WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

WWE Universal Championship: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan

image.png

At Survivor Series, Daniel Bryan will willingly step into the darkness when he battles “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship.

This horror story began on the Nov. 7 edition of Friday Night SmackDown when Wyatt suddenly attacked Bryan in the locker room and took him down with the Mandible Claw.

The vicious assault prompted The Miz to question the mental state of the former WWE Champion when he had him as a guest on “Miz TV” the following week. A fired-up Bryan shot back at The A-Lister with a full demonstration of his immense passion. Bryan acknowledged his own mental instability but expressed his belief that it somehow puts him on common ground with the equally unstable Wyatt.

But when Wyatt and his Firefly Fun House friends joined the fray and attempted to manipulate Bryan with an aggressive “Yes and No” debate, The Beard saw right through the head games and wasted no time challenging Wyatt to a Universal Title Match, resulting in the smiling Wyatt responding with a “Yes!” chant of his own.

“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt is a truly dark force of fury in WWE, but Bryan has been defying the odds since day one and will not back down for a second. Don’t miss Survivor Series, Sunday Nov. 24, beginning at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

This should be a great match for many reasons but a major one, is their history. Back in 2014 when Daniel Bryan joined the Wyatt Family for two weeks, but then they had that absolute banger at Royal Rumble 2014. Im looking forward to this match, almost 6 years later. Should be another banger if they do this right, what do you all think? 

It's actually crazy that this match is happening now. I thought for sure that WWE would save it up because there's still a lot of stuff to cover in it, but now that I'm thinking about it, why not now? The story is built from their past and it's a big four PPV where they'll shine with a card like this. It's almost too perfect, and with a match involving Bryan and Wyatt, only great things can come (hopefully). I think the match being a normal one (for now) benefits it, as I think it'll be harder for any of that bullshit to happen like it did a Hell in a Cell. I'm almost sure that this is only the beginning of this feud, and that it'll stretch until Mania at least. There'll surely be some down time in between to keep it fresh, but it's too good not to use twice. Both guys are more than worthy of holding that title, and having two guys like that competing against each other for the biggest title in WWE with the storyline that has been built and is yet to be built, I can only imagine. Honestly, this is a sleeper for me to be Match of the Night, and I think it's plausible as long as it's a real match like I said earlier. I think it's clear that Wyatt will retain simply because it's too early into his reign, but once Bryan can build up some face momentum, I wouldn't put it past him to win the rumble and capture the belt at Mania.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's actually crazy that this match is happening now. I thought for sure that WWE would save it up because there's still a lot of stuff to cover in it, but now that I'm thinking about it, why not now? The story is built from their past and it's a big four PPV where they'll shine with a card like this. It's almost too perfect, and with a match involving Bryan and Wyatt, only great things can come (hopefully). I think the match being a normal one (for now) benefits it, as I think it'll be harder for any of that bullshit to happen like it did a Hell in a Cell. I'm almost sure that this is only the beginning of this feud, and that it'll stretch until Mania at least. There'll surely be some down time in between to keep it fresh, but it's too good not to use twice. Both guys are more than worthy of holding that title, and having two guys like that competing against each other for the biggest title in WWE with the storyline that has been built and is yet to be built, I can only imagine. Honestly, this is a sleeper for me to be Match of the Night, and I think it's plausible as long as it's a real match like I said earlier. I think it's clear that Wyatt will retain simply because it's too early into his reign, but once Bryan can build up some face momentum, I wouldn't put it past him to win the rumble and capture the belt at Mania.

Bryan winning the rumble and having this match at Mania would a dream match to start the new decade off strong. It would be such a good decision, i dont see it happening. Here's hoping tho. 

As much as I am hyped for this match kinda shocked WWE is doing it right now. I thought for sure with the history it would start at mania. I am not complaining though the match should be one of the shows best matches for sure. Interested to see how long wwe keeps this program going though should be a fun one either way though

Here we have two very talented individuals who know how to master the crowd. You have Bray who has always had that charisma to draw in many eyes from various places due to his unique character but was never really given the opportunity to thrive in long periods as he always seemed to lose the feuds that he was in despite winning the WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber 2017 he seemed to be a bit part player for Randy Orton to win yet another title at Wrestlemania. Daniel Bryan on the other hand has been on a character evolution embracing his veganism more into his character with the Planet's Champion. I do not want this to be a solo ppv match because the feud itself has lots of potential and they clearly know how to get the best out of each other. Fiend will win this.

