WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Toxik431

What if WWE got rid of Wrestlemania

So i’m Here to propose a question to you all and as the title suggests it’s what if WWE got rid of Wrestlemania and replaced it with a different and new ppv now first off obviously this won’t ever happen as Wrestlemania is far too big of a show for them and all of wrestling for them to just can it so all of this is purely hypothetical however say if for whatever reason it did happen how much impact do you think it would have on wrestling as a whole and even what do you think the new ppv would be called or what would you like the name to be 

Maybe we’d get to see more pyro at shows again because we barely get pyro at shows it’s annoying that we only get pyro for big paper per views and then what paper per view could replace WM? I’d have to go with money in the bank because we can’t put summerslam there because it’s in April but hey at least we get to see matches that we should see at WM.

You could never replace Wrestlemania like storm said it wouldn't be a smart move at all the get rid of it because it's such a big name that casual wrestling fans just pay to watch it because of value it has and how iconic it is. But I guess that would mean SummerSlam would be built as biggest pay per view for them afterwards. 

If WWE got rid of WrestleMania I feel like they’d lose a lot of money since it draws so much every year and keeps people engaged around that time. It’d make the royal rumble somewhat lose its touch since the goal is to win so you can headline Mania. It’d have a ripple effect and would put WWE on the decline in my opinion.

Are we saying that WWE wouldn't be able to attempt the same sized event with a different name? Even saying that i think the appeal is in the name Wrestlemania and if WWE decided to re-brand it as "Super Slamdown" or something insane like that it wouldn't draw as well. WWE doesn't tend to acknowledge the number of the event lately but the history of the event is in the appeal. I know of lapsed WWE fans who don't watch regularly who still make it a habitat of watching Wrestlemania together because it is that accessible.

Putting aside the effect on WWE that losing Wrestlemania would have we must think of the culture Wrestlemania has created around the event. Wrestlemania Week exists from the longevity and popularity of this mega event which benefits independent wrestling companies and the talent themselves greatly that time every year. Top stars getting multiple well paying bookings and being in the heart of a large gathering of fans is beneficial for them.

Getting rid of Wrestlemania would be like getting rid of the Superbowl in the NFL or the UEFA Champions League in football/soccer. Too iconic and with such a big impact you can never replace it.

Wrestlemania week in a way has become a sort of a Mega Wrestling Convention with many companies hosting shows during that week and around the area where the main show is.

(Watch AEW now say screw that next year and attempt to host a show opposite Wrestlemania, which would be dumb of them to do personally.)

Getting rid of Wrestlemania is the dumbest decision that WWE could ever do, not even Vince McMahon would ever be that stupid to do that such thing as it brings in millions of people, earns loads of revenue and overall, many moments have been made at WM and for it to go would be terrible.