BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Joey Janela vs. Shawn Spears

Spears and Janela are two guys who could definitely benefit from the addition of a midcard title in AEW. That aside, this match seems to be a sleeper, and should definitely provide some great action. I think Shawn Spears will come out on top here. He's friends with Cody, and has been involved with Cody, who is getting a world title shot, in the past in AEW (chairshots to the top of the skull anyone?). Janela has got talent for sure, but he also has time on his side, so they will want to utilise Spears now, while he's still wrestling at this level.

A good filler match here to put in between two hot matches. Could see this one between the World Title Match and the Kenny vs Moxley match. It will be a good match no doubt, just dont have a lot of interest in it. I am going to hope Spears wins here as he needs it more than Janela here. Janela can handle a loss where Spears needs a win to stay relevant. I think that this will basically be the bathroom break match of the night but will be a solid match none the less.

Nice match. Shawn Spears is getting more and more impressive in this role. I think he can be a viable upper midcarder. I think he'd make for a strong heel midcard champion. He isn't good enough in my opinion to work at the top yet. His promos need more work and his in ring work is good but I am yet to see a main event quality match from him yet. Janela is whatever, he's okay but his look is embarassing. He can't really be taken serious.