WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
JoshsNow

Becoming Number One

Whilst “Manchesters Number One” Joshua Scott isn’t the most successful BPZ Star in terms of victories, he has been impressive when he won, winning the Intercontinental Championship, the Tag Team Championship, the United States Championship and the NXT Championship. However his story has been a long and winding path of slight disappointment as he became desperate to make his way to BPZ, working his way through the British independent scene until he finally achieved his dream. This is the story of JoshsNow

(If you’re interested in being part of the diary, sign up below)

Name:

Finishers:

Any other Background Information: 

Name: Birdman

Finisher: Bird Bomb (Frog splash)

Background information: Former crew worker on the British indie wrestling scene, given a chance to compete in a match as a replacement for an injured star. Since then, his newfound passion as a wrestler would take over, and he’s been wrestling as a plucky underdog babyface since.

Wrestler's Name: H.R Pufnstuf

Finisher
s: Tower of Fire (Jackknife powerbomb), Call to the Dragon (Standing Tazzmission)

Backstory: 
Man or Beast? This man prefers the term Mythical. A 7 foot tall friendly "dragon". People question if he is just a man in a costume but could a man have such a long tail? Pufnstuf has gained a cult following in the Philadelphia and New York areas respectively after one of his matches went viral against a man recently signed by a big company. This exposure has helped him gain more bookings as a wrestler while slowly letting go of his some of his part time jobs.

Pufnstuf has always drawn in motivations on the simpler things. What he wants..he will eventually get because it isn't just for him. The turtle will win the race against the hare. This outlook on life and his need to put food on the table has landed him in quite a handful of unique career situations such as a stint in MMA, leaning on his college athletics experience, hosting a short tenured children's television program and a mascot for several sports teams. 
He is loyal to his friends and family and has no problem going above and beyond for anyone who comes in contact with him that leaves a positive impression.  He exerts a continually cheerful demeanour, giving life advice to those who ask for it and tries to be supportive of the locker room. Some say he is honest and kind to a fault, but underneath this positive person people speak of manipulation.

Pufnstuf has lived enough to know that in any business, you have to dirty your hands at some point to reach the next level of success but fights to stay true to himself. He has no problems helping someone in trouble or sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. 
Despite his perplexing appearance and kind demeanour he is an ultra-aggressive and terrifyingly strong in-ring competitor. With hopeful enthusiasm and dreams packed alongside expectations of providing for his household, he aims to learn everything he can on his way of making this a career and becoming a company man.

Chapter 1: Frontier Wrestling Alliance - 2010

My career had seemed to hit a stop fairly quickly into it. All had started when my Uncle, now a good age of 31, expressed an interest in pursuing his dream of becoming a professional wrestler. He had spent his working life doing something he didn’t enjoy and now seeing he had realised his age and decided to train under the legendary Alex Shane, who had just opened his wrestling school. However Shane operated from London, so my Uncle has to move down South from the beautiful city of Manchester we had resided in before. With me not ready to go to university yet and with my Uncle Lee always trying to get me interested in pro wrestling, I decided to join him and take a gap year learning how to be a pro wrestler

I made that decision in May 2008. We were now in October 2010. I was in my second year at the London University of Economics studying finance. After I graduated from Shane’s course he had promised he would get me and my Uncle big gigs because he could see we had talent. However I had still not heard anything from him

It dawned on me today that I was sat in my Uncles flat, that I was 20, nearly 21 and had yet to really do anything in my life. I was turning down parties so I could go put on a costume and wrestle in high school gyms with my Uncle under the ridiculous names of Josh Diamond and Lee Diamond. Many times I had thought I would call it quits but when I tried to tell my Uncle, he would often explode with the news the local high school president had allowed us to use the big sports hall or something. It got harder and harder to tell him, but I wasn’t expecting what happened today when I tried

He burst into the room looking all excited. I put on an excited face, waiting for the news that we were performing at an even bigger high school or something 

Lee: Alex Shane called us

Ok, I wasn’t expecting that 

Josh: Really? After all this time

Lee: Yeh he knows a man named Jonathan Green who owns a business called Frontier Wrestling Alliance. You know who wrestled there?

