BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Bashka

WWE RAW Women's Championship: Becky Lynch vs Natalya

20190715_SSLAM_beckynatty--21e21443c27c5

The Queen of Harts is on a collision course with The Man at SummerSlam when Natalya challenges Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Title.

One day after Becky teamed with Seth Rollins and thwarted the challenge of Lacey Evans and her partner Baron Corbin in an Extreme Rules Winners Take All Mixed Tag Team bout, a Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match took place on Raw to determine who will challenge The Man for the Raw Women’s Title at SummerSlam. When the dust cleared on that hard-fought contest, Natalya had outlasted Naomi, Alexa Bliss and Carmella to earn the right to try and unseat Lynch at The Biggest Event of the Summer.

Natalya is a third-generation Superstar who trained in the infamous Hart Dungeon. She has the scars from battle and an arsenal that includes the Sharpshooter, one of the most excruciating submission holds in the game. Will her experience and legendary training be enough to counteract the effects of Straight Fire?

Don’t miss SummerSlam, Sunday, Aug. 11, beginning at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

This is extremely underwhelming in every aspect of it. Natalya just isn’t good at all and this feud is just so uninspiring. Surely for Summerslam you would think they would give Becky a big time opponent. Becky should steam past Nattie, in what will probably be a boring match and a really boring build 

Oh boy this isn't what you want to see for a Summerslam match. This is a post-Summerslam feud. I can sit here saying that Natalya is technically very proficient in the ring and emerged from a time in WWE where that wasn't needed in a women's wrestler. So it has been good to see her the past few years utilise her skills more, especially as a member of the Hart family it's cool to see the lineage continue. But i just can't find her interesting. I remember when she was teaming with Beth Phoenix i was happy because she had someone to work off - I'm almost sad that ended so quickly. I'm not sure what to expect from this feud but at least it is a RAW wrestler? I'll say this, I really liked how Natalya ended that back and forth on RAW with Becky but I’m probably in the minority though because I’ve always wanted her to have more of a personality.

At least the match wont be a trainwreck. Obviously the biggest draw isn't going to be the womens title match. Although we all want the match to be good, we need those bathroom breaks. Natalya is better than people make out she is, and working with Becky, they for sure will be able to have a decent match.

Pretty sure they only chose Natalya because Summerslam is in Canada, so I guess the crowd will get behind her in the match so they should be into it at least. I think they could have an alright match, Natalya is an okay wrestler but she should be able to feed off the crowd if they're behind her, and Becky is definitely good in the ring. It just doesn't feel like a Summerslam feud though, I really thought they were going to have Alexa Bliss win it because she was the only real star in the fatal four way and the only heel. This feud might not be as bad as we think it will be, it's just that Natalya seems like a disappointment compared to Alexa and the match on RAW sucked, but I enjoyed the promo after with Natalya and Becky.

Yee haw, WWE back at it again with matches no one wants to see.  Sure Natalya will get a pop, but at what cost? This match is so predictable and it’s almost 100% going to be an average match, so the best I can really hope for is some kind of big return after the match (Jax or Rousey if they’re healthy is my best guess).

On 7/17/2019 at 8:44 AM, Maasa said:

So now WWE is desperate they want Canadian people to watch so they are gonna push natalya we are on this level now ok. This going to be a ok match at best with a potential to a trainwreck. Hopefully becky retains.

I somehow completely overlooked that Summerslam was taking place in Canada. At least now it makes sense that Natalya is going to be in this match. I still feel she lacks the credibility to be on this PPV but i can only imagine there is going to be the some Hart Family appearances alongside this build and match. As is tradition. God help WWE when they run out of Harts.

I am not looking forward to this. The Becky Hype has died off for me and now we are stuck in the same position as where we were a year ago with the women. I don't think the submission gimmick does much as I am fan of that gimmick being used when before someone has won in a less impressive way, but here it seems to have just been decided upon to add some buzz to another wise not very interesting storyline. 

I can sit here feeling wrong about my first reaction to this match because the two of them have done a pretty good job building up to this match in the time they had. Considering Natalya really wasn't on the roster as a "threat" to anyone they  together have brought intensity and drama to this that's helped the intrigue a whole lot. I like them utilising off camera moments especially such as interviews or the training before the show.

One minor note is that the submission stipulation feels tacked on, just a pointless label to make the match feel more than normal because really was this match going to end some other way? A piledriver? The crowd reaction is going to be one of the favourite parts of the night between Natalya who is the hometown woman and Becky Lynch the company favourite. Duelling chants perhaps.

Talk about underwhelming, the only reason Natalya is even in this match is due to the fact that she is from Canada. Such a shame because if Natalya wasn't treated like the joke she usually is this could have been a pretty exciting match. So with that said this will probably not end in nothing short of Becky making Natalya tap out to the Dis-Arm-Her.

Hopefully something happens post match to pick up some interest because really Becky's title reign as the Raw Women's Champion has been very underwhelming and this coming from a big Becky Lynch fan.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this one, I thought the match was pretty decent. It was great to see the crowd somewhat excited for the match and I think that benefitted it a lot. Of course, Lynch retaining was very predictable, but still a good match overall.

Solid match for me exceeded my expectations to be honest. Not a great match in my opinion but it was a good match no doubt. A good transition match as it looks like we are gonna get Sasha vs Becky next. Which should an excellent feud. Natalya should take a bit of a break now and come back stronger with a solid push.