WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Hans

Wrestler of the Year: WWE Edition

It's gotta be Brock Lesnar. He had perhaps the best debut year in wrestling. He came in and dominated, won King Of The Ring, beat The Rock for the WWE Championship, and had amazing matches including the early stages of his rivalry with The Undertaker. Brock was unparalleled that year.

Image result for brock lesnar undisputed champion

Brock Lesnar easily. King Of The Ring, WWE Championship on a few occasions, was putting on great performances against Taker, Angle, Rock, and so many more. Even beat Hulk Hogan via referee stoppage, which a clean victory over Hulk Hogan is something that rarely happens, and he got it. The only thing that could of dropped his year down some was if he lost to Big Show clean at Survivor Series, but thankfully he lost to show via a turn by Heyman (which I still find stupid cause Brock needs someone to speak for him cause he was not good on the microphone at all).

Going to disagree with the majority and say Rock. In 2002 he beat Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, was the number one pick in the first draft, won a record 7th World title and beat Triple H and Brock in a Triple threat match in Australia. He had the best match of his career in that triple threat match at Vengeance with Angle and Taker and put on an incredible match with Jericho at Royal Rumble 2002. 

Everyone is saying Brock and it's hard to disagree with them. Obviously Brock's rise is one of the big stories of 2002 with him receiving a huge push with Heyman, going through King of the Ring and everything until reaching the WWE Championship against The Rock. I don't think we would see the absolute best of Brock until 2003.

You could make the argument that Kurt Angle could win back to back with his year in 2002. Kurt Angle had an great  year and I don't think there is much doubt that he was one the best performers of the year.  If you look at the best matches of the year Angle's name appears far more than anybody else but compared to Brock Lesnars accolades that year it's hard to compare. I think WWE were conscious that Angle was tearing it up but did very little to acknowledge it in terms of main event time. I'm going to go Brock Lesnar this time.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say Brock Lesnar again. He won the Royal Rumble and main evented WrestleMania in one of the best WrestleMania matches ever against Kurt Angle where he won the WWE Championship. Brock continued to put on great matches against many people including of course the man he feuded with for half a year, Kurt Angle. Brock was WWE Champion for the majority of the year as he quickly regained it after losing it back to Kurt Angle and would hold onto it till the next year.  Brock had an amazing run.

Image result for brock lesnar 2003 wwe champion

Yeah I have to agree with ICO on this one, while Triple H had a good year I felt like it failed to compare to his other years. As well as the other people listed I feel like Goldberg and Angles runs just didn't compare to Brock Lesnar who was still young and ready to go at that time. He was really ahead of his time and ICO put it perfectly, Brock had an amazing run. 

Would have to say Lesnar again for the second year in a row. That time period between 02-03 was basically the Lesnar show as he always the top guy for Smackdown and the entire company. Had many classics this year, especially with Angle, had some fantastic bouts. So my choice for 2003 would have to be Brock Lesnar. 

brock.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Im gonna go with Lesnar.  He was a "Beast" in both 2002 and 2003. He was very young, and only in his 2nd year was on top of the biggest company in the world, for the second year in a row aswell. That truly says a lot. Not many performers can say the same. I agree with BIC that Triple had a great year, and he made a great point, that it just wasnt as consistent as other years.