Josh: Enlighten me

Lee: AJ Styles and CM Punk. We can join them and make it into the WWE too. And right now they are doing a storyline where American invaders keep attacking all of the best British talent and with a lot of them gone, they wanted young stars to fight off the Invaders in a big 2 night event

Josh: And it’s not in a high school gym?

Lee: No it’s at the ExCel Centre in London. But more good and bad news. Good news: we get paid £1000

Josh: It must be big bad news then

Lee: Yes, I have to wrestle 3 matches and you have to wrestle 4. 

Josh: What

Lee: You will see how it goes when we get there, just trust me

That much was going to be easier said than done 

October 30th

This was it, my first big wrestling event. On the first night of this show I was wrestling twice and tomorrow twice. I had spent the entire tube journey listening to my Uncle talk about how this would be the first step to WWE. I listened and listened and was delighted to see Alex Shane and Jonathan Green. Well not Shane realistically, but I didn’t have chance to speak to him, he took my Uncle aside as Green explained the premise of the show to me

He told me I would be facing “The Hero” Jack Gallagher in both our debuts, but after 15 minutes the match would end in a draw after my partner Lee Diamond and Jacks partner Raven interfered. Then the Diamonds would win in a tag match until we would be attacked by Iestyn Rees and Joel Redman. I had no idea why but that was what I was told. I met all 4 men before the match. I got talking to Raven especially, who told me about his remarkable story in the company, from crew worker who had to fill in to the plucky babyface he is today. At 18 he was a similar age to me, and we seemed to share similar ambitions

Now it was time for the match. Me and Lee came out, playing the heels, introduced as Josh and Alex Scott. I was guessing Mr Green didn’t like a Diamond as a ring name. Then Gallagher came out by himself as we locked up 

To say we stole the show would be an understatement. For 10 minutes, me and him delivered jaw dropping combos and had unbelievable chemistry. However me and Lee quickly established ourselves as heels, with him constantly interfering, until Raven came out and evened the scores, resulting in a massive brawl. As planned we had a tag match which ended with Lee winning with his wonderful submission move the Grounded Wrist Lock. As I raised Lees arm I saw Rees and Redman running to the ring, and then suddenly I was on the floor. I looked up and saw Lee towering above me, me unconscious after he hit me with that forearm smash. Suddenly the bell rang and I realised an impromptu match had been made, Rees and Redman against me and Lee, although Lee seemed to have sided with them. Things started clicking in my mind, Shane pulling Lee aside for a talk, Green not giving a reason for the Rees and Redman attack. It was so Lee could side with them. And as I was brutally beaten and pinned within the first minute, I learned one of the main rules of pro wrestling on my first big night - never trust anyone 

Name - Mirage 

age - 22 

Finishers - super model kick aka super kick, Unprettier 

mother backgrounds information - Started Wrestling at the age of 16 on the local Alabama indie scene where he quickly won over the crowd with his charisma and aerial ability at such an young age and in the years since has developed into decent technical and striking styles to add to his arsenal of moves and was voted the number 1 young wrestler in the southern US and is able to work as both a arrogant heel and an underdog face well.

Chapter 2 - Number One Contender

Well I get the impression Alex Shane doesn’t like me. After not only not phoning me for 2 years, he then organises my Uncle to turn on me in my FWA debut. And then he books himself to win the World title in the main event of the show against the Australian Julius Jones. Let’s just say I wasn’t in a congratulatory mood for him when I confronted him after the show. When I asked him what he was thinking his answer was short but effective

Shane: Lees the bigger star

Josh: So you didn’t want to tell me about it beforehand 

Shane: You’re deadweight Josh, I don’t really care about you, I just needed to put Lee over as a big heel

However before our confrontation could escalate, Lee and Jonathan appeared

Jonathan: Well it succeeded. Josh’s match with Gallagher has been retweeted on social media which has put him over. When Lee turned on him, it has sparked a lot of hate for Lee

Shane: Well good, because in a few months time, FWA are hosting the first Brit Wres Fest and we want a big main event for the first match. Lee Scott vs Alex Shane,  FWA World Championship

Jonathan: And it all starts tomorrow. Lee you’re going to face Josh and Gallagher in a Triple Threat Match to open the show and in the main event you’re going to beat Julius Jones in a NOC match. 

