WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Hans

Best WWE PPV of the Decade?

109412-hi.jpg

Best PPV of the Decade?

The Decade is about to be over with 2020 coming in about 3 weeks time. We have seen many WWE PPVs over the last 10 years, some great, others not so much. In your opinion, what do you think was the best Pay-Per-View WWE produced this decade. We'll exclude NXT Takeovers from this list as that can held for its own discussion. In my personal opinion the best WWE PPV this decade has got to be Money in the Bank 2011. It was show filled with great matches like the two Mitb Ladder matches, and Christian vs Orton. The thing that tops it off for me was the main event between Cena and Punk. The match was great and combine with the amazing Chicago crowd, The PPV is an all time classic and for sure one of the best WWE PPVs this decade.

Honestly would have to agree with you and go for MITB 2011, mostly for the reasons you stated. But here are some other PPVs' from this decade that I really enjoyed and thought were great shows.

Wrestlemania 30 - The D Bryan story. The underdog that everyone wanted to win, but nobody had a clue if he would. Even outside of kayfabe it seemed like the odds were stacked against him on his way to victory on the grandest stage of them all.

Survivor Series 2016 - Goldberg Vs Brock Lesnar. Like it or not, it sent shockwaves down the entire pro-wrestling scene. Nobody knew what would happen, surely they couldn't have Brock lose inside a minute? But Goldberg can't wrestle long matches either? Then the 5 on 5 tag match was fantastic, lasting an hour and each minute being action-packed.

For me I would say Wrestlemania 30, it was one of the best manias in the last decade, if not the best. But also in my opinion the best ppv of the decade. It had great quality matches, along with Bryan’s good feel story ending with a world championship. 

There's been some very good ones and some very bad ones. I'm gonna go with Wrestlemania 30 though, i'll remember that PPV forever because it's the first one i ever saw and i remember my brother telling me about The Undertaker's streak and his entire career when i was watching it and i also remember him recapping the Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority storyline for me. I remember when i was watching it that i was enthralled by people like Triple H and Batista and of course Daniel Bryan. It was an amazing ppv and definitely one of my favorites of this entire decade.

Mine has to be Money in the Bank 2011. The show itself is iconic at this point and basically kickstarted one of the greatest WWE championship reigns of all time. Aside from that the card was just filled with great matches. Also the crowd was just so into the show. It made it amazing.

Would have to agree with Beastly, MITB 2011 is such an iconic show.

image.jpeg

First of all, the opening contest itself was a fantastic match, a whole lot of action, and everyone looked great despite most of them being either jobbers or gone from the company in the current day, Bryan winning was honestly the right call as this is the win that would eventually lead to him winning the WHC and starting the Yes Movement, which has been one of the greatest things to happen in the WWE this decade too. I'd probably give this match ****1/4. 

Next two matches can be skipped, but Henry vs Show isn't all that bad if I'm being honest, watch it if you want but there is really no point watching the women's match.

Next two matches are also very good, the MITB being the better one in my opinion, although not as good as the SD one, it was still a very great match. Orton vs Christian was also a good match despite the DQ ending, but the in ring action before completely made up for the whole thing, not to mention the storyline as a whole which was one of the best of the year, leading to a fantastic match at SummerSlam. 

And Obviously there's the main event which is an absolute spectacular bout, without a doubt the best match in the history of the WWE (maybe aside from Andrade vs Gargano but idk). The match as a whole was fantastic, but so was the storyline going into it. With the Summer of Punk being one of the most iconic WWE storylines in the past 20 or so years.

As a whole, this is probably one of the most solid shows WWE have ever done, not just in the past decade, but of all time. There is just so much quality to this show that the two not so great matches don't even matter. This is a must watch if you're a new or an old wrestling fan, I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

For me it's gotta be Wrestlemania 30 for the reasons George and Gunner brought up already. The moment of seeing Daniel Bryan overcome all the odds to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion was pretty magical backed up by a solid midcard of matches (Although I'm still a bit peeved Wyatt didn't beat Cena)

From my memory my most enjoyable show that I loved to watch was WrestleMania 31. It was a spectacular show in the opinion with A Great Main Event. Sting vs Triple H was fun as hell and nostalgic. Randy Orton hit his greatest RKO of all time and The Undertaker showed he still had it. My favorite show from the decade 

A few that came to mind: 

Money In The Bank 2011, Christian vs Randy Orton and the 2 MITB matches were very entertaining. The CM Punk/ John Cena match is the hottest that a crowd has been throughout this decade, and probably the best in-ring one for the WWE too. Overall, definetly a card that is worthy of being considerd for this honour. 

Wrestlemania 30 had the Daniel Bryan' rise to the throne as well as the ending of the streak, those 2 events make it memorable enough already. 

Wrestlemania 31 probably had the highest amount of good matches on the card, with a lot of matches that deliverd on the card. This along with the very satasfying ending makes it worthy of nomination too in my opinion. 

For me it comes down to two options and that is Mania 30 and Mania 31. I give 30 the upperhand because that was actually the PPV that brought me back into wrestling, seeing the streak end and Daniel Bryan pick up the huge victorious on the night. 31 was also a really fun show and the first wrestlemania I actually watched live without having to watch it after it aired or on DVD. I remember the cash in being great and Sting vs HHH being awesome and of course that famous curbstomp into RKO transition. This decade for wrestling has definitely had its ups and downs but these two events stand out as the real gems