BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Monday Night RAW Discussion: August 19 2019

image.png

The illustrious King of the Ring tournament returns on Monday Night Raw? Who will advance in the opening round of what is sure to be an action-packed tourney? Also on Raw, AJ Styles defends the United States Championship against Braun Strowman!

• 2019 King of the Ring Tournament bracket 
  • Braun Strowman to face AJ Styles for the United States Title on RAW
  • Sasha Banks' brutal return sparks questions 
  • Cedric Alexander squares off with Sami Zayn as the King of the Ring kicks off
  • Cesaro and Samoa Joe to throw down with their eyes on the throne 
  • Walking with (and running after) Elias 

I’m really excited for tonight, with round one starting of the King of The Ring tournament. I’m excited to see how they follow up with Sasha return and brutal attack on Becky. I think AJ will retain by disqualification and go on to Clash of Champions to face Braun. Tonight should be great.

A pretty strong RAW once again and it's good to see the show get some consistency going, something it has lacked in a while. Honestly shocked that Braun and Seth won the tag-belts although I think it will only be a momentary alliance with the OC picking them back up shortly. The King of the Ring matches were good, especially Joe and Cesaro who put on a great contest while Alexander and Zayn sort of disappointed for me as they weren't given enough time which is not fortunate. Other than that the Fiend was once again brilliant, I'm loving this sub-story where the Fiend is attacking legends an interesting thread to his character which is yet to be explained. Good show, excited to see more of RAW next week 

A good RAW for this week, it was weird that Braun and Seth are now the Tag Team Champions, but this could be more interesting. The Fiend is back and still attacking Legends which is still good, The Fiend has been booked well and I'm excited for more. Joe and Cesaro was of course a good match to watch, hopefully there will be more. Alexander and Zayn was decent enough for the match it had. 

Image result for wwe raw

This was a solid RAW once again. For the past couple weeks WWE has been good with both RAW and Smackdown Live recently and after the huge slump they were in recently, its good to see. The night starting off with a match was nice to see as we don't get that much and its a nice differ from what we usually get. I actually enjoy how Dolph is being used right now, which is probably unpopular but I love the complaining gimmick. Its an easy way for some heel heat, and the Roman story is interesting as well. Seeing Jerry Lawyer was cool, and seeing The Fiend again was simply awesome. I love the way he is being used, not every week, but when he shows up, he SHOWS up. Excited to see where he feuds as well, The Miz and Ricochet are a great tag team. Thats what I learned from there tag match, and it was confusing to see the tag match because I thought it was a KOTR match lmao. I mean it was pretty obvious Braun/Styles wasn't going to last, and the OC was an interesting touch. I do not know why the Universal champion is worried about the US champion, but its whatever, the US title is getting attention so. Seeing Cesaro go out so early wasn't ideal, but no better man to do it then Samoa Joe. Who I think has a real shot at winning it all, still do not know if he is face or heel but both KOTR matches were well done. Rey Mysterios storyline is interesting, its a bit drama esq. the wildcard rule is still a thing which is pretty stupid. but I mean its not ruining the show like it use to. I'm just hoping once we get to a better brand split once Smackdown moves to FOX. Randy Orton and The Revival is an amazing stable, simple as that I love every bit of it. I feel like Cedric Alexander has the ability to cut a promo, and can be a future champion defiantly. I am glad he won, and i'm pumped for the rest of this tournament. Taking the titles off of the OC was, interesting. I'm not MAD, I see what they are doing, I just don't get it. It was a good match, and its nice to see Braun champ, even if it is just the tag titles. Overall, I give RAW a B. Was a solid show, wouldn't change much about it. And for the first time in a long time. I am expecting a good show next week.

RAW was...interesting. It was a great show, but there were a couple of questionable booking decisions. Starting with Reigns (I swear he's on Smackdown) and Ziggler, I think that all things considered, it was pretty good. It built on Dolph's gimmick while giving Roman some momentum, so overall it was a positive. I liked the Fiend segment this week, it was good to see Lawler not being a complete fool by just standing around. And the Fiend still got his attack in so we're good. There was a whole lot of Lynch/Banks/Natalya going around on the show, and I actually really enjoyed it. The interviews were all quite good and Banks' attack on Natalya was done well too. The KOTR tag team match was expected, and I think the right team won there, not much else to say. As for the KOTR matches that did happen this week, sure they were both pretty solid but I was dissapointed by the victors. Sure, I'm okay with Joe winning but Cesaro really needed that win. As for Cedric beating Sami, there's almost no words. It's unbelievable how underutilized Zayn is and I think his chances of getting a push are dwindling even more. 24/7 stuff was good/funny as usual, and it was refreshing to see Elias get away with the title for once. Mysterio's little story right now is very interesting and I hope it'll lead to his son's debut and hopefully not his retirement. New Day vs Revival, aren't they both on Smackdown? Or at least the New Day are, I really don't know. And that leaves the main event/US title match. What the fuck happened here? Styles losing via DQ in his match against Strowman was inevitable and I was okay with the finish, but the tag title match was just bizarre. Gallows and Anderson should've won 100% and that's not even a question. If this Rollins/Strowman pairing doesn't lead to a heel turn we're gonna have some problems. I know I said it was a good show, but this random title win really ruined nearly the entire thing for me.