WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Greatest Sports Team Ever?

Greatest Sports Team Ever?

Who do you believe to be the greatest sports team ever? For me, it comes down to three choices: The 2018 Golden State Warriors, the 2014 New England Patriots, or the 1996 Chicago Bulls. Each of those teams won their championship (Warriors swept Cavs, Chicago beat Seattle in 6, and the Patriots defeated the Seahawks 24-20). For me, looking at each roster, I firmly believe it is the 2016 Patriots. That defense was killer with Revis and Browner, and then in the slot you had future All-Pro Malcolm Butler. Blount as a Running Back had his best season ever with 18 TD's, and while the receiving core wasn't amazing, it was solid with Amendola, Edelman, LaFell and Gronk as the primary targets. Not to mention the depth on defense, when they had Collins and Jones, and I believe this was the last season with Vince Wilfork, a Pats legend and that Super Bowl was very hard fought and that Seattle team was better than the 2018 Cavs or 1996 Sonics, so I give the nod to New England here.

Barcelona (2009)

Image result for barcelona 2009 squad

This Barcelona squad won the La Liga by 9 points with a record of 27-6-5 and a goal difference of +70, which saw them dominate their biggest rivals, Real Madrid, 6-2. Furthermore, they beat the also great Manchester United squad, that included the likes of Ronaldo, Neville, Giggs, Rooney, etc, in the finals of the Champions League in 2-0 victory. Even furthermore, they completed the treble by also winning the Copa del Rey, only losing 7 matches out of 48 in all three of the competitions.

The only bad thing about this season was Ronaldinho's departure but by looking at the squad, it's no surprise that they didn't need him to be successful with the line-up including the likes of Messi, Henry, Iniesta, Xavi, Eto'o, Puyol, Dani Alves, Yaya Toure, Pique and more.

95-96-bulls.jpg?fit=600,417&ssl=1

Although the Warriors have beaten the record the Bulls had of 72-10. The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead and lost to the Cavs in the playoffs. However the 1995-1996 Bulls didn't lose. They won the NBA Championship that year and swept through the eastern conference defeating Shaq and Penny Hardaway in 4 games like it was nothing and then going to 6 with the Supersonics who had the best record the league besides them.   

It's always hard to rank teams from different sports against each other so i'm just gonna say what I feel the best team is from the 3 sports I follow the most. 

Football (European) - Barcelona (2011): You it means something when Sir Alex Ferguson says this team wasn't the best he ever faced. While this team didn't win the treble like they did in 2009 I would say they were still better than that side. Messi was an overall better player this season getting 31 goals and 18 assists in the league and got 12 goals in the champions league which got him top goal scorer in the comp. In terms of the other players this team still had the best midfield duo of all time in iniesta and Xavi and Puyol to lead the defence along side Dani Alves and Young Pique among others. David Villa, Samuel Etto and Messi were up front from this team that still had Pep as manager as this team won the Champions League and the La Liga in terms of major trophies. In the 2010 Ballon D'or the top 3 players for the award all played for Barca as well.

Basketball - GoldenState Warriors (2018): While it's close between the 1995-96 Bulls and this team I gave the Warriors the edge just because I believe this team just is better. Kevin Durant and Steph Curry were both top 5 players in the league at the time and then Klay and Draymond were both top 25 at-least. This team is impossible to guard unless you've got 3 elite defenders as both Curry and Durant can cook you 1 on 1 and if you focus to much on those 2 then BAM Klay strikes and if he gets hot your screwed. Not only that but this team has Zaza who'll just injury the other teams best player if there seems to be a problem. This team swept the Cavs in the finals and If you ask me they could've broken the wins record if they really wanted to but the Warriors have learned from 2016 that its better to wait for the playoffs then waste all your energy in the regular season. 

Rugby - Crusader(2018): This one will be more brief as I think I may be the only person on the forums that follows Super Rugby. The Crusaders dominated this season of Super Rugby only losing twice as they topped the table and then in the playoffs they smashed the Sharks 40-10 then the Hurricanes were the next victims as they lost 30-12 despite being the 2nd best New Zealand team then in the Final they beat the Lions 37-18. This squad was also stacked at 14 of the 15 players were All Blacks which is just incredible. 

1975 Cincinnati Reds

I'm going to bring in the world of baseball from my little corner. Now this team was way before my time, and I didn't even exactly no about it until researching. But after I saw, I can't deny how great they were. First off, they finished with a record of 108-54, which may not be the greatest but it's still pretty damn good. The only team to reach that in the "modern era" are the Red Sox in 2018 and the Yankees/Mariners around 20 years ago. No one else can touch that, and it proves how dominant they are. And they won the World Series that year to just top it off, something essential to a great baseball team. And their roster...absolutely filthy. Pete Rose, Ken Griffey, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, just absolutely amazing. Their pitching wasn't anything to sleep on either, they had Don Gullett and Gary Nolan to help them get to that fantastic record and World Series win. While there have arguably been better teams, I think the 1975 Reds take it because they weren't the only good team around. They had some competition, which is more than the 1920's Yankees can say when Ruth and Gehrig made their team great.

I'm gonna say it like Ropati and do one for every sport I watch:

Football/Soccer: Barcelona (2009). They won the treble, becoming the first spanish team to do that. Messi became the best player in the world after this season. 

Basketball: Chicago Bulls (1995-96): Had the best record in the NBA for a long time before the Warriors, but they actually went ahead and won the championship unlike the Warriors that year.

Baseball: New York Yankees (1927): So many things. They won 110 out of 150 games. Ruth hit 60 HR's, Gehrig had a record breaking batting average. It was by far the best season by any team.

NFL: Miami Dolphins  (1972): Purely based off the fact that they went undefeated in their NFL season. Marino is one of the GOAT QB's ever and Don Shula might be top 5 greatest NFL coaches ever.