BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Backlash

WWE Backlash is LIVE on the WWE Network June 14th. Discuss the PPV featuring the "Greatest Match Ever" between Randy Orton and Edge.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW World Tag Team Championship Dicussion

Image result for AEW png

The AEW World Tag Team Championship is an upcoming world tag team championship created and promoted by the American professional wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling (AEW). The championship was first announced on June 18, 2019. The inaugural champions will be crowned during the tournament final on the October 30, 2019 broadcast of AEW's show on TNT..

Current Champion: To Be Determined at Untitled All Elite Wrestling show 
Former Champion: N/A
Won At: N/A

Hoping they don't have the obvious choice of the Young Bucks win these titles straight away. While I am a fan of the Bucks i'd rather see another team win the tag team championships. I'm predicting that we'll see Dark Order VS Best Friends in a semi final match and LAX VS Young Bucks/Lucha Bros in the other Semi with maybe LAX VS Best Friends in the finals with LAX capturing the Tag Team titles as the inaugural champions. 

I think Young Bucks are getting this win here. I would like a different team, should win this. The Young Bucks are the obvious choice here, which i don't really want to see. I feel LAX could be a very viable shot at being champions. Which would be great for their product in my opinion.

Image result for AEW Tag-team tournament bracket

Honestly I thought that AEW would have more teams entered into the tournament but unfortunately that is not the case. Out of the teams I see a Dark Order vs Young Bucks Final or a SCU Young Bucks Final. I think Young Bucks have to be the options here for the Tag belts, I would love Private Party, Lucha Bros or Jurassic Express to win but just as what happened with the AEW World Title you need a team that is well known and that has the experience. Looking forward to the first round matches 

After the reveal of the bracket I think its a little less obvious than everybody thinks. I am actually looking at it and thinking LAX might cost the Bucks their first round match against Private Party to begin that rivalry since the idea AEW appears to going for with the Elite is that while they are still in a prominent position on the card none of them will be the inaugural champions to begin with. I could see the finals being Lucha Bros VS SCU to give SCU one last big title win since I don't see them being champs in any of the other divisions at least for a little while. 

I could see the Dark Order becoming the Tag Team Championships since it seems they are pushing that team a lot right now and why not have them win the entire tournament and make a that team seem like a real threat to the division, if not then my other choice would be The Lucha Bros as they would be great aswell for the division as Tag Champs 

I'm really happy that SCU won the World Tag Team titles, as a Christopher Daniels enthusiast. The question of who challenges them first will hopefully be answered soon (maybe at Full Gear or even next week's Dynamite, although I think the latter is a little too early) but if you were to ask me it will be Santana and Ortiz. I'm predicting that the Inner Circle might pull an Evolution if AEW makes a midcard title in the near future, but the Lucha Bros might also challenge them again by the virtue that they were finalists. We'll see what happens in the next week.

2 minutes ago, TastefulChain4 said:

I'm predicting that SCU will lose the titles to the Inner Circle (Santana & Ortiz) on January as I see the Inner Circle defeating Young Bucks at Full Gear and then defeating Lucha Brothers at the December PPV.

AEW has already confirmed they won't be running a full-time monthly pay-per-view schedule, they were most likely running monthly PPVs in the summer in absence of a TV show. This means it is more than likely December and/or January will have no PPV event. Eventually, the Inner Circle will be holding the tag gold, I will concede this to you.

Hangman and Omega as tag team champions has been interesting so far. Although I would like for an actual tag team to win the championships personally, whethers thats an upset with private party unseating them out of nowhere or maybe they finally give Proud N Powerful the belts because it's quite clear they not only deserve them but should be champions at this point as in my opinion they are the best tag team out of those who would be believable currently and are available to beat the champs. If not them then i'd say the Lucha Bros once they're back would be a good pick to take the tag belts as they have that whole great as singles and as a tag team idea.