WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

AEW Dynamite Discussion: October 9th, 2019

Really nice looking show for AEW week 2 and I'm really looking forward to Private Party vs Young Bucks. Two really good and exciting teams to kick off the Tag-Title tournament should give it a lot of attention. Darby vs Havoc with a NOC shot on the line is also really cool, I've been a big fan of Darby Allin since he joined AEW and I think a match with Jericho for the title on the next weeks show will do wonders for him so hopefully he gets the win over Havoc

Now that we've seen what AEW are going to look like as a weekly show going forward, it'll be interesting to see if they retain the 1.4 million that watched last week and if the quality of the show is as good if not better than what we got last week 

I think the card looks great but the one thing I'm not looking forward to is the number one contender's match. I already don't particularly like the two competitors (mainly Havoc, Allin is kind of cool) but neither has actually earned a contender's match at all to me. Jimmy Havoc has 1 win and 3 losses while Darby Allin has 1 win, 2 losses, and his draw with Cody. That doesn't exactly sound like challenger material when you got a guy like PAC who is 2-0 with wins over major names in the company as well. I think they might be driving themselves into a corner with this wins-loss system as they are constantly going to have to be justifying making matches. It's still early on so nobody has the best record since they've only been in so many matches but it just seemed silly to me that either of these had what could be considered a good enough record to challenge for the title. Otherwise I think the show will be great and I'm definitely gonna make sure to watch it.

I for one am thrilled that Havoc and Darby are getting such a big match opportunity, it shows that AEW isn't just pushing the talent that's easiest to push going for out of the box talent and I honestly wouldn't mind either man getting the World Title shot (But i am of course slightly biased towards a certain former PROGRESS World Champion). 

Hangman and Dustin VS Jericho and Sammy is an interesting match but i'm guessing that Hangman's gonna lose it for his team to continue the storyline of him spiralling into a series of losses trying to get his groove back before eventually getting his rematch for the AEW World Championship, i'm guessing this match will kick off Dynamite and that Jericho will make a statement about his new stable to open the show. 

Spears V Moxley is interesting since they are both technically heels although AEW Might be planning for a double turn with Moxley and Omega with that taking place at Full Gear considering that seems to be the direction they're going with the two men, i'm gonna say Moxley picks up the victory here but likely by disqualification with interference from Omega. 

Private Party VS The bucks will be interesting because I honestly don't think the Bucks winning is as set in stone as a lot of people think. I honestly could see Private Party winning because of Jericho's stable assaulting Cody or Dustin during the match allowing for Private Party to take advantage and win the match. It also seems like they might be doing the Bucks VS LAX at Full Gear so it's likely Private Party get a major win and advance in the Tag Team title tournament. 

I like we get fresh matchups every week since there are no faces and heels. Dillinger vs Ambrose should be good if they're given enough time, and I think Moxley will win then get attacked by Omega.

Omega may cost him the match, but I actually see LAX costing Bucks their match against Private Party and I don't believe they'll have two matches end via interference. My tag tourney prediction is Lucha Bros/SCU finals with Lucha Bros becoming the first champs.

Think Darby Allin picks up the win and takes on Jericho next week which will be a nice match. And for that tag, I believe Jericho and Sammy get the win but I wouldn't be surprised if Hangman gets attacked or something and Cody takes his place and they win.

Overall, should be a good episode and I am #AllElite this week.

Excited for tonight, as last week was a joy to watch. I will surely be watching this over NXT live, as I did last week aswell. Some really good matches advertised here. The one i really want to focus in on and talk about is Jimmy Havoc vs Darby Allin. A # One Contender match for the AEW World Championship. As Odd stated, they both really dont deserve the contenders match. But it is happening, but I am excited for it. Both psychos in their own right and should be a great match, I think Darby is gonna win this one, extremely over with the fans and that most likely will play a huge factor in the result. 

2 things what is it with Chris Jericho and  Co taking shots at WWE every chance they get i'm like leave them alone and worry about your own company

and 2

what is it with AEW ignoring what they said about the win loss record actually mattering

before this week Jimmy havoc was 1-0-3 Darby allin was 0-1-2 so what did they do to deserve a world title shot?

this happened with nyla rose she was 0-2 heading into all out and she was handed a womens title shot

chris jericho wins 1 match and was handed a world title shot 

2 hours ago, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

2 things what is it with Chris Jericho and  Co taking shots at WWE every chance they get i'm like leave them alone and worry about your own company

and 2

what is it with AEW ignoring what they said about the win loss record actually mattering

before this week Jimmy havoc was 1-0-3 Darby allin was 0-1-2 so what did they do to deserve a world title shot?

this happened with nyla rose she was 0-2 heading into all out and she was handed a womens title shot

chris jericho wins 1 match and was handed a world title shot 

For the Nyla Rose situation she won what was basically their Royal Rumble so having a championship match is definitely warranted. In Jericho's situation once again that was billed as a match to earn a NOC opportunity which he won so there aren't any problems there. For the Darby and Havoc match I agree, they probably didn't deserve a chance to challenge for the title but the reasons Cody gave on Twitter I think were more than justified 

