BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff Discussion

This awesome Takeover Cardiff poster made by the WWE

Announced Matches

WWE United Kingdom Championship Match
WALTER (c) vs. Tyler Bate 

NXT UK Women’s Championship Match
Toni Storm (c) vs. Kay Lee Ray  

Last Man Standing Match
Dave Mastiff vs. Joe Coffey  

NXT UK Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match
Zack Gibson & James Drake (c) vs. Mark Coffey & Wolfgang vs. Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews

“If you want a champion that will do things for the company, do media appearances, and be a role model, then go find someone who can actually beat me.” - WALTER
What an amazing line from an amazing preview video for the main event at Cardiff. It shows that above anything else that WWE can hype you up for anything during these packages. If there was a 10 minute video like this on weekly TV, I’d love it. I get why they can’t. It’s long, it takes a bit to film and edit. It’s a live crowd, they may not want to watch the screen for 10 minutes, but this is honestly something I could show to a non-fan.

I only got to see the WALTER vs Bate match and my god it was awesome. They went about 40 minutes and made it interesting and engaging the whole time which was really good to see. WALTER as champion is amazing, he's got that presence which separates him from most people and his ring work is at a really high standard. He's now defeated Bate and Dunne I guess Seven might be next for a big TakeOver match 

I can easily say that TakeOver Cardiff had less than ideal buzz surrounding it going in to the event and with NJPW holding an event and AEW All Out happening a little later on in the same day it was always going to be a factor. Seen as the third show.
This was definitely a needed show for NXT UK as far as wide perception is concerned. The show has its weekly viewers but to those who tuned in for the Takeover only hopefully this convinced them that the UK brand of NXT is its own animal.  This was a show that did it's job defining the UK Division so clearly.
The atmosphere is obviously very different as well given the location with the fans being far more involved in the show but they're energetic at the same time. Maybe a few people were looking at their phones in the front row during a match, and they put those phones away quickly.  
 The match i was most looking forward to was WALTER vs Tyler Bate. I knew this was going to be a blast based off the talent involved, but I had no clue it would end up being an instant classic like it did. I'm still replaying the distraught face of WALTER when Tyler Bate was able to get out still at the end of the match. At over 40 minutes this is an endurance test on paper but honestly the time flew by. It reminded me of Gargano vs Cole from Takerover: Toronto where you didn't feel the time.  They told an outstanding story with WALTER brutalising Bate and Bate battling back like the brilliant babyface he is. 

Going into it I figured Bate wasn't winning but they made me believe  that he could with every  near fall. My only nitpick of it was that WALTER winning on a clothesline was slightly anticlimactic. It does feel very old school though where moves like that hit from a man of his size could end a match.  The crowd giving British Strong Style a standing ovation to close the show felt like a farewell for them in a way which makes me wonder what is next. Maybe all of them move to regular NXT or to the main roster? There has been talk about them wanting some focus on young wrestlers for the audience with Ricochet and Ali getting some spotlight. Tyler Bate is a ready package.