Shane: Now get some rest

And we were sent away to the hotel room for the night. Lee tried to apologise but I didn’t want to listen. I felt betrayed. I claimed I wasn’t feeling well and wanted to get back home. And that’s how I ended up getting a midnight tube home to Central London

October 31st 2010

I was hoping the second night of the show would go better than the first. Then again I had received a lot of praise on social media. I had never really got the social media fad, but suddenly the likes of Twitter and YouTube were starting to get attention. I wondered if they would pay off in the long term but decided against it. I spent my morning watching a giant dragon named H.R. Pufnstuf Wrestling on these social media platforms in a surprisingly good match

I made sure to ignore Shane, Lee and Rees and Redman when I walked in and walked over to Gallagher and Raven who I got talking more to. Raven seemed like an interesting character to say the least, and I liked his “Gentleman” gimmick. That being said, I also liked “The Hero” gimmick Gallagher was doing. I would like to fight Gallagher at some point in the near future but not in FWA

I had decided that after tonight I would not be working with Shane again. I would put the Bad Blood with my Uncle behind me and move on in life. The Gallagher match had convinced me to continue wrestling but I would find some other promotions. Then a towering figure made his way towards us and gave the biggest smile I have seen a guy give. It terrified me

He introduced himself as Julius Jones from Australia. All I could think to myself was, if Lee and Shane fought him in real fights there would only be one winner. He was similar to Raven, unlike me and Gallagher he had no interest of making it into the WWE. He wanted to work the independent scene.

He seemed friendly but the more and more he talked he terrified me. He once told us he had only gone off script once, and that was to punish a guy who had gone off script. All the hatred about going off script reminded me off.  one thing, when facing him, never go off script. Suddenly Jonathan Green was rushing me and Gallagher to the guerilla position to prepare for our match

THE MATCH

Me and Gallagher both got very good reactions when we came out mainly because it was a similar crowd to last night and thus they recognised us. My Uncle got a big reaction of boos, although that may have been aided by the fact he came out with Rees and Redman.

With my Uncles size advantage, me and Gallagher began to team up, eventually taking him down and hitting a Double Suicide Dive onto his trio. For the next 5 minutes me and Gallagher fought it out and delivered a mix of technical and high flying action. However Lee, Rees and Redman suddenly ran back in and began to beat us two down. Gallagher was thrown out of the ring and the beat down continued on me as the ref ejected Rees and Redman from ringside. Lee then began to lift me up and whispered to me as he did “Reverse into a Sunset Flip Powerbomb.” Confused I did as he lifted me up for a Powerbomb, I then flipped him over and covered him. The ref counted 1,2,3 and Lee powered out as the ref just finished his 3 count. 

The crowd cheered as I looked around in shock. Gallagher and the ref both looked surprised, and the crowd started to notice until my music began playing and I began to cheer like it was planned. I was rushed to the back where I suddenly realised I would be facing Julius in the main event

I wasn’t greeted by happy faces backstage. If I thought Shane’s was a picture of angriness, I worried hat Jonathan’s would be. But he came up to me and smiled

Jon: These things happen. As wrestling companies we adapt. Between me and you I think Josh vs Shane will be a bigger main event for a Brit Wres Fest

Josh: So I am going to face Julius and win tonight 

Shane: No

Jon: Yes. I am in charge here and yes. Go get ready, looks like Lady Luck has found you’re favour 

Shane: Or it could do with the fact that you shooted and caught Lee out with the Powerbomb

