190715_RAW_ER_Brock--9c813b55d1791f78b

Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch prevailed at WWE Extreme Rules, but Brock Lesnar left Philly with The Architect’s Universal Championship thanks to a long-teased Money in the Bank cash-in that finally came to fruition. Can Rollins crawl his way back up the mountain?

- The Brock Party resumes

The good news, at least, is that Kofi Kingston is safe. The bad news, however, is that Brock Lesnar came calling and obliterated Seth Rollins in Extreme Rules’ closing moments, devouring The Architect and reclaiming the Universal Championship by way of a Money in the Bank cash-in. Now, Rollins, who fought his way to Brock for the better part of a year, is facing the Sisyphean task of once again working his way back up to The Beast. There’s little doubt he’ll be game for the attempt, but after weeks of in-ring competition and mental stress brought on by Paul Heyman’s mind games, the question is whether his heart, his mind and his body are all up to the task.

- Club house rules

The Club came through in the clutch for AJ Styles, providing the timely interference that allowed The Phenomenal One to relieve Ricochet of his United States Championship and snap the Superstar’s young reign. Ricochet is unlikely to take the disrespect lying down, but to get his prize back, he’ll have to fight his way through a crowded field — Cesaro, The Miz, Braun Strowman and more are still lurking, and The Monster Among Men is coming off a big victory himself — not to mention penetrate Styles’ defenses and deal with The Good Brothers. In other words, it’ll be a tall order. Too tall? We shall certainly see.

- What friends are for

The era of co-SmackDown Women’s Champions never quite came to pass: Thanks to a furious effort by Bayley, Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross fell short of a Handicap Match victory that would have netted them the SmackDown Women’s Title. That puts the blue jewel out of Bliss’ reach for the first time in a couple of months — unless she Wild Cards again, but that’s a whole other story — but she and Cross could conceivably make a play for Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, who is finally free of Lacey Evans following the results of WWE Extreme Rules’ main event. Of course, that’s all supposing Bliss & Cross’ friendship survives this latest in-ring disappointment. Lots of ways this one can go …

Brock winning the Universal Championship was probably the best thing for this title right now, never have I ever seen such a dead champ as Seth Rollins, he hasn't done anything with the title besides being in feuds with Baron Corbin and AJ Styles with Corbin taking the majority.

AJ Styles also winning the US title was good aswell because it makes The Club look like a credible force, now we need Gallows and Anderson to win the RAW Tag Team Championships and then we have a full house. Also with Braun, Miz and Cesaro going after it, it seems that the division looks good now. 

Nikki Cross should be on her own, she doesn't need Alexa, if they are going to feud, then I wouldn't mind only if Nikki gets the win and becomes a monster within the feud 

Excited for RAW tn ngl. Extreme Rules was great and I'm excited for the aftermath and the   beginning of the Build to Summerslam. Lesnar vs Rollins is the right match to do at Summerslam. Gonna be interesting if they go along and do taker vs McIntyre at Summerslam. It's a new era in WWE potentially with Heyman in charge of RAW. Hopefully it's a good one 

This should be a good show considering how good Extreme Rules was and if they can follow up on that then it'll be a good watch. Apart from last week's shitty episode, things have been on the rise since Heyman and Bischoff took over and I'm excited to see what happens. 

I'm really looking forward to RAW tonight. Extreme Rules was a great show and has left me excited to seeing what happens next. With news that all previous plans for Summerslam could be getting scrapped we could see a completely different show tonight if Heyman has taken the reigns with full control now. 

I thought that this RAW was a huge step up from previous episodes.  Even though there were many matches with quick pinfalls, another 2-out-of-3 falls tag match, and an overextended women's match, the show was still overall positive for me.

Wyatt's debut was done nearly perfectly, and while I think they could have chosen a better person for it to have happened on, it was still shit your pants scary/weird and perfect for his character.  Hopefully Heyman keeps up these random attacks, they already seem to be paying off for Wyatt.

I thought the "Miz TV" segment was kind of pointless but still good nonetheless.  Miz played his babyface character well during it and I think Ziggler's bitter gimmick serves him well, especially in these kind of situations.  

As always, the 24/7 stuff is absolutely brilliant.  Maverick and Truth are amazing at doing these comedic skits and it's working extremely well for them and the title.  This one was weird to say the least, but that kind of weirdness makes it all the more entertaining to watch.  Also, props to Graves for delivering the line of the night after the scene.

And finally, the battle royal.  I thought it was great idea to get the top stars all some TV time and I thought the match itself was decent.  While I personally wasn't a fan of Rollins winning, I think it was right decision storyline wise with Rollins still needing his rematch and it made him look good in the process.

I think that overall this show wasn't great in terms of match quality, but the angles and storyline progression really carried it to an above average show.

