BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
???

Your Unpopular Wrestling Opinions!

8 minutes ago, Hans said:

WWE is quickly going to screw up the Women's Tag Titles. Ill be surprised if they booked the tag division well leading into this year's Summerslam.

As much as it sucks, you're right. WWE has been mishandling the women's revolution since forever, and they got incredibly lucky with Ronda and Becky being white hot.

The ruthless aggression era was better than the attitude era, I enjoyed almost every bit of it and maybe its because I grew up watching it and not the attitude era but seeing Cena, Batista, Edge, and others rise to stardom is so great. And watching back the PPVs from that time it was really fun to watch, I think the wrestling and the overall appeal of shows was better. At least for PPVs

7 minutes ago, bailey14 said:

AEW will lead to no changes in WWE and won't effect WWE at all or even compete with WWE in any way

I agree with you 100% on this, AEW is already overhyped people are talking about it as if its the next WCW and we haven't even seen one show. The show will be good, I am not saying its going to be bad but NO one will ever be as big as WWE is, ever, and no wrestling company has come close in the however many years WWE has been around, it ain't happening

12 minutes ago, BiC said:

The ruthless aggression era was better than the attitude era, I enjoyed almost every bit of it and maybe its because I grew up watching it and not the attitude era but seeing Cena, Batista, Edge, and others rise to stardom is so great. And watching back the PPVs from that time it was really fun to watch, I think the wrestling and the overall appeal of shows was better. At least for PPVs

I definitely think a case can be made for both the Attitude Era and the Ruthless Aggression Era. Both of these eras in WWE are near and dear to my heart. In my opinion, Attitude Era had better overall storytelling and characters but Ruthless Aggression Era had better match quality and better in-ring wrestlers.

CM Punk is over rated, way to over rated. He shouldn't return to WWE, and he wouldn't be the best in WWE if he did. 

Asuka, is also over rated. I agree that WWE doesn't use her right. But from what I've seen, even in NXT. She wasn't as good as everyone is saying.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:25 AM, Julius said:

The Women's tag team titles shouldn't have been re-introduced. It's just going to further screw up the Women's division and provide random repetitive matches. No one wants to see Bayley and Banks vs Nia and Tamina one month and then Dana Brooke and Natalya the next 

While I agree to an extent, I think they should of introduced a different womens title. Because having a mid card womens championship would give others things to do and wouldn't put the weight of the division on the womens champion alone, the tag titles could easily be brought to the next level if they did it right but they already fucked them up. But I feel a mid card womens title would boost the womens divison and give it a new light while giving women like Ember Moon, Carmella, and others things to hae actual feuds over

5 hours ago, Maddrix2900 said:

NXT should have a TV deal.

The more NXT becomes to feel like a third brand i'm not opposed to the idea but it would need to be a TV deal that allows NXT to continue being NXT. The biggest issue with putting a product on television is that you now need to appease more people behind the scenes and i'd fear it hurting the current product. 

When Smackdown was first announced to appear on FOX later this year and it being talked about extra programming being produced for the channel as the deal went on i thought having NXT on the channel wouldn't be a bad idea. NXT is a sport like product that they are rumoured to be looking for and it would bring more eyes to the product. 

The Kofi Kingston storyline is too forced and not interesting in my opinion, the best part about the gaunlet match after Royal Rumble was that no one expected Kofi to do good, no one expected Kofi to be the top guy heading into Wrestlemania. But the fact that since the Elimination Chamber, superstars have been name dropping him, every match mentions him, and the commentators don't shut up about him. The best part about the Daniel Bryan storyline is its hard to tell if that was WWEs plan or not, it actually made the fans feel like they had a say. But at this point, it just seems like this is what WWE wants, and this "getting screwed" storyline has played out to much, because no company would do that and it isn't realistic. I'm not saying Kofi Kingston isn't great, and doesn't deserve this, but the storyline is just bad. 

1 hour ago, Hans said:

a long wrestling show does not equal a good wrestling. If the show is 8 hours and in the middle card there was a really good match, no matter how good it was if the crowd is tired and not invested, the match quality will be down.

I agree 100%, WWE focuses to much on cramming everything in when shows should feel special. It gets to the point where the main event is going to be the dullest match of the night, because if the crowd is dead, and isn't reacting that immediately turns me off the match 

You know how we look at WM 23- to WM 29 as Undertakers big shows where for 7 straight Manias he killed it. Well tbh not counting WM 32. WM 30 to WM 35 have been Triple Hs shows. Like he has absolutely killed it for the last 5 out of 6 Wrestlemanias. He had  had MOTN at all of them except for 32 and even if you think Kofi vs Bryan was MOTN at 35 and i kinda think that as welll  he still killed it and you could make a case for it being MOTN.