WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
JoshsNow

Wrestlers Best Year

I'll agree with 2001. Although it had the dreaded heel turn at Mania, Austin was still on top of the WWF as the champion for most of the year and had classic after classic. He won the Royal Rumble, had the Three Stages of Hell match against Triple H at No Way Out, Mania main event, the Two Man Power Trip which includes the match against Benoit and Jericho. I can go on and on about the amazing matches he was having and the storylines too with him being one of the centerpieces in the Invasion Angle as the champion betraying WWF. Easily his best year in terms of in ring classics.

2001 was a great year for Austin as he was on top of the world. He was one of the best wrestlers at the time and he definitely looked strong in nearly every match he has been in. He won the Rumble for a third time which never happened before in WWE at that time and he won the Tag Team Titles with HHH, also he was a big factor in the Invasion storyline. 

I'm going to agree with Bart here and say 1998 was Stone Cold Steve Austin's best year, he won the royal rumble, beat Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship at the biggest stage in wrestling Wrestlemania, Became a 2X champ and like Bart said he arguably had the biggest draw power that any wrestler has said. 

I'm going to have to agree with Sameer and Bart. 1996 was Austin's breakout year, he began to gain a groundswell of support in 1997, and all the pieces fell into place in 1998. All of the accomplishments that Sameer mentioned as well as creating one of the most memorable Mania Moments with Tyson knocking out HBK, and overall becoming the biggest draw in wrestling. In 1998 and arguably years later, Stone Cold was a bigger draw than Hulk Hogan in the 80s, and he helped sway the Monday Night Wars to even out the balance. Of course, 98 also started Austin's most infamous angle, his rivalry with Vince McMahon that established both as some of the most charismatic men in wrestling.

In a in ring stand point it would be 2001 since Austin had many great matches during that year with the likes of Benoit, Jericho, Angle, Rock, etc. That match on raw with him and HHH vs Benoit/Jericho is match should check out if you have the time. He also reigned as WWF Champ for most of the year and was a vocal point of the invasion. Even though you could argue it should 1998, in terms of kayfabe and popularity however for my pick it would be 2001.

Interesting to see 1998 and 2001 coming up between the 2 I would argue 2001. He won 2 world titles and the tag titles, put on Match of the Year against HHH, one of the best Mania main events ever, had one of the greatest tag matches of all time when him and Hunter faced Benoit and Jericho, had the best wrestling match ever shown on free TV against Benoit, had an awesome duology against Angle and took part in WWEs best ever Survivor Series match

Next Up Bray Wyatt

I agree with 2001, like Icon said the rumble was really big for him. 11 eliminations and coming down to the last two against Stone Cold Steve Austin is a really big accomplishment. He even lasted around 54 minutes, which is a testament to how over he was. He won the Hardcore title at Mania as well that year, and it's obviously hard to miss his Survivor Series appearance like Brad said (good stuff all around in that one).