WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah Carter

Should WWE Edit Crowd Reactions?

So I saw this article from WrestlingNews

There are reports from fans in Manchester, England who say that there were heavy edits for this week’s episode of Raw. Fans who attended the show say there were heavy boos for Seth Rollins’ segment but on TV it sounded like he was getting heavily cheered.

Someone sent a message to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live about the crowd edits. Alvarez said, “Apparently the Rollins segment was so heavily edited, they used crowd reactions from the October 28 Raw for the cutaways.”

He continued, “Listen when I was watching that last night, Seth Rollins said something and they cut to a shot of the crowd cheering. Then when they cut back to him, everyone was all of a sudden sitting down again.”

Alvarez continued, “You can go back and watch it. He makes some comment and they cut to a shot of the crowd which looks totally different from the crowd when he’s doing the rest of his speech. Go back and watch it. I’m not making this up, I remember that.”

Several people on social media have backed up what Alvarez said. TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy was at the show and noted that Rollins’ “I think I am the best wrestler on the planet” line was booed but on TV you could not hear the negative crowd reaction.

Another person said Rollins had to wait a minute and a half to start his promo because so many people were booing him. If true, then that was also edited off the show that aired on Monday night.

WWE NEWS

WWE removed negative crowd reactions during Seth Rollins Raw segment

By

Paul Davis

Published on November 12, 2019

There are reports from fans in Manchester, England who say that there were heavy edits for this week’s episode of Raw. Fans who attended the show say there were heavy boos for Seth Rollins’ segment but on TV it sounded like he was getting heavily cheered.

Someone sent a message to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live about the crowd edits. Alvarez said, “Apparently the Rollins segment was so heavily edited, they used crowd reactions from the October 28 Raw for the cutaways.”

He continued, “Listen when I was watching that last night, Seth Rollins said something and they cut to a shot of the crowd cheering. Then when they cut back to him, everyone was all of a sudden sitting down again.”

Alvarez continued, “You can go back and watch it. He makes some comment and they cut to a shot of the crowd which looks totally different from the crowd when he’s doing the rest of his speech. Go back and watch it. I’m not making this up, I remember that.”

Several people on social media have backed up what Alvarez said. TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy was at the show and noted that Rollins’ “I think I am the best wrestler on the planet” line was booed but on TV you could not hear the negative crowd reaction.

Anyone in attendance will back me up here: Seth Rollins' line "I think I am the best wrestler on the planet" was roundly booed.

Yet, they've made it sound like a majority cheer on the broadcast. Weird that they do that.

See Alex McCarthy's other Tweets

Another person said Rollins had to wait a minute and a half to start his promo because so many people were booing him. If true, then that was also edited off the show that aired on Monday night..

And it brings up the question, for me at least. Do you think WWE should edit the crowds reaction?

Honestly, this is nothing new from WWE. They've done this with Roman, they did it with Hogan. This is just standard, and while I can't say I agree with the way WWE does their business, they will stick to their guns until the channels start changing. Most people will say they want their product and stars to grow organically, but there is also a side to it where we can defend WWE on this. We could play Devil's Advocate all day on this one.

Honestly they shouldnt, its just not the natural thing to do. Usually you want to hear a natural response from the crowd, it makes it more enticing. But when they edit it in post production, it just doesnt have that same feel. Like for example with the Burn It Down chants, it is obvious they are editing those in. Especially how hated Seth Rollins is at this current time. Wish they would just stop it. 

The quick answer here is 100% no. One of the biggest things in Wrestling is over an act is and the biggest way to judge that is through how it is being received by the crowd and the sort of heat it's getting. With Rollins he is getting the wrong sort of reaction and WWE turning down the boo's wont change anything at all. We're still going to boo him they are just choosing to ignore it which is just ignorant at its finest. Other than that as many of the guys above me have stated it just isn't the natural thing to do and WWE really should stop with it 

They should not do this. Of course it would be lying to your audience and also take away one of the greatest things about wrestling, seeing live fans expressing their opinions on the product. Also, what would they accomplish with this? In the end, the live audience would just proof that the crowd reactions are edited, so in the end it won't lead people to believe that what they are hearing is true. It is only going to make fans unhappy and do nothing positive for the company, so they shouldn't even consider it. 

As a fan, I would answer no. But looking in WWE's perspective, the answer is a resounding yes. They clearly have a vision in mind, and these people are experts at knowing what the crowd wants. They only lack in the enforcement of giving the crowd what they want. And by broadcasting that a person is over when they want them to be but isn't is a really valuable tool. Obviously the live crowd knows the difference, but odds are they aren't gonna go back and watch the tape again. Crowd reaction editing is a really valuable tool for WWE, and I think that if they want to succeed, they should for sure keep doing it. But like I said, as I fan I disagree with the action, but some things are just beyond our control.