WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2019 Discussion

With NXT on the Survivor Series card, the starpower in this show might be heavily limited, unless WWE is fine with putting their workers in two straight strenuous nights. Knowing WWE, it's not out of the question. Two WarGames matches in one night seems overly unnecessary, beyond that of using the WarGames moniker every year and degrading the match's value, a la Elimination Chamber and Hell in a Cell. It could be cool to see potential matchups from this Women's WarGames, but considering the names that won't be in it, it is more than fair to guess that this match and event will be the weakest WarGames yet. The potential of Adam Cole losing the NXT Championship before TakeOver and/or not defending it at TakeOver cannot be ignored, but I doubt they'll go the route of NXT vs Raw vs Smackdown unless they merge the two events, a guaranteed non-occurrence. All in all, I am excited for the event as I am with all TakeOvers, but significantly less so until the specifics of the show's card come to light.

In my opinion, two Wargames matches is a bit overkill. Especially of how long they tend to be. But it could surely be a great night of action. I am excited for it, even if it is a little too much in my opinion. If they have Ripley and Shayna in the same Wargames match, that seals the deal for me. 

War Games always provides great matches and I feel this year will be no different, I'm excited to see all the other wrestlers doing their stuff, maybe this time we can have the wrestlers from SD and RAW come to WarGames and beat some of the others up, I'll be good and it would be a decent reason why to watch Survivor Series which is shaping up very nicely, anyways can't wait for the show! 

Isaiah “Swerve” Scott to face Angel Garza on the NXT TakeOver: Pre-Show
image.png

Before NXT TakeOver: WarGames gets rolling, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott and Angel Garza will be looking to make a big statement when the two competitors meet during the Takeover: Pre-Show.

The TakeOver: Pre-Show begins at 6:30 ET/3:30 PT and will be available on the award-winning WWE Network, as well as WWE.com, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Charly Caruso, Sam Roberts and Pat McAfee will host the Pre-Show coverage.

Scott has showed unbelievable promise, and his determination was on full display in a recent victory over Bronson Reed on NXT. Garza is looking to bounce back after a controversial loss in his challenge for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship against Lio Rush.

Who will set the tone with a victory as NXT takes center stage in Chicago? Tune in to the TakeOver: Pre-Show at 6:30 ET/3:30 PT to find out!

Well really this was a two match show and man did those two matches really steal the fucking show. We start off with that Women's Wargames match and if you aren't a fan of Rhea Ripley already then you must be after watching her in this match, she is absolutely incredible and is emerging as the best possible option to dethrone Shayna Baszler as NXT Women's champion. The Dakota Kai angle I honestly didn't see coming and hopefully this opens up more avenues for her to go down as a Heel. A feud against Nox to get things going will be great and from there we can see how good of a heel character she is. Really loved the finish with the handcuffs and I think a star was born tonight with Ripley

Balor vs Riddle and the Three way didn't do much for me, I found them pretty predictable and while the action was still great I think that it wasn't anything special. Balor winning needed to happen but the match itself wasn't as great as we were expecting and the three way only made sense if Pete Dunne were to grab the victory. In saying that I think Damian Priest looked excellent here

Now for the Main Event, I loved this all the way through everyone had a chance to shine and everyone was thrust into the spotlight. Like Ripley earlier in the night my MVP was Keith Lee. This man has it all and will be a huge star in this company both in NXT and on the MR. He is so over right now and has an incredible moveset to continually increase how over he gets. Dijakovic looked great and the Undisputed Era never looked weak in defeat. That ending bump was absolutely brutal and seeing what Cole turns up like at Survivor Series tomorrow will be very very interesting and of course KO being the fourth men was bloody excellent, the pop when his theme played was deafening and it legit gave me chills. Another really strong Takeover, looking forward to tomorrow night 

Ah yes, WarGames delivers once again! Both of the War Games matches were a delight to watch, and I think every single person in the matches looked pretty good. It was a blast to see the women's match especially, you don't really see women being given that freedom to go all out with the brutality. Like Brenden and Julius, my woman of the match was Rhea Ripley. The women's division in NXT has been a bit weak lately, and no one's come close to dethroning Shayna (although I think Io would be a good shout, especially after that dope ass moonsault). Ripley's is 100% the women to be the next champion, and I wouldn't be opposed at all. And then the men's match. First of all, it was great to see Owen's join team NXT, I think he and Balor will have an interesting dynamic after Survivor Series if he stays down there. My man of the match was probably Dijakovic. He's honestly been so underrated for such a long time, and it's really sad to be honest. He's supposed to be this big bad heel, but instead he's exceeding in the role of a monstrous babyface, something stars like Strowman couldn't pull off. But honestly, everyone had a great showing in the match, and the future is looking bright for these stars.