WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Julius

Universal Championship: Seth Rollins (C) vs "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Falls Count Anywhere)

image.png

The Architect will let the darkness in. At WWE Crown Jewel, Seth Rollins will once again battle “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt in a Falls Count Anywhere Match for the Universal Championship. 

Since his ghoulish transformation, Bray Wyatt has terrorized everyone in sight. He made quick work of Finn Bálor in the ring at SummerSlam and punished legends Kurt Angle, Jerry “The King” Lawler and Mick Foley with horrifying ambushes, punctuated by the debilitating Mandible Claw. Rollins then became the next victim in the closing moments of WWE Clash of Champions, as Wyatt ruined Rollins’ celebratory moment with a thunderous Sister Abigail at the top of the stage and another Mandible Claw. Nevertheless, Rollins was a true fighting champion, and even though he was still reeling from the attack, he agreed to face Wyatt inside Hell in a Cell.

Rollins truly left a piece of himself inside the dreaded structure and was forced to go to a place he dared to not dream about in his worst nightmares in an attempt to overcome the seemingly unbeatable foe. Despite his efforts, though, Rollins failed to defeat Wyatt. Instead, the bout was called off via a referee stoppage before Wyatt rose from the pile of metal that Rollins buried him under to ensnare The Beastslayer in the Mandible Claw to leave him in a heap.

During Rollins' match against Roman Reigns on Friday Night SmackDown weeks later, Wyatt once again attacked The Beastslayer, briefly pulling him through the ring to hell before Seth escaped. Then, on Monday Night Raw, the Universal Champion launched a sneak attack of his own and burned it down ... and by "it," we mean Wyatt's Firefly Funhouse.

Destiny is inescapable, and the bitter adversaries made it through hell in order to face the day of reckoning. Whose reckoning will it be? The Falls Count Anywhere Match will assure a new level of destruction, but will the uncontrollable monster emerge victorious and set WWE into an era of darkness? Or will the unyielding determination of the Universal Champion finally cast a light on the wicked conundrum?

WWE Crown Jewel emanates from the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, streaming live on WWE Network on Thursday, Oct. 31, at 8 p.m. AST/1 p.m. ET. The WWE Crown Jewel Kickoff begins at 12 p.m. ET/7 p.m. AST on WWE Network, WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Twitch.

This a very strange booking decision in my opinion. You have the massive fall-out from the HIAC finish, which makes it clear that you weren't ready to have Fiend with the title yet. Now, you draft him away to Smackdown (I get that the trade rumour is still a thing but regardless) and put him in another match up where it should be anything goes. Maybe they are doing it for the sake of pissing people off, but none of this makes any sense to me. 

I don’t like this booking decision by WWE at all. Rollins has already got massive heat from the Hell in A Cell ending. And obviously with Bray being on Smackdown now. He’s not going to be winning this one. So it’s only going to continue to hurt both parties in this one. It seems WWE just likes pissing there demographic off. And it continues to seem that way. 

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Seth wins this after having further "snapped" yet they keep him as a face when this could possibly be a good moment to turn him heel since he's getting booed anyway. I almost wish they had done this route with Brock where it takes Seth to a different place to win since they had him lowblow Brock at Mania and then completely ignored that. If Bray stays on Smackdown it would be cool if The Fiend wins and then since The Fiend had no interest in the belt and maybe just wanted to mess with Seth's head, he could get rid of it and they introduce and new belt for Raw. I really can't see Bray staying on Smackdown though since I heard Fox didn't want the Funhouse which is why Seth burned it down, which would be dumb since the Funhouse has really been the best part of Raw since its debut. I don't think it was smart to have these two in a match together again after the HIAC debacle though. Also, are they really gonna have Seth work two matches in one night? Seems weird to me, even if in a big tag match he probably wouldn't have to work much, but still. 

Looking at this match, I've accepted that they're going to have another unfavourable finish so I'm just hoping they don't ruin The Fiend character so much that he can't have a good run on SmackDown. I think distancing him and Seth is for the best as it's clear they want to keep the title on Seth for a bit longer and The Fiend shouldn't really be losing in his first big rivalry.

