BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Re-Branding Sin Cara: Who would you put under the mask?

Image result for sin cara
In this scenario WWE grants the release of Sin Cara (Hunico) and now wants for the third time put the mask on a different wrestler under contract to continue the Sin Cara legacy. Sin Cara is a brand, a character above the athlete in their eyes and they look at their roster to see who would fit  to continue that.

Obviously  a big concern would be you can't put a wrestler such as Mustafa Ali under the mask because they are well known and popular. Humico at the time was doing nothing outside of the odd Superstars episode and returning from injury. So perhaps the man under the mask will either be someone out of the current eye of the audience, someone from NXT or the performance centre. You're tasked with choosing the wrestler to be the new Sin Cara, who will it be? 

Image result for Jorge Bolly"

The way I look at it, Sin Cara is like a super hero. He can be taken under different people, but still remains the same. Maybe some things are different, but the name, character, and its merch remain the same. For me, it would be King Ceurno. 

"Jorge brings a seasoned and diverse background with his in-ring style, knowing how to work the authentic Lucha style, while also being able to adapt to the American style of wrestling. His character work was easily noticed during his work in Lucha Underground where he would feud with Mil Muertes for some time. Jorge is also known for having one of the most beautiful suicide dives in the game which he has showcased everywhere he goes."

As this article puts, the man is full of talent and I feel could defiantly pull of a Sin Cara role.

I think the character has run it's course, no one will really care if Sin Cara never ever shows up on WWE programming again and to be honest you don't really want to burden someone with that jobber luchador role. Someone like King Cuerno can legit be a top talent in the company so I don't think making him the next Sin Cara is the best idea. Just write the character off and that's that 

I honestly have no idea who I would put under the mask, but I know someone that would be plausible in WWE's eyes. Humberto Carrillo. He's still fresh in his first run on the main roster, and he's been lacking a character for a while and needs to get his stuff together quick if he wants to keep having these high profile matches. He suits the character well by being a really exciting performer and having some incredible selling, and he can always be used to put guys over with those skills like Sin Cara would. I personally wouldn't want to see him under the mask and would like to see what Julius said, just to see the character dissipate away after a while. I think having multiple guys carry out the gimmick isn't really the right way to go about things, especially now where the roster is so loaded that anyone under that mask could potentially have been a main event star.

In regards to people saying that Sin Cara should be retired, one of my favourite things about Lucha culture is the fact that the mask never dies (from what I've heard) and once a character has been established, it is an honor to continue the legacy of the mask. Even the original Sin Cara had to create a new character when he went back to Mexico because his original mask was occupied by someone else.

I don’t believe it should return, at least in WWE anyway. I think Sin Cara is the least interesting masked wrestler within WWE right now and has simply been turned into a meme, no need to ruin somebody’s career by wasting them and putting them under the mask.