Shane shook his head before he and Jon walked away. I wanted to correct and inform them that Lee had leg me win but to be honest they didn’t want to hear that, and I thought best to not put my Uncles career in jeopardy. And to be honest, I wasn’t sure that was what had happened. So I stayed quiet and let Shane assume I hadn’t just cheated. However as I walked backstage it became clear it wasn’t just Shane who thought I had gone off script. I got a few dirty looks off the locker room but none as dirty as the one Julius gave me. It looked like he wanted to kill me and remembering his comments about people going off script earlier on in the night, I wondered who would be the real winner come the end of tonight’s 20 minute main event 

Chapter 3 - The Plan

And for the fifth time today my head was smashed against the mat. And we were only a minute in. Julius was just toying with me, with Alex Shane telling Jones he was free to do whatever he wanted. 1 down 19 minutes to go. I tried to reminisce about what happened earlier

Earlier in the night, I had caught up with my Uncle, who was in the changing rooms by himself and thanked him for his actions. And whilst he admitted to helping me win, he begged me not to tell anyone, as it could cost him his job. I agreed with him. Of course that was a move I now regret, as Julius Jones was destroying me in tonight’s main event.

Shane’s actions surprised me. It was clear he didn’t rate me as a wrestler but now this was over the top. But he was furious his new star wrestler had been beat and he was letting Jones get revenge. If Shane was truly a smart businessman though, he would let me actually match Jones and beat him so Shane had a more credible opponent  than when I roll up Jones after 20 minutes of punishment. Shane would look better if he beat the man who beat Julius Jones rather than beating, the man who fluked Julius Jones

Suddenly I was crawling back up to my feet, Blood in my mouth, as I saw Julius sprinting across the ring at me. As instinct I ducked, but then Julius ended up going into the referee. The ref fell to the floor and suddenly Julius looked confused as we had the ref unconscious which wasn’t planned. I took full advantage, punching Julius where it hurts causing him to fall down in a heap

The ref was getting back to his feet and suddenly I saw my chance to win early and stop this punishment. I hit my patented Sunset Flip Powerbomb but Julius kicked out at 1. I was furious that Jones had chosen to completely no sell my finisher. But I didn’t have much time to react but Julius was back on his feet and it was in that moment I knew I was about to die. 

Not only was Julius ready to finish me before the match, I had just low blowed him. Then suddenly I felt his sledgehammer fist hit me in my face and I collapsed back into the corner. I saw him walk to the other corner and suddenly sprint at me, to which I ducked down but in the process I also removed the turnbuckle pudding, causing Jones to run face first into metal

He screamed in agony as I followed up with a pin whilst I put my feet on the ropes. I think the ref noticed but by this point he knew the safest thing was to end the match. I covered with a slightly quick ref count but Julius still managed to get out at 2. I cursed to myself but I could tell this time Julius was hurt.

I suddenly had a flashback to when I used to play-wrestle with my Uncle when I was 6, and I used to always kick out of all his moves. When he got bored, he just put me in a Grounded Wrist Lock, a very painful move. I looked down at Julius and smiled. I was going to put him in the Grounded Wrist Lock

Shankly+Gates+1.gif

And I did just that, mounting him and locking it in but even I was surprised how quickly Jones tapped. I quickly made my way to the back, high fiving a few fans before heading backstage to face the wrath of Shane

And a wrath I faced. Not only had I apparently changed the result of the triple threat, I had just beaten Jones in 6 minutes. Shane was demanding to Green I be removed from the World title match at Brit Wres Fest, 4 months away. However Green kept him calm and I realised the amount of respect for this man. He must see something in me I realised, to stick up for me so much against his prize man. 

Eventually Shane agreed to remain calm, but he drafted up a contract and demanded I come back the next day to finalise it. I returned the next day and read the contract. I was going to bring my Uncle but whilst we both agreed we were now on good terms, we decided it wasn’t the best idea for people to see us together. After all everyone at FWA thought we hated each other and it should stay that way.