This is a feud I would have loved to see dragged out for a couple of months and blow off in a big time match but unfortunately just three weeks of build just isn't enough. "The Fiend" is starting to regain some of the momentum he lose post-HIAC and should definitely pick up the win here. I'd like to go back to seeing Fiend be so dominant so maybe having Bryan lose in about 5 minutes would be a good thing, just to show how damaging Bray can be on offence. It's a shame that this was lose amongst all the NXT invasion stuff but it should still be a pretty solid encounter. Fiend must win here don't even think about giving it to Bryan 

I think doing this match as Fiend's first in his title reign shows the image that WWE have of Bryan, and that it's simply not as great as most fans have it. This is weird as Bryan has been incredible for the last year and would also make for one of Fiend's best challengers with the history that him and Wyatt have.I doubt this match will be very good, there is no chances that the Fiend loses and rightfully so, but I think that this being a certainty in everyone's head and the unattainable power that the WWE has given the Fiend (kicking out of like 10 Curb Stump) is gonna hurt my enjoyment of his matches. 

I wish that Bryan would have been more stubborn about refusing to go back to the Yes-Movement. It would have been amazing if it would have happened for a big win, instead of a pin attempt that just barely got a 2 count. Really think WWE blew it here and yet again took something potentially great away from Daniel Bryan. Another not so memorable match for the Fiend, who has only faced WWE's best workers, which makes me think it will be a constant for his title reign. WWE really pushed way too far with his powers in an attempt to please the audience, making it near impossible to have a great match against this OP monster now. 

PS: They really should stop with the red light. It doesn't add anything, it's just annoying.

I am with Bart in that the red light is just stupidly annoying. I didn't like it when Botch Cara did it, certainly don't give a damn when the Fiend is doing it.

As for the match itself it was very similar to the previous Fiend Matches. After 4 matches the Fiend's matches are all so similar, so they are starting to feel too boring and I feel it will only be a matter of time before people start to get tired of it entirely.

Yes the character is impressive and yes Bray's delivery of it has been stellar promo wise but the modern wrestling fan nowadays for the most part doesn't really care about these short style generic formulaic matches WWE is doing with the Fiend. They now run the risk of making him so powerful in Kayfabe that no one can realistically beat him.

A situation in fact in many ways very similar to Brock post Wrestlemania 30. It feels WWE is not learning from that.

Maybe next month at TLC we will see something different from the Fiend but as of right now I am not impressed.

I hate the red light it’s stupid and shouldn’t be a thing because how are we supposed to see the match like I don’t like the red light it shouldn’t be oh red light because it’s the fiend let us see what’s going on in the ring not seeing some retarded red lighting.

10 hours ago, TastefulChain4 said:

Contrary to the popular opinion, I actually like the red lights and if it was up to me, I would keep the commentators silent from the moment The Fiend's entrance intro hits to after he disappears into the darkness after winning the match.

Really interesting take, and honestly I agree for the most part. As annoying as the red light can be, I think it separates the Fiend from the rest of the roster. It gives his matches a different feel and is cool if you can ignore it obscuring the match a bit. Also I like the idea of no commentary, it's appropriate for the fans to just take it all in with their own thoughts rather than having Michael Cole inserting them for us.

Overall, this match was pretty disappointing. Like I said earlier, I'm not really deterred by the lights, but the action itself wasn't very appealing. I kept finding myself waiting for Bryan's huge comeback moment like against Lesnar last year, but it just never happened. Seeing the Fiend be OD strong against Rollins the first time was cool, but it's starting to get a bit lame. As good of a seller that Bryan is, he can't make perfection out of this. Both guys are really talented in the ring, and if they were given a bit of freedom where they both get equal offence in, this match could've been great. It wasn't terrible by any means, just not the MOTN that I thought it could've been.