WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
I Can't Odd

Most Influential Stable of the Decade

Kuvahaun tulos haulle Shield wwe

I'm gonna go with The Shield. The Shield made three nobodies into big main eventers and two of them are right now two of the biggest stars in the company and the third one is doing great things in another promotion. The Shield really showed that all these three guys have a tremendous amount of potential and skill.

Aside from The Shield which I think most people will say, I believe it’s The Undisputed Era. I think that they truly helped NXT from the transition between a “developmental brand” and a third brand. Along with having 4 stars who will definitely be very influential in the future for WWE.

Since you said the entire wrestling world, I think it has to be the Bullet Club. They are not my favourite stable of the decade, but their impact has been gigantic with NJPW getting a lot more fans from the US and I think you could argue that Bullet Club's rise in popularity is one of the factors that led to AEW becoming a thing. Their style, which we can all agree upon is unique, is inspiring new wrestlers and will probably be what a lot of new wrestlers will strive to be. Various members of the Bullet Club have expanded their succes past Japan, with WWE title reigns and even new companies being formed with them as the main attractions. I also think Bullet Club opened a lot of eyes to other wrestling talent outside of the WWE. I think they are without doubt the most influential stable of the decade.

It has to be the shield. They brought the interest in wrestling back for so many people, they were booked perfectly and I feel like I speak for everyone when I say I enjoyed watching them wrestle. Second place for me would be the Nexus. They gave and still do give fans of the product hope. Plainly because they are a perfect example of WWE showing faith in their younger talent.

Well I'm gonna name one for WWE and one for New Japan. For WWE I'm going with the obvious pick of the Shield as like others pointed out all 3 of there members are very sucessfull as it stands (Even if one of them is no longer in WWE).

For New Japan like Bart said the obvious pick is of course Bullet Club and well I will be going with them specifically the period where it was lead by first Prince Devitt and then by AJ Styles. The Bullet Club helped launch not just Devitt's career into the next level but arguebly those of Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows (Or Doc Gallows if you wanna use his NJPW name), the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega while perhaps catapulting AJ from not just a TNA Icon but to arguebly the greatest performer of the 2010's. The influence that Bullet Club has had not just in New Japan but in the entire industry is still felt today with even WWE taking cues from it to form groups like the O.C or the Undisputed Era (So yeah Bashka nice call naming them but without Bullet Club there wouldn't be an Undisputed Era I feel). For all those reasons not only are they my pick from NJPW, I'd even argue they are more influential than the Shield overall.

Roderick-Strong.png

For me it has to be The Undisputed Era, they brought me back to watching NXT, and I don not regret it all. They have been booked so well, and I dont see that ending anytime soon. They all have the passion that wrestlers should have, and it shows for all four men. They gave the brand NXT meaning once again, and if they ever leave, I dont see NXT being the same without them, well atleast for me. 

Image result for new day wwe"

Overall, I think it really is a toss up between Shield and Bullet Club as despite Shield being the best stables of the decade in WWE by far, Bullet Club bridged a gap between the US and NJPW like never before. However, I think that Shield were so big and practically became the core three members of the roster for a good chunk of the decade, I'll give it to the hounds of justice. Nonetheless, I also think that a huge shout out should go to the New Day. If we are focusing on the elevation of tag-team wrestling then I would argue that Kingston, Woods & E were undoubtedly the most influential team in the world as they pushed themselves from three average singles wrestlers to a top draw trio, winning championships, breaking records and even pushing Kingston to a reign as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. In conclusion, I think that New Day should be apart of this discussion.