I read the contract and looked at the main terms and conditions. It was a 6 month contract that established I could only wrestle for FWA, who didn’t do a show for another 4 months. I also had to agree to pay a very high fine if anything like the past few days every happened again

Shane looked surprise when I signed the contract. Who wouldn’t want to wrestle for 4 months? It turns out I didn’t. I had to university to deal with and this turned out to be the perfect contract. I wished them both luck and told them I would see them in a February, ready for a World title match. Even if I didn’t win, I planned on stealing the whole show and then once the 6 months were over, I could move on to bigger and better things 

Chapter 4: Campione? 

February 21st 2011

It has been 4 months since I last stepped into the ring. Since then I received plenty of bookings after my viral match against Gallagher but informed them all I was under exclusive contract until FWA. I knew I was either increasing my demand or turning off promoters. I certainly hoped it was the former. 

However I had dedicated the last 4 months to studying in my second year of uni. I had moved out of my Uncles flat and moved in with my mates. They didn’t seem to understand the concept of professional wrestling but not many seem to do. The reason I moved out was partly because I had wanted a place of my own, and partly because things were still a bit awkward after FWA. There can be no alliances in this business

Lee was still only wrestling in FWA, the calls hadn’t really been coming in. He had been facing the likes of Jonny Storm and Nathan Cruz in epic  ladder matches but he was yet to win one. That had always been his speciality, ladder matches. 

I was saddened to learn FWA had released Gallagher and Raven. The only 2 allies I had gone. Neither had taken any major bookings since which was a shame. Shane also hadn’t wrestled since then but FWA had only held 1 show since the last time I wrestled which was only a minor show. Rees and Redman were still picking up victories over the Indy scene but they had now split from my Uncle. Finally Julius Jones was in a feud with British icon El Ligero.  

I prepared myself and hopped on the tube to London Bridge. Underneath the station was London’s largest nightclub Debut where it had sold out the 3,000 capacity for British Wrestling’s biggest show in 20 years. And I was main eventing

When I got there everyone looked surprisingly happy to see me. However when I made eye contact with Shane and Green I began to walk over to them. There was also a younger man with Jonathan, a younger man I didn’t recognise 

Jon: Hiya there Josh, oh I should introduce you, this is my son Gary.

Gary: Nice to meet you

Josh: Nice to meet you too Gary Green, nice to see you Jon, and Alex, hello

Shane: Hello Josh

Josh: So who’s winning tonight Jon?

Shane: I am. After all, I have got to win in my retirement match 

Josh: Pardon

Shane: Why do u think I was so annoyed you beat Lee. I wanted a big match as my final match but after re-watching your match against Gallagher I can see you’re Ok enough I guess. Don’t mess it up

I was Left in shock. Although I was losing I got to be in the final match for one of the greatest wrestlers in British history. And Shane had just delivered me a slight compliment I guess. I got ready before greeting my Uncle. It was good to catch up with him. I also made eye contact with Jones for a slight second but I could tell Julius was still an enemy

We watched the show open with an ecstatic opening contest before in the second match Rees and Redman won the FWA Tag Team Championships. Then Julius Jones lost to Ligero before my Uncle suffered defeat in an epic fatal 4 ways ladder match with the winner getting a title shot in the future. Then the cool down match occurred before I got myself ready for my main event match

The crowd was rocking as I was introduced as “The Number One” Joshua Scott, coming out to Seven Nations Army which worked perfectly in such a packed nightclub. Then came out “The Showstealer” Alex Shane. 3 years ago I could have never imagined this in my wildest dreams. And despite the mutual dislike between me and Shane I knew this was a dream for most wrestlers

We had an epic contest where we engaged in technical wrestling before I got into the match and turned into a brawl. It was the longest I had gone into a match and we had barely scratched the surface. I knew after Jones buried the move, I couldn’t use the Sunset Flip Powerbomb, so I wanted to try a new finisher. I lifted Shane up and mentioned I was going to hit a Spear and connected on it perfectly. 

