WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Smackdown LIVE Discussion: September 17th 2019

image.png

In the wake of WWE Clash of Champions, Kofi Kingston earned a career-defining victory over Randy Orton, but The New Day relinquished the SmackDown Tag Team Titles after a vicious conclusion to their match with The Revival. The New Day aim to restore order and silence the trash-talking of Randy Orton & The Revival in a Six-Man Tag Team Match. Also, following his defeat of Chad Gable, Baron Corbin gets his King of the Ring coronation

1. The New Day meet Randy Orton and the Revival in 6-man tag Team action
  2. King Corbin ready for his coronation
  3. Erick Rowan sits down for interview after clash of champions reunion
  4. Shane McMahon to address firing of Kevin Owens
  5. Will Bayley's dirty victory over Charlotte Flair catch up to her?

I think this could be a pretty good Smackdown tonight. I’m really excited to see what they do with Harper and Rowan. And who Kofi’s next challenger could be. Because let’s face it, he beat Orton now clean, so it’s pretty much over. Corbin won the King of The Ring, which really sucks. Because in my eyes, Gable really needed this. I’m excited to see what they do with Owens now, if the rumors are true about him going to NXT for a bit. That could be very good for marketing. 

Cant wait for SD and see what's next for Kofi Kingston and his title run. Does Orton get another match? King Corbins coronation should be really interesting..will someone step up to him as his next feud? Will he be challenging Kofi? I expect them do Bryan and Rowan vs The Bludgeon Brothers at HIaC with Bryan turning on Reigns there. Should he a good Smackdown 

Oh yea Brock Lesnar is coming for the WWE Championship! The first SD on Fox he will challenge for it and win. Well Kofi iit wawas a great and fun reign and we will always remember it. One of the greatest WM moments of all time. But it's time for Brock Lesnar to become the champ again.

Good episode of SD 

If there is one major winner coming out of this then it's definitely Erick Rowan. He cut a really badass promo when being interviewed by Michael Cole and then he closed out the show on top dominating Bryan and Reigns with the help of Luke Harper. I'm loving how these guys have been and hopefully it isn't just fodder for Reigns to overcome. WWE have done well with them here lets hope they continue with it 

Brock returning was an almighty shock and putting Kofi vs Brock on the Fox debut show is absolutely genius by WWE. Brock should probably pick up the win here, someone like Kofi just isn't on his level at the moment so unfortunately Kofi's reign will be coming to an end. Other than that I think it was a decent episode of SD, I still don't like this Shane and KO feud it has dragged on too long and needs to end quickly because I don't think many people are very interested in it at the moment 

First full SD I've watched in a while and thought it was a pretty good show. Brock Lesnar challenging Kofi Kingston was cool and Brock will go into the draft as WWE Champion which is cool. Does anyone else think KO could be SD GM? It feels like a natural end for him and Shane for KO to take over. Erick Rowan's part in this show was awesome and honestly glad they're pushing him and Harper, especially in a match vs Reigns and Bryan. 

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

First full SD I've watched in a while and thought it was a pretty good show. Brock Lesnar challenging Kofi Kingston was cool and Brock will go into the draft as WWE Champion which is cool. Does anyone else think KO could be SD GM? It feels like a natural end for him and Shane for KO to take over. Erick Rowan's part in this show was awesome and honestly glad they're pushing him and Harper, especially in a match vs Reigns and Bryan. 

I dont think wwe is going in that direction with  KO but I certainly could see him delevering in a GM role if given the chance 

Since the start of Kofi's title reign, I've been wanting to see Lesnar challenge for it and having such a big match on SmackDown's premier episode of Fox is great booking by WWE. Also, I'm happy to see that they've built a storyline from KOTR between Corbin and Gable. I was afraid that Corbin would win and that would be it. Other than seeing a shirtless Otis run around the ring, I enjoyed this week's SmackDown and thought it was good, it was just lacking a good main event match.

I'm shocked by WWE on this one. I wasn't expecting Brock to show up on SmackDown before draft, and I definitely wasn't expecting him to be in a WWE Championship on SmackDown as well. It's smart booking by WWE because this can possibly get a big raise in viewership by having Brock wrestle on TV for the first time in so many years. 

The rest of the show was good. Good seeing their not tossing Gable to the side after the finals of the tournament. Then Kevin's promo on Shane was brilliant, and it is pushing towards different things: he gets power, or part of the law suit is having Shane removed from power so Kevin drops the law suit. 