For me I think that the way they presented Wyatt was absolutely flawless. With the reveal as the fiend and the lights flashing I think this is going to be an absolute winner. Would have preferred someone other than Balor because it still stinks of the Wyatt feud a couple of years back 

Loved the 24/7 stuff again, Drake and Truth have made this absolutely hilarious and I can’t wait to see where they go with it next. The battle Royal was predictable and it made it kind of boring to watch however it is the right step in the feud process 

I thought this was a good episode of RAW, I love any kind of battle royal so it was good to see despite it being predictable. I'm looking forward to see what they do with Bray, they could put him up against Finn after the attack but I feel like Finn should be getting a rematch against Nakamura. The six man tag was a weird but I'm guessing it means that The Usos are going to be in Ricochet's corner for his rematch against AJ which I mean makes sense to even out the numbers. 

During tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw, Natalya, Naomi, Carmella, and Alexa Bliss competed in a fatal-four way elimination matchup to determine who faces Becky Lynchfor the Raw women's championship at Summerslam, when the Long Island crowd showered the competitors with a series of chants including: "This is awful," "Boring," "We want Sasha," and the popular "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks." Following the match, Alexa Bliss would take to social media to comment tweeting out "Just Disrespectful" and retweeting a fan who stated, "They ask for the women to be taken seriously and then they begin to chant that. Disappointing from the crowd.

The match sucked they deserved it. Anyways i thought RAW Was decent 

The first hour wasn't great. Bray Wyatt looked fantastic and i loved how they did it.

The Main event was a fun battle Royal. I enjoyed it. Rollins was the right choice to get the Summerslam match. Hopefully Rollins and Lesnar can have a proper match this time.

The 24/7 stuff was hilarious..

RAW was pretty decent, there was some great stuff but there was some garbage as well. I hope Bray doesn't feud with Balor to be honest. We've already seen the match before and it wasn't great I don't think we need to see it again. I'd prefer to see Bray just beating people up on RAW every week and destroying the RAW roster. His new character debut was amazing though, having Finn's music slowly die down and then the arena blackout afterwards with Bray in the ring was awesome. 

I like Cedric Alexander but having him beat Drew McIntyre was so bloody stupid. Drew is a guy you should be getting pushed as one of WWE's top stars, and there's even been talks about him feuding with Undertaker soon, so I find it weird they just had him lose to one of their midcard guys. Knowing WWE Drew will most likely get his win back anyways so the entire thing will be pointless. 

I enjoyed the Miz TV stuff with Dolph and Miz. It was one of Dolph's best promos in awhile, I liked his points about Miz being a guy who sucks up and doesn't even get on the show. Not sure if these two are feuding but I wouldn't mind seeing this match again at all.

The 24/7 Title segments were brilliant as per usual. It was one of the funniest things I've seen on a WWE show in awhile. 

The womens fatal four way was so awful. Surely it didn't need to be an elimination match, or they could have just cut out a lot of time from the match. It went on for what felt like an eternity and the end result of the match was a bad decision for me. I don't know how Alexa Bliss can be mad at the fans, the match was pure shite, whether it was the men or the women out there they would have booed the match either way. I liked the Becky and Natalya promo at the end, it slightly improved my interest for this feud, but I can't see the match itself being any good. 

The battle royal was really predictable, it would have made more sense if they just gave Rollins his rematch straight up but I guess they need to fill time. The battle royal was fine in the end I guess, there was some nice spots in the match. Rollins VS Brock should be a hell of a match at Summerslam, I'm looking forward to it. 

Raw was decent, but nothing spectacular. Still hate them using the wildcard rule which I don't think they mention anymore. Rollins winning was expected and his match with Lesnar at Summerslam will be pretty good, and hopefully Rollins regains his title from lesnar. 

A decent enough show this week. Rollins gets another shot much to nobodies surprise. I'd rather Brock work with someone else but who really is there? I would've went with Strowman to finally give him a crowning victory. I do think Rollins is better at chasing the title but to be fair to him, the only guy he really got to work with was Corbin for his reign. A heel AJ Styles program would've been great. 

O7InUFd.gif
You can't keep down the Boombox moves of Lesnar for too long. If it wasn't for the Universal Championship he would've been hoisting Heyman into the air.

The lighting over the arena, over his mask was excellent during his debut. They really made sure to make him stand out compared to the usual lights on, lights off affair. You can tell that television minds do work within WWE during those moments. 

I kind of don't want Bray to wrestle as much in his early days back in WWE. I honestly wish old Bray wrestled far less than he did. He was set up as a special attraction, but we just saw him too much when he could have had the other guys act as his proxies until major PPVs. I’d rather him haunt a foe and only face him in the ring after the other guy had been broken to some extent. Not even for a match, just face to face on a major show or on RAW on occasion. WCW executed that with Raven's Flock. Regardless it was an excellent debut and makes me all the more excited for “heal” Bray to be introduced. This firefly funhouse angle has been consistently brilliant thus far.

I'm glad there was any followup at all to Credric Alexander teaming with Roman Reigns in last week's main event against Shane McMahon and McIntyre. Far too often does WWE want you to forget about stuff like that but it seems there has been a recent attempt for some continuity. The biggest shock was that he was credible opponent against McIntyre. I didn't know how to process seeing Alexander actually fight against Drew and not being squashed. That being said knowing WWE they can easily have that next week but i'm optimistic. You can argue that this doesn't make Drew look as dominating as he should but when WWE finally want to commit they will.