However I suddenly saw Shane was struggling a bit and I realised if I pinned him now, he wouldn’t have the energy to escape the pinfall. Half of me wanted to pin him, to win the belt but I also wanted to do the right thing. I taunted Shane and then I lifted up Shane who hit me with the Face Up into The Stand Up. I sold the move perfectly knowing what was coming next, Shane’s dangerous finishing move The One Night Stand

But I tucked my neck in and landed well. I then heard the crowd chant around me as the refs hand hit the mat 3 times . Shane’s retirement ceremony began to proceed as he thanked everyone involved in pro wrestling in an emotional speech before laying his belt down in the ring

Shane then proceeded to help me to my feet before suddenly I was blindsided from behind. Shane fell to the floor too and as I looked at him and smiled at me before whispering into my ear

Shane: Sorry Josh but although I recognise you’re not a half bad wrestler, you messed with my plans back in October. I’m going to make the next 2 months of your life hell. Meet your newest enemy, the man who will put my promotion back on the map and in the process he’s going to have to bury you

I looked up at the man who attacked me and although I recognised the face I couldn’t quite put a name to it 

Josh: Who is he?

Shane: He is the 19 year old taking the Indy scene by storm. His name is Eli Smith 

Chapter 5: Eli Smith

February 21st 2011

Eli Smith. Eli Smith. That’s all I woke up to. Texts pinging galore about the new great superstar. I should’ve seen some sort of Shane trick coming but this came as a surprise. It felt like a long day at uni as all I could think about was last night

When I arrived at Debut for Night 2 of the show, I was met by a familiar face and one I was surprised to see.

Josh: Meko, what are you doing here? Where’s Jack?

I had learned FWA had released Meko and Jack so seeing Meko here came as a surprise. He was stood talking with Iestyn Rees who gave me a look before walking away. I was surprised not to see Joel Redman

However Meko told me Redman had gone to FCW with immediate effect and last night was his last match. He hadn’t told anyone, not even Rees. He was going under the name Oliver Grey or something

The good news was Shane had rehired Meko, needing a quick replacement, and that Meko was the man. He was going to be revealed as Rees new partner later in the show. 

Suddenly Jonathan Green called me over and announced my match for tonight. He said I would be teaming with the veteran Mikey, against Eli Smith and my Uncle. I got talking to Mikey who seemed like a nice guy.

He had beat my Uncle In The Ladder Match last night to earn a title shot. And with Smith attacking me, it made sense for a tag match to be booked.

Try as I might I couldn’t find Smith anywhere backstage. Apparently he had sent my Uncle an email with his plans for the match, so the three of us that were there crowded around the notes and read them

I began to warm up as Julius Jones squashed two local competitors in the opening match before it was time for my match

Last night I didn’t really get a glimpse of Eli Smith but when I saw the presence he bought with him, I could not believe how good this kid carried himself

And he impressed me even further in the ring. I was losing tonight, Alex Shane had made me aware I was taking the pin and I watched as it happened. My Uncle Big Booted Mikey, I Speared my Uncle and then Eli hit me with an 8th Sin for the ring

As devastated as I was to lose, it was the first time in a while I didn’t mind as much. I realised immediately that the man I stood in the ring with was going to be a world beater one day

I said my goodbyes to Meko before going outside to try meet Eli but again he vanished. I shrugged my shoulders and caught the tube back home

Chapter 6: A Fu**ing Dragon?

Saturday March 26th 2011

On the 1st May 2011 I would become a free agent. I promised myself that on the 30th April when my 6 month exclusivity contract with FWA ran out, I would not be re signing. FWA had a show going on next month in April 2011 and then I had my accounting and finance university exams in May. I planned on then heading back up North with the rest of my family and deciding whether Wrestling was right for me. 

However I got the luxury of going to see my family though as tonight’s FWA show, New Frontiers Day 1, was up in Birmingham. I caught the train to Manchester yesterday afternoon after I finished uni, stayed overnight and caught up with the family. My Mum also handed me an invite to go to my high school reunion in a few weeks time. I considered it, then placed the invite in my bag. 

With my family coming to watch me and Lee perform today, I phoned up Lee, who I hadn’t spoken to in a while. He was driving up to Birmingham today and then he would catch up with family tomorrow. It was good to catch up with him. I hung up as I arrived in the 16,000 seater NEC Arena. It amazed me a company with a relatively small size like FWA would afford to rent this place out, let alone need it, as they would not sell 16,000 tickets

I caught up with Jonathan, Gary and Alex who went through the plan for tonight. It would be a rematch of the last show, where me and Mikey faced Lee and Smith. And our match would be opening the show. I decided to relax and re watch Brit Wres Fest.