Really good Smackdown last night! Lesnar challenging for Kofi's WWE World Heavyweight Championship, this is going to be the first time he wrestles on SmackDown in 15 years. I think that Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns will happen at Hell In A Cell really cool how much screen time he is getting now. if that match happens hopefully Rowan and Harper win I just don't know if they would have Reigns lose twice so maybe Bryan takes the pinfall? I think they'll give Lesnar the championship since he is such a huge draw and it's the start of them going to FOX. 

Smackdown was great last night. With Lesnar coming bck, I feel he most likely will get the Title for ratings. Now onto Rowan’s promo, it really was insane. I feel he could be a viable big midcard guy. I’m really excited to see how they do on Fox. Overall great Smackdown and exciting leadup to Fox airing. 

So we opened with the six man tag team match which I thought would be the main event but obviously the story is what happened after the match. When Brock Lesnar won Money In The Bank I was hoping it would be used to take the championship off Kofi for a fresh feud and because there wasn't really and heel that felt big enough to take it off Kofi but even when that happened I still thought Brock was gonna end up on Smackdown to do it. I'm super excited for Brock Lesnar vs Kofi Kingston and the fact that it'll be on the first episode of Friday Night Smackdown has me super hyped. That's a big way to start off Smackdown's move to Fox. That said I think Kofi has had a great championship reign so far so I'm glad he's gonna be losing it to the company's biggest name.

I honestly am not a huge fan of Sami Zayn being Shinsuke's manager. I thought Sami Zayn was doing some good work upon his return but then he never got any wins and now he's been reduced to someone's manager. I miss the underdog Sami Zayn now and I don't think Shinsuke is the type to even need a manager. I'm kinda glad we didn't get Ali vs Shinsuke again because I don't want the same matches tossed out.

I guess we're gonna get Carmella vs Bayley for the Smackdown Women's Championship soon? I thought it was weird that Carmella came down to the ring to make the save for Charlotte but whatever.

So I'm guessing Chad Gable is gonna be used quite a bit in the future which is very exciting. I loved watching Gable destroying Corbin's stuff and even though he lost King of The Ring, he still benefited hugely from the exposure. With the obvious sports focus on Smackdown coming, I think Chad Gable is gonna do well and it's time for Chad Gable to take the next step. 

I laughed my ass off when Rowan claw slammed Daniel Bryan anyway even though Roman's music hit instead of stopping like heels usually do. Even funnier that it happened when the camera panned back to the crowd and you see it going on casually in the back. May as well finish the job since the other wrestler is still rushing down to try and fight.
It's a shame that Kingston's rivalry with Orton had to end so soon. Obviously it had been a couple of months but i feel there was a middle to the feud that we didn't get to see. Maybe I just expected Randy Orton to get more of a upper-hand before the end where Kofi Kingston retained. They can revist the feud of course later if they wanted to because even during this tag match Orton wasn't pinned but it was pretty decisive.

What a great match though. It felt like this was an imagine of the new Smackdown post draft could be and this could've easily main evented the show in all honesty including what happened after the match. Old news by now as Brock Lesnar shocked the audience and world.   
I can see the writing on the wall  as it is that the reign is coming to and end. Of course part of me could hope that this is a way to put over a top babyface on their debut show on FOX to solidify the brand but it's a tale as old as time that Lesnar shall be champion. Amen. 
Who knows. Maybe Brock Lesnar Vs Kofi Kingston can start and end with Xavier Woods and Big E just beating up Brock Lesnar. Just have the match be hard fought but Kingston can't hit a Trouble in Paradise. Then Big E and Woods just enter to  cause the DQ by beating up Lesnar. I'm sure they would get cheered for it.

It's crazy to think WWE had the restraint of two and a half years to have Saha and Charlotte go one on one again. I remember some people viewed their championship reigns on RAW as a regin of terror with how often they were put in the same match but time has done them good because i was looking forward to this though it wasn't really a full match. I like that WWE are leaning on the real life friendship of Bayley & Carmella for this. Good way to mix up the formula of the four horsewomen.

There is something to be said about wrestling fans and patience. I know myself have fell into that trap in the past and now with Chad Gable, i was fired up thinking he should've one after the stop and start he has had but seeing this segment with Baron Corbin and what follows the weeks afte..this might work. NOW i still think the Shorty G name is horrible and should be dropped but Gable terrorising Corbin and being on the chase is good for him. He has yet to get any meaningful time on the microphone which should change but taking the fight to Corbin and trashing all the stupid King of the Ring props was a step in the right direction.  
I loved how Byron Saxton was ribbing Corey Graves hard by giving him a tissue after he nearly started crying over Baron's crown getting destroyed. Byron not taking any shit from Graves is always the highlight for me every time and it's a shame he has seemingly been removed from the commentary team. He was solid.