Mike Kanellis has had more TV time the last month than he has in years. I gotta admit, I laughed out loud when Mike Rome said "The winner of this match IN LESS THAN ONE MINUTE---" They never bring up match length, and it just seemed like a blatantly obvious way of adding insult to injury. Now we all know the story of them signing new WWE deals recently so now i'm sitting here wondering...obviously this is making him look horrible on screen on RAW but this is a lot of TV time for a "burial"..could there be something more to this? I actually feel myself if this continues wanting to cheer on Mika against Maria. Not sure how it would work he is the most undered dog i've seen in a while.

I would love to hear that even though WWE tossed aside from the public their attempt at a Top 10 from Smackdown last year but had instead kept it hidden for themselves, calculating the numbers to give us this list. I was annoyed during this segment. Half at WWE and half at myself. WWE because again they are using Smackdown wrestlers in a match to face for the Universal Championship and myself because i let it annoy me. 

At least within those name they had quite a few of surprising options which i was happy to see but of course all of the most intriguing options like Cesaro and Bobby Lashley were eliminated fairly quickly. It would've been cool to see one of them have the "dream" match with Brock Lesnar at the PPV. The match was fun but played out fairly predictably. We're getting Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar again at SummerSlam and i'm not sure how to feel because i sit here not convinced Rollins is going to win it back straight away. It's hard to find a winning situation in this scenario.

First off let me say that while I enjoyed the main event the match didn't make much sense. Smackdown stars should not be getting shots like that in the first place. Then some of the people in the match weren't kayfabe deserving of being called contenders. Rey Mysterio was recently squashed by Bobby and Bobby lost that LMS to Braun on Sunday. Sami Zayn has won like one match since his return from injury that I can remember. Cesaro literally just lot to Aleister Black Sunday yet he gets in instead. And last but not least...Baron Corbin. The guy that lost 3 ppv title matches against Seth Rollins in a row. I kinda wish Brock had cashed in on Kofi since it would have been a much more interesting story but this hopefully leads to a great match because I think under the right circumstances they could do great things. I kinda got excited for the prospect of Randy vs Brock II but I do prefer stars face their own brands champs which seems to be happening with Randy and Kofi. Thing is the match was super predictable. Even though there is supposedly no more rematch clause we have gotten a fair amount of former champ vs current champ matches that they give to us in roundabout ways, whether it be a battle royal like monday night or something else. 

The co main event women's four way was awful and I'm glad the crowd told them so. That match was far too long. It could have easily been cut down by like 10 minutes. Most of that time was spent doing rest holds and such. It also made no sense that there was 1 heel in the match and she just sat on the outside NOT WRESTLING and none of the faces did anything about it. Like the faces were fighting each other and every once and awhile Bliss comes in to try to take advantage and rather than getting rid of her they would go back to fighting each other. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Natalya winning was alright, I guess they want the pop in Canada, but I really don't buy her as a contender. As a matter of fact, none of these 4 have done anything to be in that match. Bliss just lost two title matches in a row to Bayley, Carmella mostly jobs, and the other two are hardly on tv. Just mindboggling how much wasted talent is in WWE but especially in the women's division. 

Drake Maverick's marriage consummation segments were pure gold. R-Truth and Drake Maverick, plus his wife Renee recently, have done wonders for the 24/7 title. These two are amazing at comedy and it's so odd to me that this has probably been the best handled rivalry post Mania. Hope Drake gets to consummate the marriage soon.

It was nice to see Roode back on tv even if it was to ultimately be the fall guy. I really wish they would bring that Main Event Muscle thing to Raw because WWE in general really needs more stables and it would be a great way to elevate Roode. He is a proven star in TNA and even NXT so at the very least he should be a featured midcarder.

Cedric Alexander beating Drew McIntyre was bizarre to say the least. When Drew was called up he was being tapped as the future of WWE and it seemed that way at first with how protected he was. He's seemed to have fallen pretty far this year but even still he's been feature consistently and just came off feuding with Roman Reigns and The Undertaker. Cedric has been mainly shown chasing the 24/7 championship and got pinned last week after a Claymore. Instead we get this 50/50 crap. It would be one thing if they were preparing to strap a rocket to Cedric but we all know that isn't happening. He's gonna get beaten by Drew in a rematch and disappear. 

We know Balor has requested a couple months off and will leave after Summerslam so it's no surprise he dropped IC and then lost to Joe here. The real highlight was obviously Bray Wyatt's return when he assaulted Finn Balor which was an awesome moment. I assume this means Finn will be Bray's first opponent which kinda gives me flashbacks to their feud 2017 which was awful. Bray should demolish Balor completely if they face at Summerslam. Bray needs to be heavily protected to keep up the momentum and he shouldn't lose for a long time. I would especially love it if Bray was to give Demon Balor his first main roster loss. That would really show they are taking Bray seriously. Plus when Finn returns maybe he can join The Club full time and be a heel which would be refreshing to see.