WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Chris Benoit’s Son David Benoit Says He Wants To Join All Elite Wrestling

chris benoit david son aew all elite wrestling jericho

David Benoit, the son of Chris Benoit, says he’d like to join All Elite Wrestling.

Benoit was interviewed for a recent episode of the Pro and Bro Wrestling Podcast with Fred Rosser.

At one point in the conversation, Benoit touches on his time training to wrestle with Lance Storm. Rosser – aka former WWE star Darren Young – asks if the 26-year-old has been training as of late and he replies, “I’m just messing around in the ring right now with a couple of guys from AEW.”

David did not get into specifics on who he’s been working with, but noted he has a close relationship with Chris Jericho and attended both Double or Nothing and All Out. Benoit also said he’s had gear made for when he eventually debuts somewhere.

“I want to go to AEW one hundred percent,” he told Rosser when asked where he’d like to wrestle. “I love AEW. I love what they do for the boys. Take care of them.”

Additionally, Benoit – who has posted many photos of himself at WWE shows over the years – also claims he’s no longer allowed backstage at their events. He does not explain why. The last time he attended one of their events back in March, however, he was seen wearing an AEW jacket. 

This is actually very interesting. I don’t mean to say it in a bad way. But to me, who looks just like him. And I feel it could be a bad marketing move, to show a guy who looks like a murderer  on live television. But if they do go a long with this signing , it would be cool to see how they book him and such. 

I feel sorry for him because even if he does turn out to be a good wrestler and end up in AEW, his name is going to be the main talking point surrounding him rather than his actual ability. I do wish him the best in trying to achieve his goals though and do hope he can turn into as good of a wrestler as his father was.

I think it's very interesting to see David Benoit want anything to do with Wrestling in general but good for him. Yes his name is very powerful because of what happened with his father but that shouldn't stop him from being able to get involved in the business and especially All Elite Wrestling. If he has talent or shows promise in the ring then yes for sure bring him in

David is a clown. I hear about this dude every half a year talking about how he wants to be a wrestler when it's pretty obvious he doesn't. He clearly has no desire to do so as he has flaked out on training with names like Lance Storm and DBS Jr. He has done absolutely zero work in trying to become a professional wrestler as he starts training and just drops off, no consistency. Messing around with some guys in the ring isn't what you want to hear. It isn't too late for him to start really grinding it out and going for it if he wants to but he needs to fully commit if he wants this. He would have a very long way to go to be anywhere close to be ready to wrestle on a stage like AEW. I wish him nothing but the best though I seriously don't think he has anywhere near the passion for the business to get anywhere given his track record.

The interesting thing to see is, if AEW signs him, would they make his relation to Chris Benoit a talking point or ignore it? Final days aside he was one of the greatest technical wrestlers we've ever seen, and that could be a huge expectation for David to live up to, which is both a good and bad reason to mention their relation. If they do end up signing David and mentioning Chris, it will most likely been at the behest of Jim Ross, somebody who was close to Benoit.