BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Smith

NXT Discussion: July 17th, 2019

image.png

NXT Champion Adam Cole thought he was being clever when he offered an NXT Title opportunity to Johnny Gargano’s former trainee, Twan Tucker. Much to The Undisputed ERA leader’s shock and dismay, however, Gargano & Tucker were ready for Cole’s scheme, and Johnny Wrestling wasn’t far behind.

• Matt Riddle def. Arturo Ruas via ref stoppage; afterward, Killian Dain ambushed Riddle and smashed him through the stage
  • Street Profits are ready for The Undisputed ERA’s smoke
  • Fan footage was shown of Mia Yim demolishing Marina Shafir outside of a Live Event
  • Bronson Reed def. Dexter Lumis in the first round of the NXT Breakout Tournament
  • Forgotten Sons welcomed Tyler Breeze to the “new NXT”
  • Kushida def. Apollo Crews
  • Keith Lee pledged to “change the narrative” in NXT
  • Johnny Gargano made NXT Champion Adam Cole tap out during wild brawl

wwe.com

Killian Dain returning was a nice reintroduction back into NXT, hopefully Riddle can get the victory over Killian in their potential feud. 

Kushida beating Apollo Crews was sad for me since I love Apollo Crews a lot, but I felt this was necessary if Kushida is needed to look strong in NXT. 

I SERIOUSLY WANT KEITH LEE TO DO SOMETHING, GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO DO NXT, GIVE HIM A TITLE MATCH, SOMETHING FOR HIM TO DO. 

It's great to see Killian Dain return back to NXT, he was horribly misused on the Main Roster and hopefully now he can regather that momentum and become a big monster heel down there. KUSHIDA's booking keeps getting better, not only has he now got wins over CW Champion Drew Gulak but he now has defeated Apollo Crews which should also really help his credibility, the NA title scene is next for him. The breakout match was alright, nothing special and definitely not the best we have seen but I still enjoyed it. I like Bronson Reed, I think he has some good potential although I don't see him going past the next round. And btw the name Dexter Lumis absolutely sucks 

I LOVE Dexter Lumis. Everything about him is awesome. I really cannot put into words how much he impressed me in that short match. I really hope he gets to be on tv regularly soon because he instantly won me over. Bronson Reed on the other hand was meh at best but of course the face is gonna win since Cameron already won his match. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get an actual title defense on the card but it was a decent way to set up for the Toronto match. The KUSHIDA vs Apollo Crews match was good but honestly I still am not all that into KUSHIDA yet. He hasn't really gotten my full interest yet but he's still in the early stages of winning one off matches so I'll wait until he gets put into a real program to make an actual judgement. 

Glad to see Killian Dane make his anticipated return to NXT finally. Attacking Riddle and putting him through the stage is a great way to show he is just as dominate since the last time he was in NXT. I still think it's a shame that Sanity failed on the main roster but i do appreciate that it seems from their ashes 3 out of 4 of the talent involved seemed to be doing well for themselves all across the WWE landscape. Weird to think that Eric Young is the one who fell the furthest.  Regardless this got me excited for these two eventually going one one one.

Dexter Lumis. i loved his entrance. the commentators being quiet, being billed from “an undisclosed location,” the music, his mannerisms. i haven’t enjoyed a wrestler so much from solely their entrance in a while. It is very similar to what he was doing in TNA as Samuel Shaw but he does it so well that i'm glad they haven't strayed away from it. When he left TNA i actually thought WWE would pick him up sooner than they did but i'm glad to see he has made it there finally for a chance. I like Jonah now Bronson Reed but i feel Dexter should've won because for a short tournament he is the much interesting character to work with. It's something you need to be careful of.

The live crowd had no idea that Crews would be Kushida's opponent so hearing huge reaction Crews received by the fans was so great. It has probably been a long time since he has heard such an ovation which must feel good. It makes me understand why some wrestlers miss the smaller showers or just prefer them, especially in NXT. He never got the run he deserved in NXT due to being called up to the main roster too soon. But it seems that Smackdown at the moment are trying to finally push Crews in some way? They always start and stop with him. KUSHIDA continues to kill in NXT and it was good to be able to see Crews run free in the ring, probably the most fun i've had from a match wit him involved in a while.