BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Hangman Adam Page vs. PAC

The focus on building up Adam Page to be a main event attraction is a fascinating one. He's certainly young and talented, however there is really only one fixture in the main event scene that is older in Jericho (unless you want to count SCU as a main event team). On top of that, there are other talents such as MJF, a man close to Cody in both story and presumably in real life, who are young and talented as well, yet are not receiving the main event rub that Page is continually getting. I see PAC going over here, but look for AEW to set up a strong appearance by Hangman.

So PAC won the last time these two faced and he won decisively so I'm not too sure why they're doing this match again. It looks like Page is set for a Heel turn or a character change going by what's being happening on Being The Elite which would be welcome because he's a bit lost in the shuffle. I think you've got to keep the momentum with PAC and have him take the win here, I think there's more in PAC at the moment than Adam Page 

I like what we're seeing from Adam Page. He has a good old school body and can work pretty well. He needs some more tuning on certain aspects for sure, he's not a main event quality guy yet. But I think he can get there. PAC needs to go over again though. He should work at an upper midcard to low tier main event level right now. A few more high profile wins for PAC and I could see him working a program with Cody in the future. Obviously they have teased a feud with Moxley as well, which I think would be a strong match. 

This should be great, PAC needs to win this one as Brenden had stated. He is on a tear, and he needs to continue that for the road to a title shot. Which I believe he will get sooner rather than later. Page has impressed me lately tho, and I believe he will continue to do so. 

I have not become a fan of Adam Page yet. He seems a bit lost out there, I don't see the gimmick with him and I also don't find his work very entertaining. PAC on the other hand as shown that he belongs to be in the main event level, and I expect him to win this match. 

Looks like Hangman got his win back here. Which is fine. These are two potential main event guys they had to keep both strong and even. They're backed into a corner because they don't want to do any DQ or screwy finishes. So they just have to bite the bullet and sacrifice someone to put the other over and this is what needed to happen to PAC. It won't affect him long term though.

The match itself I thought was pretty good and seeing Hangman fight with more aggression than we've seen before is a really nice character touch. I do however have a problem with the victor as I really think they need to get behind PAC as a Main Event guy because he has it all. I know Page is their guy but as of right now PAC needs to be the one winning these matches and having those World Title Programs. If I'm correct this now ties the series at 1-1 so we might be getting another rubber match pretty soon, maybe on Dynamite in the next coming weeks 

2 hours ago, Julius said:

The match itself I thought was pretty good and seeing Hangman fight with more aggression than we've seen before is a really nice character touch. I do however have a problem with the victor as I really think they need to get behind PAC as a Main Event guy because he has it all. I know Page is their guy but as of right now PAC needs to be the one winning these matches and having those World Title Programs. If I'm correct this now ties the series at 1-1 so we might be getting another rubber match pretty soon, maybe on Dynamite in the next coming weeks 

It has been announced that they are fighting at Dynanite this wednesday. 

Match was solid, wish Pac would have looked better. Page isnt quite at the level that he is being pushed to and I hope they realise this.