1 hour ago, Julius said:

For the Nyla Rose situation she won what was basically their Royal Rumble so having a championship match is definitely warranted. In Jericho's situation once again that was billed as a match to earn a NOC opportunity which he won so there aren't any problems there. For the Darby and Havoc match I agree, they probably didn't deserve a chance to challenge for the title but the reasons Cody gave on Twitter I think were more than justified 

but that's the thing why say wins and losses are going to matter and then pull a stunt like the Darby Allin and Havoc match

Finally got around to reviewing AEW. Private Party beating the YB is the upset of the tournament, and I'm glad they went with that so we can get some sort of version of LAX vs the Bucks, and Private Party vs Lucha Bros (assuming they win), will be absolutely fantastic.

I'd like to see a Mox/Pac alignment as that'd be a nice tag team to add to the division and also I could see either of them capturing the World title with the other one getting the midcard title when it comes out.

Darby Allin vs Jericho is whatever, Jericho will win and retain his title but I truly believe that this was a better show than the debut and that's a good thing considering you want improvement week to week.

I thought this was a very enjoyable episode of Dynamite. Liked the opener a lot. I always thought that there was gonna be a WWE stable in AEW, and while it doesn't seem to be a big as I orginally imagined, we might saw something with PAC and Moxley having a common enemy. I wouldn't mind a tag team match with Omega and a partner vs Mox/Pac. 

Not too big a fan of the World Title match, don't know if at this point of his career Jericho will be able to carry a match like that and make it great. Cody appearing afterwards seem to be given. 

Wednesday Night Wars: Week Two: AEW Dynamite:

Young Bucks vs Private Party: Brilliant match from all angles, Young Bucks showed why they are the best Tag Team in the world (to be honest, when putting them with obscure and new teams like Private Party or maybe Dark Order, the Bucks are clearly much farther ahead in every step), Marc Quen really impressed me and thousands of fans in the arena with his barrage of suicide dives, and Isaiah Cassidy with him playing the role of 2018 Matt Jackson with the back injury. In comparison to NXT, this match was much more exciting (regardless of the stakes) than Breezango vs Forgotten Sons.

Darby Allin vs Jimmy Havoc: This match has been getting a lot of criticism due to the fact that it's to determine the first challenger to Chris Jericho's AEW World Championship and it involves two people with terrible win-loss records. But, according to the theory I came up with: While AEW really wants to put up the best TV content, they also want to preserve their big money matches for PPVs, so a TV Title defense would be seen as a rarity for viewers and for AEW roster members that may not have the best win records. Why waste Jericho vs PAC or Jericho vs Moxley on TV? The match itself was really good, initially, Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin don't necessarily represent fans or support but they manage to suck in the audience with their aura & unique offense and in this case, it resulted in a smooth & memorable match which I definitely recommend over Drew Gulak vs Lio Rush (high stakes singles match). The moments at the end of the NXT match was awesome but other than that I couldn't get into it as well as Havoc vs Allin.

Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs Hangman Page & Dustin Rhodes: I'll just say it, I preferred Walter vs Kushida. But I can see why this match was put together and the pace it went at, obviously AEW has the star power and they want to utilize it to its fullest extent with guys like Chris Jericho ("Y2J") & Dustin Rhodes ("Goldust"). The match itself felt a bit weird to to me, it's like the pace drastically changed depending on the pairing in the ring but it was a nice main event that settles us into the weekly AEW Dynamite program pace instead of having something crazy or shocking happen at the end of every episode. (Yes, I know there was a big brawl but other than Allin hitting some kind of skateboard Clothesline on Jericho it all went the way you would expect it).

Inner Circle & PAC: Looking at it on first sight, a faction led by Chris Jericho with Sammy Guevara for a mercenary, Jake Hager for an enforcer, and LAX for duo-backup seems awesome...the branding is a bit lame (in my opinion). The name, the logo, the vibe, all of it. This should've belonged to someone like Shawn Spears and have Jericho basically create his own Bullet Club and call it Alpha Club or something like that. Even Alpha Circle works 😂. Aside from two marquee matches coming up are Full Gear, it's interesting to see how the male singles division develops into more storylines with guys like Hangman Page and Dustin Rhodes floating around, but PAC did not wait like the others to meaninglessly float around. He took his shot on Kenny Omega (even though PAC beat him), and didn't decide to lay out Jon Moxley next to Omega (for some reason). Most people have been speculating an alliance especially since they are teaming up next week against Omega & Page but i don't think that's the case, I could see them being semi-allies for about a month and then Moxley turns on PAC.

Honestly, I thought AEW Dynamite this week was extremely better than last week but in my war of opinions, I think NXT was better with the whole Undisputed Era/Velveteen Dream/Tommaso Ciampa segment clutching it.