Very interesting choice by WWE. After such a disappointing finish at Hell in a Cell, I really thought WWE would stay off the storyline for a bit while the whole situation cooled off a bit. And now, things can't really get that much better. I do think that Rollins has a way more legitimate claim to defeating Wyatt than at Hell in a Cell, but it still doesn't feel totally right. It mostly just feels like a failed attempt by WWE to carry on what's left of the Fiend's momentum to feed to Rollins to make him more legit, and it's really not working. This is ought to just piss off fans even more, but I think it might actually work out as Rollins can still be champion with a bit more legitimacy and Wyatt can go to SmackDown and basically start anew.  

Ugly. Thats my first reaction, the decision to have this match and to continue this feud even though Wyatt is going to Smackdown is idiotic on WWEs part, there is no way this match ends and the fans not hate it. Unless you have someone from Smackdown come out and screw Wyatt, but then you have Rollins barley retain his title twice now. Making him look weak, they are putting themselves into a hole once again. I really just do not think they are going to be able to get out of it, this just feels like a failed attempt like Mikey said. I really do not see this ending well at all, its getting exhausting being a WWE fan.

Its very strange for WWE to be doing this match again, considering the amount bad reaction that Seth has been getting from this feud. I hope the fiend wins the title here even it doesn't make sense, I'm pretty sick of Rollins as champ and I would consider anyone in taking that title from him.

Horrible decision to make for this booking. It was a horrible match in HIAC. Regardless, even if it was suppose to send Seth in a dark place the match was boring and stupid. Oh imma hit 15 finishers in a row that don’t finish and then my opponent is going to need medical attention, no wait he’s alive and almost murders me. It was a clown event. 

Same goes for this match it’s clear Rollins will win because if he loses A, I will laugh my ass off and B that would be dumb for the purpose of Wyatt going to smack down. I want to see The Fiend as Champion it just shouldn’t happen here. This imma make Seth Rollins dark is just not fitting him. Since anything goes it will be I guess in the hands of Rollins. 

6 hours ago, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

The Fiend doesn't deserve to be Universal Champion He's been back since April and he's done nothing to deserve a world title run

Done nothing apart from single handedly create huge buzz surrounding an incredibly unique gimmick which has gotten immense support from the crowd and arguably become the hottest thing in wrestling right now. But yeah, he’s done nothing. 

As much as I love this gimmick and respect Bray Wyatt's character work, they picked a time way too early to put the title on him. I understand why they did, this year has been dominated by striking whilst the iron is hot, as seen by Becky Lynch and the rise of Kofimania. Bray is arguably the hottest commodity in wrestling, as Bashka has previously pointed out, but he still needs more time to develop this character. The buzz he's created is tremendous, but if you wait until WrestleMania or a time akin to that, it will create a larger buzz from the Fiend's victory. Additionally, Bray has not had the proper buildup, as he barely got his feud with Rollins started before taking the title. Them literally making one of the most unpopular booking decisions of all time in the DQ Hell In A Cell finish proved they weren't willing to pull the trigger on the Fiend, but now (likely at Fox's demand) they wanted the belt on him. The prominence of 50/50 booking in the last two years in WWE has been ridiculous, and while I respect Bray and hope this works out, I will say this is far too early until explicitly proven otherwise.

Well they actually bloody did it and for that I praise and thank WWE for doing so but then the question needs to be asked. Why the fuck did you not do it at Hell in a Cell where the Fiend was still red hot with momentum. It's a strange decision by WWE and sort of infuriating but at least we are now at the result we always wanted. The match itself was pretty cool and I think Wyatt looked really strong once again while continuing to bury Seth Rollin's moveset, surely he gets a new finish now after Wyatt kicked out of about 8 of them. I'm happy that we now have Fiend as Universal Champion, lets just pray he doesn't lose it after about a month like Bray did in 2017 

I'm just as surprised as the rest of you, Bray Wyatt is Universal Champion! Absolutely wild decision, I think nearly everyone had Rollins winning coming into this. Along with this being an event that was more of a promotional one rather than a legit PPV. I thought that it was a bit unwise for WWE to put the belt on Wyatt at Crown Jewel as opposed to Hell in a Cell, but I'm interested to see where it goes. Wyatt obviously still had momentum from his character work even though he lost, and this is a good way to build on it. And I really enjoyed the match, I thought that Wyatt and Rollins were able to put on a great show despite Wyatt obviously needing some protecting. There were some enjoyable moments in the match like Rollins crashing through the table on the outside, and all in all, good stuff. But like Julius said, I don't know what they're going to do with Rollins, the curb stomp just seems so illegitimate now.