WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW World Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs Cody

I hope people wont start with comments of nepotism and whatnot because Cody being here. Truth is Cody is despite his Executive position one of the biggest stars of the company based on his name value alone.

With that out of the way this is a match that could go either way. Jericho has been a bit hit and miss lately as his age is starting to show, however I feel with Cody here this could be the recipe for a good old fashioned brawl.

I am actually curious but I am pretty sure they have faced in the WWE haven't they? 

Cody vs Jericho looks to be a fun match between the two and hopefully it becomes that way, both men have known each other for a long time and I feel that with Cody and Jericho, they could put on a safe match while getting some big bumps here and there to keep the match entertaining. 

Jericho retains here. Pretty obvious that Cody won't be the one to take the title off Jericho and that this will be the first of at least a few defences for Jericho before he drops it to whichever of the several wrestlers that are targeting him and most likely making a new star in the process but for now Jericho is going to keep a hold of the AEW World Championship for the foreseeable future. 

Love the build for this so far. It has emotion and the crowd invested. Cody has lifted his game to main event status and he is probably the only guy outside of Jericho who feels like a major star right now. Cody has been the MVP of this show and while I think right now it's best to keep the belt on Jericho, I think Cody will deserve a run with the title next year. Really looking forward to this one.

At first I was a bit annoyed by this match as I wanted to see someone else feud with Jericho for the title. But AEW has changed my mind with the way that they have built up this match. With the debut of the inner circle and Jericho talking about Dusty and the Rhodes family. I think that this could be one of the best matches AEW has on the card. Although Jericho is likely to debut it should be a fun match to watch.

While the outcome of the match is more or less very predictable, it will still be a very good bout. Seeing how AEW has been running since the startup of Dynamite, I doubt Cody will be the next to challenge Jericho, meaning either PAC or somebody in the main event scene (Moxley?) will have to step up to the plate next time around. I also doubt Cody will get another AEW title match for a good while, so he'll be making the most of this match.

After this week I am beyond excited for this one. This is two all stars going at it. Everytime Jericho or Cody is on TV it is a great segement. It shows you why these guys are the best at what they do. Cody's matches have been my favourite nearly every show. Jerichos promo work has been outstanding and even Cody delivered a special one this week. They are the two most over guys in the company. This one could be one for the ages. With the new stipulation applied, I cannot help but feel something will go down here. I think War Games is coming and if that is the case, then some interference to ruin this match is likely. Or maybe, if War Games does happen, if The Elite win, Cody can win back the right to challenge for the world title again. Because I think Jericho retains here in some way.

As Brenden said, this is two all stars. I haven't been able to watch every moment of AEW, just highlights on youtube. But I am hyped for this one. Cody is excellent talent and Chris Jericho can go better then most guys, I don't see Cody winning as I believe the backlash from fans would be too much so they won't give him the belt just yet but I do think its possible. I think if anyone dethrones Chris Jericho, it will be Jon Moxley. They are building him up to be the man who carries the company and I think he will be able to do that for AEW, he is probably the biggest star they have. And while I am excited for this match, I am more excited for the future.

This match has really grown on me over the last few weeks. When it was announced, I wasn't the biggest fan. Cody's wrestling style isn't my favourite and Jericho has clearly declined in in-ring perfomances over the last year or so. However, they have done a great job hyping this match up, with Jericho playing a great heel and Cody cutting some of the best promos in his entire career. Still, I don't know if this match will have action that is as good as Moxley Omega or the tag match, but still, I expect it to be a fun watch. Expect Jericho to win despite the stipulation, as with Cody's powers in the company, there is a lot of ways (both as a face as a heel) for Cody to work around it. 

A very interesting match. I enjoyed the heck out of the contest. Cody took a bad bump and got a big gash which added to the match so much. In the end the finish was a little lame because I wanted to see Cody fight through it and keep going but the towel had to be thrown in. So after it, MJF decides to turn on his mentor. A huge moment that  I think we all knew was coming at some point, we just didn't know when. I thought it was a little too soon for this. However, MJF has barely been featured. He is easily the guy on the roster who has the biggest upside. He has main event world champion written all over him. He is their diamond in the rough. If this is the moment that MJF cements himself as a top star and we kickstart his push them I am all for this. I just thought they needed to establish their friendship on TV a little more. Perhaps do this around January/February time. But it was a good way to have Cody lose without making him look weak. Good booking in the end, if they can execute the MJF/Cody story well then I will have no issue with their decision to pull the trigger now. Exciting times ahead, this could be a classic feud. The promos will be so good.

This was absolutely great. Cody has been in absolutely blistering form recently and has probably become the best babyface in the business right now and Jericho is at his usual best being a cocky arrogant heel and it made for an amazing story. Going in I had no clue what they were going to do with the finish especially after Cody announced the stipulation this week on Dynamite. In saying so they did book themselves out of that corner by having MJF turn heel but as Brenden said I would have liked to see that friendship be showcased a bit more. A huge opportunity for MJF to show how great he is when working against Cody, we know he has the promo ability and his character work is spot on it's just all up to how they can work the eventual match. Should be a great build between two of the best right now 

Loved this matchup, a great Championship match here. Two major stars going at it for one prize. I think this match really shows that the Main Event Scene in AEW is surely strong. The MJF turn was actually a bit expected for me, but was very well executed. And I’m excited to see where the feud goes on from here. 

Great main event match, it was a pretty cool sight to see Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, and The Great Muta just chilling ringside. Also, great call back to the relationship between Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko with their interaction. Just like @BrendenPlayz & @Julius said, I would have waited longer to pull the MJF trigger. This is because I am used to the NJPW booking: I would've waited until next summer so that Cody has another gigantic personal match for next year's All In/All Out event. Nevertheless, the turn was executed perfectly but I would've waited much longer on it.