BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Eric Shun

Songs With Sentimental Value

Every song has its main meaning that the artist has embedded in their song. But when a song is good it normally picks up a second or potentially third meaning. Occasionally these songs pick up a more sentimental meaning from fans. Do you have any songs with sentimental value? For me there are three. I grew up idolising my granddad who was inches away from having a playing football career with West Ham, so one song that holds sentimental value to me is "Forever Blowing Bubbles". Me myself I support Liverpool, and "You'll Never Walk Alone" has a special place in my heart. My third is another that reminds me of my granddad. "See You Again" by Charlie Puth.

This song really makes my life. “I miss the days being on fire”. About last year my life was amazing, couldn’t complain about anything. But then the new year took a wild turn. I found myself in a downward spiral, depressed not being about to get in bed. I found this song in this time. It got me up, to do things, to live me life again. And right now I am back to that place where I’m back in fire. And can’t complain about anything. 

I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers has a lot of value to me. One of my earliest childhood memories is being in my grandparents house with that song playing and since they live in another country I don’t see them much, so whenever I hear that song I think of that moment and my grandparents.

Headstrong by Trapt is very personal for me as it was my cousin’s favorite song before he drowned so I downloaded it on my phone in honor of his memory but it’s often very hard for me to listen to not because I don’t enjoy which which I do enjoy it btw but because it often reminds me of my cousin and makes me very sad resulting in having to skip it as it makes me miss him greatly.

Angels & Airwaves - Everything's Magic

It's funny how these stupid songs can hit such a cord with us just because of life experiences. I wouldn't even call this a good song outside of a catchy radio single but this song is like a time machine for me. It evokes serious nostalgia and emotions connected to that period of my life. For such a song that was intended to be played as a summer hit it has the opposite effect on me. This might seem the opposite of sentimental but i see it as a period of growth which in itself is important for any of us. I've only ever listened to this song and The Adventure from this band so i'm not sure if any more of their catalogue is worth looking into.