WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Hans

WWE October 2019 Draft Discussion

EAueACSWkAAXA2b?format=jpg&name=large

WWE implemented the ‘Wild Card Rule’ a few months ago where Superstars can appear on both RAW and Smackdown Live. Many fans have complained about this rule, saying that Superstars should remain on only one brand.

We have a rumor to pass your way about the future of the ‘Wild Card Rule’.

According to Tom Colohue of Sportskeeda, WWE will be “quietly wrapping up” the rule after Summerslam. Here are some quotes from sources in the article about the rule coming to an end:

“They’re quietly wrapping up the wild card rule. No big announcement or anything.”

“There’s a lot of people who want it to end. Companies, sponsors, management and talent. You don’t get another Lynch and Rousey moment without that Survivor Series format.”

Colohue also added that there has been no big announcement to the WWE locker room yet about the rule coming to an end. Only key roster members and members of the creative team have been filled in about the change.

- IW Nerd

I assumed it would be coming to an end with Eric Bischoff and Heyman taking prominent creative roles, something tells me they are firmly against it and that's great because adding in a hardened brand split again will make the shows more interesting again, as they'll have to build and rely on different people in the main event instead of the same eight people. Another good move.

I'll believe this when it actually is over.  The wild card rule only serves the 24/7 title well everything else is bad.  Yes we are getting some good matches but I don't want to see the same guys on each show.  I really want to see the brand split fully repaired and the wild card rule just gone.  But  as I said I will believe this rumor when it actually happens. Since I have doubts we will be seeing the end of it anytime soon.

Such a good thing that this rule is going. It has ruined feuds in the past and I can only imagine that it would have ruined feuds in the future a well. Interesting to see that this has come out days after Bischoff said he was going to his first creative meeting. So I can imagine that he had a strong role to play in getting this rule eradicated.

Going by what this report has states this is some good news. This wildcard rule was a failed experiment and getting rid of it sooner rather than later will help out everyone. I think with the new leadership changes on RAW and Smackdown a new Draft might need to occur because people have genuinely forgotten which brand a superstar is on or kill the brandsplit which I am totally against. This rule left a bad mark on WWE and it's going to take some work to remove its stench

This would be great. The wildcard rule has never been received well by fans to my knowlegde and it hasn't led to any memorable segment that really elevated the show. Instead it has led to frustration over the one constant in the WWE over the last few years, the Brand Split, being completely thrown away. 

They would also need to do this if they want do a RAW vs Smackdown themed 5 vs 5 at Surivor Series again. Otherwise, that would be even less interesting as it was last year, which is quite hard honestly. 

Regarding the WWE brand split being re-enforced, Dave Meltzer noted the following:

“I was told hard split after the first week [of October] because the first SmackDown show everyone will be on and then after that its supposed to be a hard split. Look, everything changes based on Vince [McMahon]’s whims.”

Thanks to RingsideNews.com for the quote.

Source - NoDQ.com

At the end of the day it's pretty much whatever Vince McMahon wants it to be. One minute he could want a strict brand split policy and the next he wants a wildcard rule, it really depends on how he wakes up some days. However, with SD and RAW being on different TV Networks it makes it a lot harder for superstars to cross brands because the TV Networks wouldn't want it. I love the brand split and it can be done really well lets just hope they can put some more effort into it 

– As previously reported, there were reportedly ideas of WWE putting together another draft for permanent Raw and Smackdown rosters that would likely happen in October with Smackdown moving to the FOX Network. According to a new report today from F4WOnline.com (and also POST Wrestling), that aforementioned, upcoming WWE roster draft is expected to happen in five weeks.

The Raw and Smackdown rosters have been less strict as of late due to the Wild Card Rule, and WWE is reportedly wanting to return to talent-exclusive rosters. The tentative dates for the two draft shows would be Smackdown in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday, October 11. Per the report, this is a way for WWE to attempt to retain the audience from the FOX premiere from one week before. 

The draft is expected to then continue on the following Monday (October 14) in Denver, Colorado. This fall draft is expected to work as a series of moves to “freshen up” Raw and Smackdown throughout next month. 

It will be interesting to see if WWE keeps to the strict separate rosters this time. In the latest brand split, brand-only pay-per-views were ultimately abandoned, and declining ratings incited the Wild Card Rule. There seems to be an ongoing issue with the brand split where WWE wants to have separate rosters. However, after a while, the brand split then erodes, and WWE starts to float around top stars on both shows to keep ratings up.

411mania

All i can say firstly is thank god. Sometimes depending on the week i can feel like i'm watching Raw part 2 on Smackdown during some of the segments which really hurts some of the stories for myself. The separation of the brands helps everything feel fresher week to week and feel is something they need to stick with longer despite pressure.
I like the word "draft" and not "shakeup". Makes me think , if done right, this could be great. if Fox wants a more sports focused show there is nothing better than starting with a draft and doing it up like the NFL draft does. They should have legit USA and FOX executives, or at least actors playing them on stage alongside Heyman & Bischoff and treat this like a real draft.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.  Definitely by far have to shake up the rosters and go back to a hard brand split. This is what's best. You have such a deep roster and with the new fox deal you should have a split and Smackdown should feel important.  No longer as a b show but on the same level as RAW. Drafts are always fun too

RAW:

WWE Universal Champion The Fiend (No way he goes to Smackdown when they wanna go in a sports like direction)

Raw Women's Champion Sasha Banks (By default she stays on this brand)

Raw Tag Team Champions Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler (Same reason as above)

Braun Strowman

Roman Reigns

SMACKDOWN

WWE Champion Randy Orton

Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley

Becky Lynch

Seth Rollins

AJ Styles