WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah Carter

Wrestlers you USED To Love And Hate

Image result for shawn michaels"

Throughout wrestling, you get attached to these characters, these superstars. There matches, storylines, wins and losses, you follow every bit of it and you look at some stars and you think to yourself. That is one hell of a wrestler, but often, many things can ruin a superstar you once loved. Whether it be a bad run, a bad attitude, or something of the likes. It can cloud our judgement or completely turn us sour on a wrestler. It poses the question, have you ever had your love for a superstar dismissing? What superstars did you once love to cheer or even boo, do you now resent? 

The same can be asked for Hate, many times we oppose new characters, pushes, etc. But as they continue on, we come to love the stars. Is there any wrestlers you once hated, that you now love?

For me, no one fits this role as well as Shane McMahon. When he returned, everyone loved him. He entered some great feuds, but as time went on, he became easily the worst thing about WWE. I do not need to go into the facts as why, but it was a tough time for WWE.  

In the love to hate, for me it has to be Seth Rollins. Even before his push he was my favorite member, and he was part of reason i didn't like Roman's push. Now however, a mixture of bad booking, egoism, and just plan burnout has made me not like to watch Seth as much as i use to. 

From hate to love, that has to be MVP. As a kid i hated him, mostly cause i was a kid and it all seemed real to me. However around 2009 i started to love his matches and sing along to his theme randomly. 

There's a certain wrestler that i used to love and that's Bobby Lashley. He was great during his TNA/Impact Wrestling days but today he's just involved in one of the worst storylines of this year with Rusev and Lana... i still remember how he used to dominate something else than just women.

This might be a weird one but Bob Holly is a wrestler that i used to hate. I always saw him as a big backstage bully and a big cunt but after watching his return and his feud with Brock Lesnar i started to really like him. I liked his crazy personality and temper because it brought back memories of people like Brian Pillman. When he came back on an indie show (can't remember which one) around this year, i popped like crazy because it was great to see him again even thought he wasn't in the great shape that he used to be in.

The Mizzzzzz. Back in the day I used to despise this man. Of course I had no comprehension of kayfabe at all. So I thought he was a general dickhead. It got to the point where I would turn off when he got on screen, not because he wasn't entertaining but because I had built up a hatred for him. However, over the past few years, I have been able to understand him more. Understand his feuds and the fact that he is playing a character. Now I love him, he works hard and is incredible on the mic. Probably one of my favourites on the roster.

When Styles was in NJPW, I remember I hated him because at the time, I didn't watch NJPW and I basically formed my whole opinion on the fact that Yoshi Tatsu broke his neck whilst being hit with the Styles Clash. Without properly looking into it, I blamed it on Styles and it wasn't until I replied to a status update from Zombie in which he praised Styles as the best in the world. I replied and well, Zombie basically straightened me out and explained it was Tatsu' fault, not Styles' and that the move is completely safe if you don't tuck your head in. From then on, Styles has been a favourite of mine as he's consistently been one of the best performers in the world.

I used to love Randy back in the day but as of late I kind of hate him. Hes just boring in the ring and I struggle to want to sit through one of his matches. 

A person I used to hate has to be John Cena. Growing up I felt like he was just handed everything but as I got older I realized that he is one of the best things to ever happen in wrestling, so as times goes on I gain more pove and respect for him

I used to hate Roman Reigns alot when I got back into Wrestling in 2016, he was positioned as the next Cena and even though I was a big Cena fan, someone else replicating that same booking didn't sit well with me. Now in 2019, I think Reigns is entertaining to watch as a performer with his matches on Smackdown being fairly entertaining to watch. I loved when Shane's return in 2016 just like everybody else, and enjoyed his role as the commissioner of SD but this year, his constant on screen presence have really made him hate him.