BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bashka

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins

20190715_SSLAM_brockseth--1a8cdfbf25c10f

At SummerSlam, Universal Champion Brock Lesnar goes head-to-head with Seth Rollins.

At WWE Extreme Rules, Lesnar stunned the WWE Universe when he reemerged just moments after a grueling Extreme Rules Winners Take All Mixed Tag Team main event and cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Seth Rollins to quickly win back the Universal Championship, toppling the very Superstar who beat him for the title at WrestleMania.

The Architect faced an uphill battle to get another crack at The Beast since there is no longer an automatic rematch clause when a titleholder loses the gold. Accordingly, the best of the best in WWE descended on Raw the night after Extreme Rules to compete in a “Cross Branded All-Star Top 10 Battle Royal” for the opportunity to stand toe-to-toe with The Beast at The Biggest Event of the Summer. The combatants included Rollins, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Big E, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley and Cesaro.

Out of the free-for-all would emerge Rollins, and the stage was set for a truly explosive confrontation for the Universal Title.

Don’t miss SummerSlam, Sunday, Aug. 11, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network at 7 ET/4 PT.

This was something that was going to happen from the time Brock won the Briefcase. I don’t know if WWE are going to put it back on Rollins but if they do then Brock cashing in at ER was a bit of a waste. The match should be good, fast paced and hard-hitting, should be a fun watch as all Brock matches are

I'm glad they had Brock cash-in at Extreme Rules just to get it out of the way. I strongly doubt this is going to be another one of Lesnar's long reigns, I think Seth is going to win it back at Summerslam, there's no one else I can see beating Lesnar except for Reigns. This should be an amazing world title match if WWE doesn't try and make it 4 minutes long or have it be a finisher fest. Brock has had some great matches with the likes of Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and Finn Balor the last few years, so I think Rollins can definitely get a class match out of Lesnar if they give it some time. 

Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com recently discussed what WWE has planned for Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins at Summerslam: 

“The Universal Title match, the Lesnar vs Rollins match is going to close Summerslam. It’s going to headline the show. As far as I know it’s going to be the final match on the show for Summerslam.” 

“So they’re not going to go in there and do a five minute match. Their gonna go in there and they’re gonna do a real match this time. So if you’re one of those people who was disappointed with the Mania match, well you’re gonna get a real match coming up at Summerslam. So that is a change.” 

Lesnar is currently the 1/2 betting odds early favorite. 

Thanks to RingsideNews.com for the quotes.

This is what I wanted!!

The match definitely should be main eventing the show so that's good to see. They could still very well do a 5 minute main event match for the Universal Championship, but I doubt they'd do the same thing they did at Wrestlemania. Brock and Rollins really needs to be a proper match-up, I think they could do a lot of great stuff if it's around 15 minutes. 

It’s great to see that this match is going to main event if it means Lesnar isn’t going to be slacking.  We already know how good Lesnar CAN be (him vs Bryan/Styles) and I’m expecting nothing less from him in this match against Rollins.  Despite his age, Lesnar is still fully capable of going and when he’s being put against one of the best in the WWE right now, it’s not hard to make magic happen.  This is the perfect by money match to main event a huge PPV, and I can’t wait to see the result.  I think Lesnar will retain here, but I could definitely see it going the other way as well.

I can only think "Why so quickly?" When Rollins won the match on RAW. We didn't need a #1 contender that night.  They could've built to for at least a week or two, and give Seth some screen time motivation to get back at Brock Lesnar for his cash-in. Build up the other contenders in the match a little more, like Rey Mysterio who was massacred a week before. I mostly feel bad for Braun Strowman. They had Braun the most over hes been in a long time and it would have been a perfect moment for him to finally move up to face Brock Lesnar and if not i don't think having him in that match helped at all.

All that out of the way..hearing that Rollins vs Lesnar is going to Main Event the PPV has me very optimistic. Lesnar with his short matches as fun as they can be most of the time, especially against his calibre of opponent i still think a nice lengthy match will be good to conclude this feud for the time being if Rollins does win. I think back to his Royal Rumble match with these two and John Cena involved.

This is interesting for a few reasons. 1. Rollins was actually drawing lower numbers than Jinder Mahal's title reign so it's really difficult to say if they are gonna put the title back on Seth here, 2. Brock being champion again probably wouldn't help ratings so him keeping the title wouldn't exactly be great either and 3. They could very easily add a third participant into this match in someway shape or form. 
Personally as the match stands right now I think it'll be a fun, fast paced match that probably won't go that long, i'm hoping to see Rollins win the title back since Brock being champion again for basically the third year in a row probably wouldn't be what people are gonna tune in to see. I'm gonna predict that brock retains though because he just won the title and brock isn't exactly the kind of person to have a one month title reign. 

Please please please. Don't be another quick match of 5 minutes tops. We need this match properly. Give Rollins the AJ/Bryan threatment. I am sure Heyman would be keen on this and might convince Brock to try harder than ever. The segment on the recent RAW is a promosing sign towards new things coming from Brockand I would love to see it continue here. 

If they decide to actually have a proper match, I feel these two can potentially do match of the night. Lesnar has shown in the past with guys like Kurt Angle, Undertaker, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan and Finn Balor to name a few that he can have some pretty amazing matches and I feel Rollins is that type of wrestler who will be able to get a very good match out of Lesnar.

Now I dunno who is going to win personally, I feel Rollins 1st reign with the Universal Championship was a complete DUD as outside of a match with AJ he wasted his time wrestling Baron Corbin over and over and over again while playing lovey dovey with his real life girlfriend Becky Lynch (In fact it ended up hurting both of them) so I am not sure if giving him another championship reign is a good ideia.

On the other hand I don't really wanna spend another year without the Universal title on my TV so by default I think I am gonna go with Rollins winning here.

For those who had doubts, these two can deliver inside the ring. With Rollins, he had lost his connection with the audience prior to this match and had made himself less of a babyface hero with his actions in real life, but he managed to make up for that by putting in one hell of a perfomance. I am glad he won, but I hope this time they have better plans for him as champion.

This should have been the match we should have gotten at Wrestlemania. Amazing match between these two and they told a pretty good story here. No matter what Rollins has said lately which might have hurt his stock as a Babyface he reedemed himself quite well by putting on an amazing match with the Beast and in the end he walks out of Summerslam a 2-time Universal Champion.

Let's hope his 2nd reign is better than his First.

Match of the Night imo, really enjoyed what these two did in the ring, and Seth is once again over. Favorite spot of the match was the frog splash onto the announce table, that was sick. Overall great match, great story, and hopefully Seth gets a better reign with the title. 

This match exceeded my expectations and made me a Seth Rollins guy again. I cooled on him because his first reign was awful but this felt like a true coronation, especially with him being the first guy to beat Lesnar clean since Goldberg. Respect to Heyman for how he booked this match with Rollins gutsy performance.