BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

SmackDown Tag-Team Championships: The New Day (C) vs The Revival

image.png

Awwwwwwww WWE Universe! Don’t you dare be sour! Clap for your world-famous seven-time champs and feel the power! Because The New Day will attempt to retain the SmackDown Tag Team Titles against The Revival at WWE TLC!

On the Nov. 29 edition of Friday Night SmackDown, Kofi Kingston & Big E decided to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend by issuing an open challenge for their SmackDown Tag Team Championship. After Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro came up short and no clear challengers were in line, it was determined that the tandems of Shorty G & Mustafa Ali, Heavy Machinery, Lucha House Party and The Revival would battle in a Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Elimination Match on SmackDown for the opportunity to face New Day for the titles at TLC.

Out of the unpredictable showdown emerged the victorious Revival. Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder are no strangers to the gold or The New Day, but can they overcome the Power of Positivity? 

Find out on the final pay-per-view of 2019. Don’t miss WWE TLC, streaming live Sunday, Dec. 15, at 7 ET/4 PT on WWE Network

We’ve seen this match so many times I’m not even interested at this point. The Revival should’ve never lost the belts in the first place but I can see WWE trying to get New Day to break some more records so Revival will probably win.

We have seen this match so many times and wish we could add more teams to this match to make it more interesting. I predict New Day will retain and keep those tag titles until maybe Mania, I just don't see any other team on SD taking it from them.

Just like the others have said I feel like we've seen this match so many times in the past couple of months that there is no point to get excited. The SmackDown Tag Division is just plain shit outside of New Day and Revival so burning through all their matches now will only hurt the division in the long-run. I wouldn't have the Revival win here, the belts wont do anything for them so keeping it on the New Day will probably be the call on the night. Should be a good match but the care factor just is not there

I don't care about the Smackdown Tag Team titles anymore. They've changed hands way too many times this year, they've just been traded back and forth between The New Day and The Revival which makes me think that The Revival might win this match. I honestly couldn't care less about this match.

It’s kind of funny that in a week where four wrestlers got their releases from WWE, one of the most high profile teams to ask for their release is suddenly thrust into the tag team title scene. Though with Robert Roode being suspended it is easy to see why, they are best fit for the TLC spot. The Revival remains one of my favourite teams in the company and I long for the day they are taken seriously for any sustained period of time again. It is fun to remember that when they made their main roster debut it was in a segment with The New Day (a really great segment if you watch it back). But i think i'm ready for this feud to take a break after TLC and i don't see The Revival winning the championships back either.

I'm happy for Kofi Kingston still being in the spotlight but i'm still a little saddened that it all went back to status sou once he lost the championship. Remembering his final feud before losing the title with Orton which was centred on Kofi finally overcoming any sort of doubt in his ability as a champion by besting the man who held him down and Kofi found himself positioned to soldier on as champion against higher profile and graver threats. Feels like there was more to to that story.

In my opinion this was match of the night. Both teams really showed how great they work together and the TLC stipulation really added a lot to this match, i'm very happy that The New Day retained because i'm tired of the titles changing hands all the time. 

I'm worried about what's gonna happen next though, i hope The Usos return soon but i don't see that happening just yet, and if they do they're probably gonna be faces.

I believe that this was a very good way to open the show with all 4 men showing exactly why they are good in these kind of situations. They have an excellent amount of psychology and the fact that the Revival was still able to act like the Revival despite the ladder being involved. However I have no clue who goes for the Tag Championships now because the tag division on both Raw and Smackdown are a bit stale.