WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

National Wrestling Alliance Official Discussion

Image result for NWA TV Show
Billy Corgan Announces New Weekly NWA TV Show

The National Wrestling Alliance is returning to TV.

As seen above, NWA President and Owner Billy Corgan released a video today to announce that the promotion will begin producing a weekly wrestling TV series soon from Atlanta, Georgia. The first set of tapings will take place on Monday, September 30 and Tuesday, October 1.

There's no word yet on the location of the tapings or where the series will air, but it looks to be a studio series that will see episodes taped and then released periodically, as they do with WWENXT and Impact Wrestling, among other promotions.

"It's one thing to say you're rebooting the NWA, it's another thing to run matches on someone else's stage. We're very grateful to those people that shared their stage with us, most recently Ring of Honor, which was an incredible opportunity. But now it's our time to step forward, and it's time to bring the NWA back into the spotlight, and run on its own oxygen. So, we're very excited to announce that in October, in Atlanta, we'll be doing our own television again," Corgan said.

Corgan went on about how the unpredictability of studio wrestling series from the 1970s and 1980s stood out to him as a kid. "It had a real feeling of chaos and anarchy, and I think that really sold to me as a fan, that there was an element of danger, and there was an element of 'anything can happen,' and I really want to bring that back to professional wrestling. I think the NWA is the perfect vehicle to do that," Corgan said.

The Smashing Pumpkins frontman took ownership of the legendary pro wrestling promotion back in October 2017. The current NWA World Heavyweight Champion is Nick Aldis and the current NWA World Women's Champion is Allysin Kay. James Storm holds the NWA National Heavyweight Title, while PCO and Brody King of Villain Enterprises are the current NWA World Tag Team Champions.

NWA announces studio show location and start date

The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) announced a few weeks ago that they would be producing their own series out of Atlanta, Georgia starting on September 30th and October 1st. NWA President Billy Corgan made the announcement here

The tradition of the National Wrestling Alliance and studio wrestling goes back to Georgia Championship Wrestling with Gordon Solie and the World Championship Wrestling program hosted by Tony Schiavone. It featured stars like Harley Race, Ric Flair, Austin Idol, The Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes and more legends of the National Wrestling Alliance. Today’s announcement sheds more light on the location and ticketing info.

Today’s announcement reveals that Georgia Public Broadcasting and GPB Studios will be the home of the National Wrestling Alliance series. Also revealed today was that tickets for this event will go on sale on Tuesday, September 3rd for this event. A limited number of VIP passes will be sold to guarantee your entry to the event which also includes special merchandise and meet and greets as part of your ticket. A general admission ticket will also be available as well.

Tim Storm is far from the most impressive wrestler but there is something about him that is super compelling. It is easy to rally behind him even now against Aldis. The 10 Pounds of Gold shorts they did about him when he was the champion were really good and i know they hooked a lot of people into learning about NWA through them and getting excited for the revival. 

Nick Aldis has done the championship justice, taking it to different promotions over the world. All In, ROH ect. But Tim Storm was the heart. Maybe since they'll have the studio show now they won't make the champion tour so much and Tim Storm can hold it for a bit again, I think one of the reasons they put it on Aldis quickly is that he can tour. It will be interesting to see how this goes but i'm looking forward to it.
...Also the proch scene from Aldis was unintentionally hilarious.

I am pulling so hard for Tim Storm. When the NWA started this series with Tim Storm I was instantly drawn to him because he had such an interesting story to me (plus he's from here lol). I think Aldis and Storm have had a great rivalry but I want Storm to get one last run with the ten pounds of gold. I would be heartbroken if I knew he was never gonna get another. As his final match though it may be the best way to go out, plus they probably want a strong champion in the beginning.

I'm still really nervous about the whole tv thing because I know that we're getting closer to their tapings but I think NWA may have a hard time with the scene how it is now. I will definitely check it out whenever it airs because I really think that the presentation of it being a pure sport in and old school style will be great because as much as AEW or Smackdown may think they are gonna be good in a sports style presentation, I don't think they could do it as well as NWA. 

aaw_profile_pic_eddiekingston-696x464.pn

Eddie Kingston is coming to the NWA.

On the latest episode of Ten Pounds of Gold, it was announced that Eddie Kingston will be appearing at the NWA television tapings in Atlanta on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. During his reveal promo, Kingston hinted that he won't be coming alone and that he will be aiming NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis, NWA National Champion James Storm, and NWA Tag Team Champions Thomas Latimer and Royce Isaacs.

NWA will tape two nights of their new studio show on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 from GPB Studio in Atlanta. It has not been announced when or where the show will air.

Nick Aldis will defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against Tim Storm at the Sept. 30 tapings.

Source: Fightful.com

Personally, I'm a fan of Kingston. I think he's a great Promo and he's had some very good matches lately. I cannot wait to see how he does in the NWA and I hope it is a long term deal. 

Eddie Kingston is a big surprise for the company but really this is a company and setting he can thrive in. He has been doing a lot of great in EVOLVE since returning to the company but since that company is under the WWE umbrella we can be honest with ourselves and know that Eddie wasn't going to be a WWE/NXT top prospect. In NWA he has found a potential home if he lasts longer than just the first settings.
I'm excited to see how the final show looks. I hope they really stick with the ad-libbing and freedom they talked about. Eli Drake can handle it and I'd like to see a lot of other people step up, especially local talent or smaller people I don't know about. I enjoy seeing local/regional talent on Impact, so I hope they can let smaller stars sink or swim.
I also hope Jim Cornette continues to be the historian for the company.

