BrendenPlayz Elimination Chamber

The Elimination ChamberPPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its the biggest event of the Summer, Summerslam! Discuss it here.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Angelo

Daniel Bryan On Retiring Full Time Sooner Rather Than Later

Daniel Bryan recently made an appearance on The Bellas Podcast, where he took part in a brief Q&A session. One of the questions posed to him regarded his time in the WWE, and an answer Bryan gave hinted that his retirement could be much closer than many fans might think. Bryan said that his retirement from the WWE would likely happen “sooner rather than later,” and that it would involve him become more involved as a parent.

“My retirement from full-time wrestling which will be coming up sooner rather than later in the next couple of years, that probably won’t mean retirement for [Brie Bella] for how busy you are,” he said. “It will probably be me taking on more of the parental role, and so depending on jobs and that sort of thing, that’s been a nice switch in society that can happen.”

While Bryan continues to be one of the fan favorite superstars in the WWE, it’s not surprising to see him discussing his departure. As he begins to build his family, Bryan might see the end of the road coming a lot closer than he had before. Regardless, it seems as if retirement from Bryan won’t be happening for at least a couple of years, so fans still have plenty of time to witness his greatness in the ring.

WrestleZone.com

It's a little disappointing to hear since I really do think Daniel Bryan is one of the greatest of all time and certainly is of this generation. Though of course raising your child is obviously priority over wrestling so that sounds great for him. A couple more years of DB sound great and that's surely enough time to knock out some great stuff. I have nothing but appreciation for him and this return run has been amazing. He deserves to be able to go and be with his family by that point if he wants.  

This is sad news. He is one of the best of all time in my opinion. It’s good that he will still wrestle, but I will miss him on my screen every week, when it does happen. He most likely wants to be with his wife and daughter a lot more. Which is totally understandable. 

While this is sad, it’s something I feel has just become standard in my head given all the injuries and road bumps he’s had throughout his career. I still feel like he could have a few more good years left and then he hangs up the boots once and for all. It’s fair that he wants to focus on his family and his health.

I mean we all saw this coming, he's 38 years old and in a couple of years he will be 40 which is probably the right time for him to go into a Part-Time status and continue looking after his family. A great performer robbed of about 3 years of his career and now we are finally seeing how much of a magician he is and will continue to see so for the future. I don't think this is sad news I think this is just something we were all waiting to hear and a bit of a reality check

This is saddening for wrestling fans however we at least still have a few more years with him and i’m grateful for not only that but also all the years we’ve already had the honor of watching him but as we all know his family comes first and I as i’m sure many others as well wish him the best of luck and the happiest life after wrestling possible as he is definitely deserving of it plus even when his in ring days are done he could always make a guest appearance in the future.