BrendenPlayz Elimination Chamber

The Elimination ChamberPPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its the biggest event of the Summer, Summerslam! Discuss it here.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Friday Night SmackDown Discussion: November 1st 2019

image.png

In the fallout of WWE Crown Jewel, Roman Reigns looks to put King Corbin in his place and Bray Wyatt trades in the Firefly Fun House set for a"Miz TV" appearance. The New Day also gets a championship opportunity against The Revival for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles.

1. Roman Reigns collides with King Corbin
  2. Bray Wyatt to join "Miz TV"
  3. The Revival to defend SmackDown Tag-Team Titles against the New Day
  4. Nikki Cross, Carmella & Dana Brooke square off against Bayley, Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville 

Well as we have find out recently, most superstars that took part in Crown Jewel, most likely won’t be able to make it to Smackdown. So it’s going to be very interesting to see how this editing of Smackdown pans out. 

If Roman Reigns vs Corbin does happen, I think this is a solid win for the Big Dog. Pushing him to get to the top once again, they are taking a slow approach this time. Which is very smart on their part. 

With Bray Wyatt joining Miz TV, it’s going to be funny in my eyes. I could see both of their personalities colliding in the best way possible.  The Revival vs New Day should be great, I see The Revival most likely winning the belts, as New Day have had a solid reign thus far. And I don’t really care for the woman’s tag match lol. 

Like Gunner said, a lot of Superstars that took place on last night's Crown Jewel event are now at risk of not showing up for Smackdown which makes things unpredictable. With that said looking at the preview as it is:

1. Reigns will likely win this match. Corbin has been sorta of the JTTS lately so it makes sense the Big Dog would pick up the win since we now have two World Championships on Smackdown as of last night.
  2. Now I am curious on if he will join live or via the Funhouse, considering we haven't seen the Funhouse side of Bray on Live TV yet. Or will the Fiend be the one that ends up appearing? I guess we will have to wait to find out. Also curious to see if normal Bray comes out with the title.
  3. Should be a good tag team championship match but we've seen this plenty of times before so not that excited for it.
  4. Throwaway 6-Woman Tag. Though where the hell are Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks?!

A bit of a unpredictable show here which should be good. I am really looking forward to Mix TV with Bray Wyatt and it should be interesting to see what happens with both World Titles being on Smackdown. Other than that I think Bayley and Absolution should be a fun team. Also I think the Tag Title match will be really good. Roman and Corbin will be solid with Roman winning. Should be a good show tonight.

Imagine being a NXT talent waking up this morning being told you're needed tonight for Smackdown and need to get on a plane right now. Whatever you had planned that day is out the window. Take a 3 hour flight from Florida to NY having no idea what you're going to be doing. Straight from the airport to the venue, no time for hotel. Get to the arena and planning out a match literally minutes before you go on live. I respect the hell out the grind and i'm hoping NXT kill it tonight with this opportunity. 

Adam Cole is being positioned as the face of NXT during the Survivor Series advertisements so it would be cool to see Undisputed Era start the show but really i'm just curious to see which talent might face against Daniel Bryan tonight if anyone does. Or maybe a promo against The Miz. And any old WWE star in the local area that might get a match tonight because they are recognisable. WWE will try their best to put on a show given how much stock Vince puts in his own main roster talent as stars he will try to get as close as he can to that. 

This was one of the best Smackdown episodes I've seen in a long time. NXT came up and slapped Smackdown in the face, laying the first shot in this 3-way war. Everything tonight was done to advance the ideia that HHH and HBK picked the right moment taking advantage of the fact most of the WWE roster was not there.

Can't wait for the fallout on Raw and well I feel NXT will probably lead the way during the first couple of weeks until we get to Survivor Series.

Two side notes though - Brock going to Raw solves the issue of the World Championships though now I have the feeling Brock might not even be envolved in this whole Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT Scenario and instead he might just defend the WWE Championsip against Rey Mysterio at Survivor Series.

Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan put on a Match of the Year Candidate. That was a great match that I will probably go back and watch it multiple times.

Though now I wanna see an NXT Superstar chellange for a Main Roster title during the buildup. Let's have I dunno AJ Styles vs Pete Dunne for the US Title? Next week Raw will be in the UK could be the perfect place to do it.

This is probably my favorite episode of Smackdown ever, of course there could of been some better ones in the Ruthless Aggression era, but this was an absolute blast of a show and it's probably because of the talent from NXT that came up. The show kicked of with a shock as Lesnar quits Smackdown, and this is very cool because it means we get to see the WWE Championship on RAW for the first time since 2016, and maybe a redesign of the Universal Championship. A lot of people are saying that they want to see a blue belt, but I don't think that would look good and I just want a really cool title. Which I think The Fiend can do, NXT coming up was obviously because of the flight delays in Saudi but I feel like that is what made this show fun. There obviously wasn't many big storylines moments, and none of this weeks Smackdown will be repeated next week I am guessing. This was just a way to get NXT some eyes which I believe it will, and with all the top notch reactions the superstars got, I am thinking Vince might want NXT out of Full Sail, which will annoy me. Full Sail is what makes NXT NXT, Daniel Bryan vs Adam Cole was f*cking awesome. Seeing Bryan and Cole taking each other one on a Smackdown for the NXT Championship on a Smackdown is huge, and honestly this proves that WWE can put on a great show, and you don't need this NXT talent for it. Maybe the shocks helped, but I honestly do not think it did, I believe that the amazing talent on Smackdown can put on more shows like this. Either way, this was a 10/10 Smackdown, and I really hope WWE can keep it up.

I think this was a really fun show, not as good as most have played it up to be but I definitely enjoyed most of what was happening. Very encouraging to see about 80% of the NXT talent receiving pretty loud pops when appearing on TV something that WWE will want to capitalise on in the build to Survivor Series. The Main Event was a lot of fun and just the visual of having NXT in the ring with Triple H by their side was just truly amazing. This has the potential to be one of WWE's best storylines in a long long time I hope they think this one through and pull out a banging Survivor Series PPV