After my tag match, Meko made his return to FWA against Sha Samuels but lost by DQ after Iestyn Rees attacked Samuels. This set up a tag match between Rees and Meko against Samuels and Leroy Kincaide which the latter won, and then in a brilliant main event Jonny Storm beat Mark Haskins

February to March tends to be quiet months for Indy promotions, as most have big shows at the end of March, start of April around Mania season so there wasn’t really much to catch up on. I just planned our match, still yet to meet Eli Smith backstage. Me, Mikey and Lee came up with a good match and hoped the match worked.

Before I got ready to go on I bumped into Meko backstage. He and Rees were taking on Kincaide and Nick Riley after our match. We talked a bit before I got ready for my match

The Match

It was pretty much a repeat of the last match. I came out to a new theme song “Seven Nations Army” one which I quite liked. I also called my new move, a Spear that. I stepped in front of the 3,000 people absorbing the boos from the crowd

I used the Seven Nations Army to take out my cousin after he hit Mikey with a move he calls a “Great Scott.” Suddenly Eli hit me with an 8th Sin to beat me for the 3 count

Afterwards I went backstage and saw Alex Shane who had a big grin on his face as he called me towards him. I went over and saw him talking to someone behind a curtain. 

Shane: Well done tonight Josh. I’d just like you to meet the man who will be beating you at the next show, H.R. PufnStuf

The name rang a bell and when I saw the 7 foot dragon stood in front of me, I remembered where I had heard it before

A fucking dragon?

Season 1 Chapter 7: End of FWA

May 2011

Everyone in the UK wrestling business knew what was happening. Jonathan Green had left FWA. Alex Shane had taken charge and apparently the financial problems were becoming apparent

It was a shame to see really but I was glad my contract had run out. I sat in Costa, before reminiscing about my last few fights. 

The final 3 shows I did for FWA all took part in the same place; Thorpe Park. The first two nights was the same match, Lee beating me and Mikey in a Triple Threat Match.

Then on Night 3 I had the honour of wrestling in the same ring as HR Pufnstuf. Alex changed his mind, instead of jobbing to the dragon, I would Team with him. We took on Meko and Iestyn Rees but suffered defeat. I took my bags and left FWA forever

Suddenly I heard a car pulling up and I smiled as Raven stepped out of the car. He ordered his drink and sat with me

I asked him how things were going on in FWA. He talked me through the New Frontiers Show where he and Rees suffered defeat, Mikey had won a match and Pufnstuf had challenged for the World title but was unsuccessful 

Pufnstuf had also shocked all by announcing he was going to MMA. This shocked me. The kind dragon had turned into an ultra aggressive one in the ring but I still couldn’t imagine him being in MMA. It also worried me how realistic the dragon seemed

Raven had faced Pufnstuf in his final 2 FWA matches, beating him in singles and tag action, and shared my confusion at the dragon

I wasn’t the only superstar to leave FWA, Mikey had also left after suffering successive defeats to Julius Jones. Jones. Jones seemed to have his career back on track, becoming the first man to beat Eli Smith, after Smith had won a triple threat match to face him in a NOC match 

I also learned through Meko my Uncle was injured and hadn’t been able to wrestle. I made a mental note to catch up with him at some point but I doubted it would come to fruition 

However when Meko asked why I had invited him here, I showed him an email from Johnnie Brannigan, owner of Northern promotion Grand Pro Wrestling.

He had invited us both (he didn’t have Meko’s email hence the use of communication through me) to compete at their upcoming show, and to make things better Steve Keirn, chief recruiter for Florida Championship Wrestling, WWEs developmental program, was to be there because he wanted to watch me and Meko

A delighted Meko accepted and we left Starbucks, ready for a new chapter in my career to begin

End of Season 1