WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Bart

DC or Marvel: Which do you prefer?

So before I get started, yes I know this has been a topic before but that one has been archived meaning that the newer users havent had a chance to share their opinions yet. 

The two main superhero universes are often the spark of a debate. Which of the 2 do you prefer and why?

Well this is a really tough one for me because both of these universes hold a special place for me. When I was a little kid I was absolutely obsessed with both Batman and Spiderman and I could never rank the two making it so hard to choose between them. As I have gotten older and expanded my knowledge on both sides I have to say my loyalties lay with DC. Marvel make much better movies and have a better cinematic presence but I just feel like DC will always have that special place for me

This is always such a hard question because you're left asking what part of each individual company? Their Movies, TV Shows or of course their main fame in Comics. You could argue that one company might do one better than the other but it's always a roller coaster. There is a book called "Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle between Marvel and DC" by Reed Tucker that goes into detail the process of those two butting heads over their existence.

Now for what i would choose if i had to combine everything the company have presented to me? I read somewhere once "Marvel comics are about people trying to be superheroes, while DC comics is about superheroes trying to be people." 
You could make the argument that th Marvel characters are more vulnerable, overcoming major flaws to do great things, giving everyday people hope that they too could reach their potential and in turn are more driven by personal conflict.  I've heard the opinion that Marvel comics are much more accessible as well to new readers or even returning readers with their series.

DC on the other hand have possibly a more fleshed out world. Most major heroes have their own, distinct corner of the universe, instead being almost pilled into a select city like New York ect. Another point for DC is how well they usually handle legacy heroes where Golden Age superheroes have sustained relevancy through the company actively using them in crossovers, their own lines ect. I feel like their is  deep history within DC when i read. DC also have taken their risks with Vertigo, and good and unconventional series like Kingdom Come, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, the Red Son, and so on.  
I don't think i could ever claim one is better than the other at this business, they almost balance each other out. But gun to my head if i could only enjoy one from now on i think i'd pick Marvel because right now that is what i'm enjoying on the page and on the screen.

For me personally I have to go with Marvel just because there’s more characters that I enjoy than in DC, such as Spider-Man, Venom, Iron Man, Thor, Ghost Rider, and so on while on DC it’s mostly Batman that I care for but I do also enjoy Green Lantern as well 

its difficult for me because in terms of everything animated dc wins and dc probably also wins with tv shows but then Marvel wins in terms of Movies however Most of my favourite superheros are from DC and i prefer DC in comics so I have to give them the edge

I'd say Marvel. To me the TV that Marvel puts on is better. From Jessica Jones type of stuff all the way to Runaways which is by far my favorite Marvel TV show. 

Marvel also wins in Movies obviously, no explanation needed.

The only thing I'd say DC wins on is Animated shows because I grew on things like Teens Titans and Justice League. 

For me, there is a few different categories. Cinematic Universe, TV Shows, Characters and Solo Movies. These two companies will ALWAYS be at war, and in whole. I would say Marvel is my favorite just because of what I have grown up with, I never read to many comic books so I will not be taking in regard of that. I mean, no doubt when it comes to Cinematic UniverseThe MCU is my favorite set of movies ever, 22 films. No "Bad" films imo, and it has been so so good. Its characters worth getting into, story archs are good, and I think Thanos is the 2nd best villain I have seen, we will get to that later, but it takes one look at the DCEU to realize that MCU has dominated this, and Marvel takes the cake on this one. As for TV shows The Flash, Arrow, etc. Some of the best shows I've ever seen, I think the only thing that tops it is Daredevil which is Marvel, but overall I think the DC shows are a lot better than the Marvel shows, although it is very close. I love the villains from "The Flash" and from DC as a whole which brings me to my next point which is that, DCs characters are better. I mean think about it, Batman. Scarecrow. The Flash. The Joker. the list goes on, Cyborg. I mean DC has some great characters, while Marvel does have the entire X-Men, and ofc The Avengers. I think DC has cooler characters, but it is close as Marvel has some sweet characters in the likes of Deadpool, Logan, etc. Which are some of the better superhero movies. 

In conclusion, its very close, I like both a lot for different reasons. But overall? I think Marvel takes the cake here.

This is a bit of a complicated question to answer simply.   First off it depends on the shows.  The cinematic universe, Marvel is superior, but TV wise DC is far better imo.  For internet original series though Marvel imo is better.  Overall though, I watch marvel more so I guess I like Marvel more?