BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega

AEW Full Gear

After a case of MRSA led an "absolutely gutted" Jon Moxley to pull out of his scheduled AEW All Out match with Kenny Omega, the two are now set to clash at the promotion's Full Gear pay-per-view on Nov. 9 at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore. The match has been brewing since Moxley made his shocking debut for All Elite Wrestling very shortly after his departure from WWE at Double or Nothing and attacked Omega to cap off the promotion's debut PPV event.

Omega got revenge with his own attack on Moxley at AEW's Fyter Fest event in June, and the two were set to meet on this past weekend's pay-per-view event from the Chicago suburbs before the former WWE superstar was forced to pull out of the match after contracting the infection in his elbow. Fans were treated to a great Omega showing, regardless, as the former IWGP heavyweight champion went one-on-one with PAC in a thriller, dropping the match to the former WWE cruiserweight champion. But the bout was missing the storyline elements that had fans so excited for the Omega vs. Moxley matchup.

The setback may have made things better, however, because Omega cut one of the best promos of his career on "Being the Elite" when he found out Moxley had withdrawn from the match. That promo, combined with AEW hitting the TNT airwaves on Oct. 2, could make an already huge match even bigger.

I am so looking forward to this match. A clash between two guys who have carved there paths in different worlds now colliding inside AEW. A very good contrast of styles, although Mox has shown recently he can hang technically wise with the best as proved by his G1 run. Omega is love him or hate him one of the best fast paced grapplers in the business though since his move to AEW, he hasn't been doing as well as he should.

This has all the makings of being a very competitive matchup as for who should I win I wanna go with Mox to pick it up although I can see a Omega victory happening as well.

Either way both of these men need to position themselves as a potential chellanger for Jericho's AEW World Championship.

Presumably this will get a stipulation similar to the Chicago Street Fight they were supposed to get at All Out, perhaps a last man standing match or an unsanctioned match. The question is do you have Omega finally get a meaningful win over Moxley or do you continue to build Moxley to eventually compete for the AEW World Championship. Several options from the outcome of this match but I'm going to assume that Moxley will win here and we will continue to see the descent into madness for Omega before he inevitably becomes the cleaner or whatever it is they are planning for him. 

I think Moxley's injury was a bit of a blessing in disguise because the build for this match on Dynamite has made for some fantastic television. I do think Moxley is gonna win and it ends up being some sort of last straw for Omega since it seems they have been teasing a snap or turn from him lately. It's cool Omega seems to want to try something new for AEW rather than just being the version of himself he's been the past few years. Plus, Moxley is still their top name right now and I think they're gonna carry the hype around him for at least the rest of the year. The only way I could see Moxley losing right now in a singles match would be if it was unsanctioned, which doesn't even count anyways. 

Been waiting for this match to happen and I am really looking forward to it. The build up to this has been great and have enjoyed every second of it. I have loved this more free Moxley and Omega teasing the Cleaner over throughout the feud. I think that this could easily be the match of the night at Full Gear and should be a big draw for AEW.

I have to agree with Alex, both men are prime contenders for Jericho's AEW Championship, maybe one of them could even be the man to dethrone Jericho. The winner (the much less likely of the two to dethrone Jericho because of the statement I am about to make) will most likely be the next competitor for Jericho, maybe during Dynamite or at the next PPV. Even if not, this match's results has big implications for both men.

Obviously they feel that a gimmick match is the way to go with Moxley long term. They have teased the barbed wire exchange and hopefully we see some of that at the PPV. Two of AEW's big dogs fighting it out. Should be a real treat. Kenny still in my eyes, struggled to get over with the new fans. While his overseas work has been excellent, I think he hasn't adapted well enough to the American audience yet. Obviously taking 20 minutes to beat someone like Jelly Janela isn't helping. Maybe a win here would help Kenny. But I think for right now, you need to keep Moxley strong. He is there big "get" and it is important that he remains relevent at the top of the card long term.

I'll be honest, the second it was revealed that this was going to be an unsanctioned match, a good portion of my hype diminished. It would be one thing if it was a street fight but this literally won't count to their records so it might as well not even exist. This is literally their biggest match yet but it doesn't count because they were too afraid of hurting anyone's record. This record crap is gonna push them into a corner and I'm afraid they end up spamming the unsanctioned stipulation to protect people. I think the action will still deliver at the very least. They seem to have been hinting towards Kenny changing, and not back to the cleaner necessarily. Omega rebuilding himself for AEW would be very interesting and if he can pull that off it would be impressive.

I agree with Odd here, the unsanctioned match type hurts the match if anything. When used properly, the stipulation could be seen as both wrestlers simply wanting to beat the shit out of the other and using the stip as a way to ensure they will be able to do so. However, in this case, it doesn't work as Kenny Omega is literally a booker and could have given himself anything hardcore stipulation, this is relevant as his creative power is getting referenced on tv. Ultimately I think it's AEW best attempt at giving Omega another loss but trying to cover the damage somewhat. Still, I think this should be a great match with Moxley coming out on top. 

Great match. I'm surprised to read online that there was some that hated it, like Meltzer. People call for the PG era to end and to step it up a gear. Well these guys beat the crap out of eachother and did everything imaginable. They went for 40 minutes and were able to keep it entertaining and enthralling throughout. It feels like AEW are the adults in the room right now. This match wasn't majorly over the top and stupid like CZW. But it was about as extreme as it needed to go. A great bout to end a rivalry between two guys who "hate" eachother. 

Great match here, honestly crazy here. The chemistry between these two was honestly fun. I’m hoping to see more of this feud in the future. And with what Brenden said, I’m not surprised, I’m not surprised that Meltzer hated on the match, as he hates on loads of things. Great match anyways. 

I was hoping for a brutal match, I was promised a brutal match, and I got a brutal match. This was outstanding work from both men and as a fan of hardcore wrestling this was such a joy to watch. Moxley is phenomenal in this environment and Omega was right there with him. There were so many moments in this match where It genuinely felt like these two hated each others guts an in today's wrestling worlds it's hard to get that sort of a reaction. I think this was the match of the night and one of my favourite matches from the year. Both these guys are phenomenal and this was a perfect Main Event. Never felt bored because every spot had something in it to grab my attention straight away 

Image result for kenny omega vs jon moxley full gear gif"

Wow. This match was f*cking awesome. I enjoyed every second of it, and it went 40 minutes which was surprising because it felt like 20. Every moment was cool and a lot of it made me cringe, it wasn't an over the top, spot to spot match and it felt fresh. AEW really did something with this and I hope we see more of it, I mean, Jon Moxley had to crawl through broken glass to get out of a submission and that is so cool to me. Them kicking each other and glass exploding everywhere, along with the amount of barb wire was just amazing to watch. The blood and cuts on their backs made it look real and made me cringe in pain, along with that barb wire bed spot. The ending with the ring getting exposed is always a nice touch, and the ending was really well done. Props to AEW. They are doing something huge.

This entire match was incredible. The broken glass spot, the screwdriver, the barbed wire everything, it was all excellently executed. I also want to point out Moxley is a mad lad for allowing a screwdriver to be used on his skull. The time flew by in this one, and I would not be opposed to seeing either of these men in more hardcore matches in the future. Definitely match of the night, and an argument could certainly be made that this edges out Cody vs Dustin to be called the best match in All Elite Wrestling's short history. Outstanding performance by both men.