WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Bart

Prichard Replaces Bischoff As Executive Director

WWE announced today that Bruce Prichard will be taking Eric Bischoff's role as the Executive Director of Smackdown:

WWE® NAMES BRUCE PRICHARD EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SMACKDOWN®

Stamford, Conn., October 15, 2019 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that it has named Bruce Prichard the Executive Director of Friday Night SmackDown, reporting directly to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

Prichard will oversee the creative development of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX and ensure integration across all platforms and lines of business, replacing Eric Bischoff.

Prichard brings nearly 40 years of experience in sports entertainment with an extensive background in character development and creative storytelling. Over the course of his career, Prichard has served in a variety of roles including announcer, producer, agent and on-screen personality. Earlier this year, Prichard returned to WWE as a member of the company’s creative team.

Friday Night SmackDown airs at 8 pm ET/PT on FOX.

Bischoff also commented on the matter: 

WWE, via NoDQ.com

I felt it was a matter of time before Vince would grow bored with either Heyman or Bischoff's direction and ideias as they would diverge from his own. I just didn't expect Bischoff to go before Heyman in a way.

Bruce Prichard I don't know a lot about his work behind the scenes only that he did produce for TNA I believe?

8 minutes ago, Alex Costa said:

I felt it was a matter of time before Vince would grow bored with either Heyman or Bischoff's direction and ideias as they would diverge from his own. I just didn't expect Bischoff to go before Heyman in a way.

Bruce Prichard I don't know a lot about his work behind the scenes only that he did produce for TNA I believe?

Prichard was employed by the WWF/E , working with them from 1987 till 2008 in several functions. Afterwards he did indeed work for TNA for awhile. If you want to know more about him, he does a podcast (which is on Spotify) where he looks back at PPVs where he was a part of the creative team for. They are good listens. 

hearing reports that basically Bischoff didn't really do anything creative in his time as executive director, if so, its a good move to have Prichard be the new head guy, he prob gets Vince the most and understands him and what not. Hopefully its a sign of things to come for the blue brand.

I saw this coming eventually, it's been clear that Vince is not a fan of how Bischoff has been booking SmackDown if the most recent episodes are anything to go by. Most segments feel like a McMahon run show, but I think that the good parts come from the influence that Bischoff had in the spot (even if it was just a little). Prichard is a a fantastic replacement for Bischoff, and I think he'll still be able to construct a good show with decent storylines. His style also favors McMahon's preferences more, and I expect to see some changes once again. As for Bischoff completely leaving the company, I would to if I got stripped of such a big position after not having any power in it.

Prichard Speaks On Bischoff's WWE Firing

During his podcast this week, Bruce Prichard talked about Eric Bischoff being fired and here are the highlights courtesy of 411Mania.com...

On Bischoff being let go: “Well, I’d like to say that I think that Eric Bischoff is — first of all, Eric is a friend of mine. And Eric is a good friend of mine that I love personally, I love him professionally. And I was sad for the news that came out this past week on a professional level and a personal level. So I want to wish Eric the absolute best. Eric and I aren’t. you know, ‘Oh my god, Eric’s gone! I can never talk to him again!’ Absolutely not. And you know, sometimes in business things happen for whatever reasons. Sometimes you don’t know the reasons and you have to move on. But I do believe that Eric Bischoff is one of the smartest guys I’ve ever met and worked with.”

On his request for people commenting on Bischoff’s release: “I think he’s one of the nicest guys, and he also is a human being. So when you sit there and you make comments through a keyboard, or through your phone. And it’s a faceless, just random thing. Remember that you’re making comments about human beings. And you’re making comments about real people that have families. And real people that yes, we’re in the public eye and I get that. And to a certain point, say and do whatever the hell it is you want to do. But also remember that it’s real life, and that we are human, and that we do have families. And believe it or not, we have feelings. And I know that Eric will succeed. This is like — he ain’t dead! But I just want to publicly wish Eric Bischoff the absolute best in business, life, and everything else, because he’s a good friend and I’m proud and happy to say that he’s my friend.”

nodq.com

I know I'm a bit late on this subject, and I apologise. I would like to offer a different opinion from that of the rest of this thread. While people say this is a positive move for SmackDown, it more or less proves the fact that some have suspected since the announcement that Vince would yield his power somewhat. It was already confirmed everything still went through Vince, so this position is more or less a puppet to take Vince's creative blame (he's had a lot of that recently) and my guess is that he and Bischoff had a disagreement and the puppet's strings were cut.