BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Wrestlemania 2: A Modern Day Experiment

Image result for wrestlemania arena
A year after hosting the make or break Wrestlemania 1, the WWE needed ideas how to follow that up. It was decided that the show would be split across 3 different venues the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois, and the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California, with four matches taking place at each.

However, the show ended up being the ultimate swing and a miss that is looked back on even today as possibly the worst Wrestlemania of all 35 so far. But now comes the experimenting. The conversation of an overabundance of talent with WWE is often talked about, reports of over a 100 in-ring talent under the WWE banner as we speak. It left me wondering  putting aside the logistics for the most part in this modern day WWE, would the company have a better chance hosting a three city Wrestlemania compared to what they were able to create back 1986?  Could the star power and talent sustain it.

And for the fun of the discussion who would you have main event each allocated Wrestlemania city if it was to happen in 2020? 

For me, it comes down to if they were able to do in separate nights. Wrestlemania Night 1, Night 2, and Night 3. A 3 day festival event spanning across 3 cities, Night 1 could be main evened by a Smackdown matchup. Night 2 could be the NXT Wrestlemania event, and then finally Night 3 could be the big one, with the biggest matches. I think with todays internet, and how easily it is to promote things, WWE could easily pull off something like this. Do I think its smart? No. They should not do separate cities, but yes, they should do Wrestlemanias night one and night two

Well with this idea I would like to turn to WrestleMania 35, which if I'm not mistaken was the longest WWE PPV ever. There were 16 matches total which I think you could easily split into \separate events. I'm not sure doing the separate cities idea would ever be smart as I feel like they'd be spreading themselves thin by doing that. Like WrestleMania is this big event that becomes the center of the city for a weekend, so I'm not sure putting it in three locations is smart. I figured it would be fun to try to split WM35 up so here's what I came up with. I was trying to spread things out evenly to try to make each one have something you want to watch though I'm not sure I did the best job of that.

Event 1: 

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs The Bar vs Ricochet and Black vs Rusev and Nakamura

Falls Count Anywhere: Shane McMahon vs The Miz

Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy (c) vs Tony Nese

Women's Battle Royal

Event 2: 

WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston

Farewell Match: Baron Corbin vs Kurt Angle

Women's Tag Titles: Boss N Hug Connection (c) vs The IIconics vs The Divas of Doom vs Nia Jax and Tamina

United States Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs Rey Mysterio

AJ Styles vs Randy Orton

Event 3:

Winner Take All: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Charlotte Flair (c) vs Becky Lynch

No Holds Barred: Triple H vs Batista

Raw Tag Team Championships: The Revival (c) vs Hawkins and Ryder

Intercontinental Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs Finn Balor

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal