BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Sheridan

Begging For Votes

With the King of the Ring event having passed, the moderation team feels this is a good opportunity to specify and alter the rules and punishments of "begging" for votes.

Some of the votings for the King of the Ring event were dishonest and dodgy in the opinion of the moderation team. While everybody who is a member of the BrendenPlayz forums has a right to vote regardless of how active they may be on the forums, participants earning votes through pressuring others and asking people to switch is something that cannot be tolerated. People have the right to an opinion, meaning they can switch their opinions on who did the better kayfabe work or who contributed more, no matter how little time to vote is left. But as a community these votes should be based on the aforementioned qualities, and not because the participants "begged" or offered to vote for you at a later date in return for your vote.

Going forward the moderation team will be warning people if we find them to be a first time offender of influencing voting. If they are found to be violating the voting system after their warning they'll be suspended from voting for a month, if they're a champion they could also be at risk of being stripped of their championship. We strongly urge all members to come to the mods with information if you see people begging for votes, the point of kayfabe is defeated if people win in deceitful ways and that takes away the appeal of the forums to newer members and the overall fun that kayfabe can be.

Yeah this is probably aimed at me. What I am about to say now probably isn't needed but I just want to clear up my reasoning. This title match was my first big title match, it was close the entire time and I panicked. Looking back at it I really don't know why I did it and I am not going to make up a bullshit excuse. I did it and that is the only thing that matters. I have apologised to Sameer, and I wanna apologise to all of you guys. I can 100% promise this will not happen from me again. If you see me in a different light now then I guess I can't change that, I just hope to regain everyones trust again, which will probably take a long time. 

3 minutes ago, Keirso said:

What happens if the person is caught are they stripped of their title? (assuming it’s a title match and they won)

Good question. If it is their first offence they'll be warned but if it is their second offence, it'll go as followed.

If they win a title and were found to have influenced the voting and it is their second offence, the voting will be invalidated and the championship will remain with the person they were in the voting with, or if it is a multi-man voting the championship will be rewarded to the person who had the most votes aside from them.

If they are the defending champion and are found to have influenced the voting, then the title will be vacated and a championship bout will be made at the soonest time possible.

I feel like we need to establish what "Begging" is according to the mod team, if you're going to make a rule that can consist of warnings and even be stripped of a title, it needs to be clear and established before hand. Ofc you can say "Influence" the votes, but I don't think we need people to be scared to even message there friends about votings, matches, etc. that could get them in trouble. I am not saying we shouldn't crackdown on it, I'm just saying we should have established boundaries.

Personally, I don't agree with stripping somebody of their title if they are deemed to have "influenced" a voting, not only is this incredibly vague and prone to abuse as a result, but it also gives the chance of somebody's whole month being wasted and their prize at the end of it being taken away because they said in a dm, "Hey im in this voting" *wink wink nudge nudge* 

Begging is most likely going to be a part of this forever, it always has been and it probably always will with the current format that we use to decide on votings as a vote in itself is basically asking to be manipulated, whether its somebody who wasn't active coming in and voting on name value or somebody voting for their friend, or tag partner only because it is a friend or a tag partner. Most of us have probably done this and to act like this isn't happening would be you lying to yourself. 

We are always going to have the good old dm's between people asking them to vote, sure you can hand out these types of punishment for it, but it most likely will do nothing, with people just not snitching or just cause some weird tension around voting times where people are scared of their messages being taken out of context and getting them punished as a result. 

Tbh, not sure why this is going as far as it is.  Seems I am not the only one who thinks like this either.  People have begged for votes since I got to forums. Kayfabe in its nature is basically just begging in a different way if you really get down to it.  You are trying to influence others to vote for you in almost the same way as begging.  Posting around the forums going through the grind.  You are trying to convince others that you are active.

As someone who has been on the other side of polls where people have begged to win to and I get left there, I can see how it can be a bit of a put off, but at the same time it is the pure nature of the polls.  Everyone is trying to win their own polls in their own ways is what makes the polls and the ppv months so fun.  You take that  away and you lose just that bit of freedom.

I do agree yes sometimes it goes too far but to punish someone for this, there is no need and I don't agree with it. And I'd fight against something like this being implemented, should someone get punished because they 'begged' Im not the only one who feels this purely unneeded.  Before a mod says, 'the mod team came to this decision together' there are a quite a few people against punishing people for this and few of them are former mods themselves.

There is my opinions on this.

This isn’t a big issue and should rarely be enforced because if your begging for a vote the person that is being asked has a choice in choosing who they want and like. So if a person says yes, thats there vote we can’t change that and if the person begging gives the person something in return for voting than there should be a small punishment for each of the offenders. Its a staple of the forums and most likely will never not be, like @Blade said everyone is trying win their own poll in their own ways it is what makes the polls and the PPV months so fun. Thats how I feel on the situation you might not agree with it but I hope you can at least respect it.