EFt0knDWwAAV15N.jpg

The National Wreslting Alliance is proud to announce…

NWA POWER is coming to you worldwide every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET starting on October 8th.

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

http://www.facebook.com/NWA

http://www.youtube.com/NWA

And if you can’t watch the live premiere, the show will be available on-demand via those platform plus they will be made available on Fite.TV every Saturday Night.

Also announced today the National Wrestling Alliance returns to Atlanta on December 14tth with a live PPV event.

http://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.com

EFuIKoPWoAAF17l?format=jpg&name=large

As seen during the NWA press conference in Atlanta on Monday morning, the promotion has unveiled the new NWA Women’s World Championship.

As you can see below, the belt has an old school look to it with the champions face (Allysin Kay, in this case) in the center of it.

The design of the belt was inspired by the classic NWA Women’s Title that was held by Mildred Burke.

Source: Wrestlingnews.co

Very Interesting choice for the new design although I do have to admit i like it a lot more than I liked the one they had at the Crockett Cup.

As for the name of NWA Power I think it's a pretty solid name and the promotion itself appears to have several great names attached to it currently. The utilisation of streaming platforms is smarter than using a TV Network in my opinion since you are guaranteed to get viewers worldwide rather than just in the US which will be great for the promotion going forward. 

The first episode of NWA Powerrr (Yes it actually does have 3 r's i don't know why) was very interesting. The Product is quite different to most of the other current day product from other wrestling companies. For example the absence of theme music going back to the old style NWA TV programs was a nice touch although the atmosphere in some cases did feel like it was lacking something. My favourite match from the show was Eli Drake VS Caleb Konley with the two men showing off a good amount of different manoeuvres and kind of showing off the future element of this historical blend. The Main event was quite good but it is interesting to see that they appear to be phasing out the older talent in some cases. I was very happy to see Eddie Kingston and Homicide show up so that was a plus. The pushing of some new talent in the Dawsons is quite cool to see that NWA isn't just relying on established Indy Stars. I feel like this could be a very good product going forward for the NWA and I think they'll be doing pretty well to say the least. 

The Full Show if Interested

Finally got around to watching this show and to be honest nothing about it really caught my attention but it did enough to make me tune in next week. I do like the 80's vibe that they're going for and I think all the build they did within the episode to hype up the Storm vs Aldis match was great. The matches itself weren't anything amazing but I think that's the style they're going for so it'll probably take me a couple of episodes to get used to it. The promo work however is really great, you had bangers from Aldis, Eli Drake and Eddie Kingston all on this show and for those alone I'd tune in next week. The James Storm and Josephus stuff was little weird but I guess it put over Storm as this badass babyface who will fight anyone. Great to see more wrestling especially filling the hole that Smackdown left on Tuesday nights, now we have AEW Dark and NWA Powerrr should be great 

Very interesting episode this week, the tag team partnership of Anderson and Cabana is interesting and it also raises questions of Cabana's contract status with ROH. The build of Aldis' heel turn but it's curious to see who will beat him for the Ten Pounds of Gold considering where he is currently in the NWA as the top star and there isn't really anybody who I see being in line to beat him just yet. As for the Women's division its still very hit or miss for me, I love Allysin Kay as champion but she has a similar problem to Aldis with no clear challengers or anyone really credible enough to beat her in the NWA as of yet but that may change. As for the Tag division this appears to be NWA's strongest point currently maybe on Par with the National Championship division with Kingston/Homicide, the Wild Cards and The Dawsons impressing me so far. I'm overall still on board with the NWA and am curious to see where they're going with their promotion. 

Powerrr is a fantastic hour of wrestling. I really appreciate the old school approach and I love the mix of young and older talent that is on the roster. Really liked seeing Mr. Anderson and Aron Stevens back wrestling on a bigger stage. Nick Aldis is doing a great job as the top star. James Storm I think made a good choice to be a top guy here rather than a lower card guy in the WWE. I've decided to go out of my way to watch this every week. I think every fan should be checking this out.

The NWA is headed back to PPV for the first time since April. During this week’s episode of NWA Powerrr, the company announced that they will hold Into the Fire on December 14th from Atlanta, Georgia.

This is the company’s first PPV since the Crockett Cup back on April 27th. No matches have yet been announced. Tickets go on sale Friday.

411mania.com

I love the feel of this show, the feel of the "old style" of wrestling is cool to see, although I have zero experience of seeing that stuff. The pre-match and post-match interviews are something to look forward to, and they really do capture the feel of those interviews. I love seeing the mis-matched styles, and the old vs new matches they have. Seeing some of the guys I grew up watching, such as Trevor Murdoch, and Mr. Kennedy wrestling again on a big stage were sick. I can see this company being good, and doing some good, this si the first I've heard of it and started watching it so I don't know much. But its interesting to learn

NWA Powerrr's second show absolutely blew me away. The hour flew by and it was such an enjoyable show to watch. Seeing guys like Sandow, Kennedy, Cabana on NWA and being given a spotlight is amazing and that cameo by Trevor Murdoch actually popped me which I would never have expected to have. As FD brought up Aldis and Kay look like they really are untouchable at the moment and it will be interesting to see who steps up to face them. Another really strong episode of Powerrr looking forward to tuning in next week