Milestone Club!

WWE Universe Mode: #37 is now available to view on BrendenPlayz Youtube! It's time to finalize Wrestlemania. Tonight, we will have two big matches to determine our championships matches for the big event. Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura will battle Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin to determine our number one contender's for the RAW Tag Team Championships. Plus, Buddy Murphy, Sheamus and Austin Theory will fight it out in a Triple Threat match to determine Robert Roode's Intercontinental Championship opponent.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

All Elite Wrestling: "Back Together Again" #19

After spending the last couple of months fighting alone, tonight Hangman Adam Page will finally reunite with his tag team partner Kenny Omega as they take on Proud 'N' Powerful. Will the former champions be able to coincide to defeat Santana and Ortiz?
Watch Here

NXT TakeOver: WarGames

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its NXT TakeOver: WarGames! Discuss it here!
Discuss Here

NJPW World Tag League 2020

The winners of World Tag League will set themselves up to challenge for the IWGP Tag Team Titles at Wrestle Kingdom 15!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going! New to the forums? Introduce yourself! Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today! Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch Watch WWE Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz' Youtube Channel! Want more updates? Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter Need assistance? Message one of our friendly moderators and they will be happy to help!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WWE's statement on Shad Gaspard's passing: WWE's video remembering Shad Gaspard's career: RIP Shad Gaspard. Although he was in WWE before I began watching regularly, I always rem

Very tragic what happened to Shad and very sad. You goto the beach with your family to have a good time and it ends up being your last. I’m praying for the family and RIP Shad Gaspard

Reading the coverage as it came out made me feel sick to my stomach, I can't even begin to fathom what his family and closest friends are going through right now. My prayers go out to them.  RIP

Killer-Tim-Brooks.jpg

Veteran pro wrestler "Killer" Tim Brooks has passed away at the age of 72.

Brooks passed away earlier today, according to F4Wonline.com. He had battled cancer for several years and it was known to be terminal.

Brooks wrestled in the United States, Japan and Puerto Rico from 1970 through 1989. He was from Waxahachie, Texas and worked from Dallas most of his career, working under WCCW and the NWA, among others. Brooks also teamed with WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper in Oregon, as Bad News Brooks. Brooks would continue to work Texas indies through 1997, and later launched his North American Wrestling Alliance training school, which also ran shows in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area

Can’t rightfully say I know of him but it’s always sad to see someone go and while it may not seem like it 72 is pretty young to pass on at but sometimes that’s life and this is just another example of how unforgiving Cancer can be my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones, may he Rest In Peace and are least he’ll no longer suffer from cancer in the great big wrestling ring in the sky. 

• 1 month later...
  • Hall of Fame

Road Dogg (Brian Armstrong) and Scott Armstrong announced that their father, WWE Hall of Famer "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, has passed away. Armstrong, who was 80 years old, wrestled for several decades and had four sons: Brian (Road Dogg), Joseph (Scott), Robert Bradley (Brad), and Steve.

Source: noDQ.com

RIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

We are sad to hear about the passing of John Riker, better known to WCW fans as Ralphus.

As a truck driver for WCW, he was paired up with Chris Jericho on screen as his security guard. Following Jericho’s exit to WWE Ralphus was placed with Norman Smiley as well. His comedy character was beloved by WCW fans during his run with the company.

Chris Jericho revealed on his Saturday Night Special that Ralphus passed away. He cause of death has not been made public.

“I just found out he passed away like last year. God bless John Riker, that was his real name.”

In 2018, Jericho emailed Ralphus and he spoke about that correspondence.

“I sent him an email, (saying) ‘Hey Ralphus, it’s me, Jericho. How are you? Would you like to do my podcast and reconnect?’ He emailed me back and said, ‘Is this the real Chris Jericho?’ I said, ‘Yeah man, this is my number, give me a text or give me call.’ Never heard back from him again. I got big leagued by Ralphus.”

Our thoughts are with John Riker’s family, fans, and everyone else who knew him during this sad time. His memory will live forever because of the contributions he made on screen.

RIP Ralphus

source: ringsidenews.com

• Hall of Fame

We are sad to learn about the passing of Barry Scott. He was the voice of Impact Wrestling for years. He was 65-years-old.

Scott’s cause of death is unknown at this time. The company continues using his voice, although on a more infrequent basis in recent memory.

Impact Wrestling sent out a heartfelt tweet to inform fans of Scott’s passing.

Our thoughts are with Barry Scott’s family and friends during this sad time. His voice set the mood for many TNA events, and he will never be forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

Road Warrior Animal "Joseph Laurinaitis" Passes Away at Age 60

WWE is saddened to learn that Joe Laurinaitis, known to WWE fans as Road Warrior Animal, has passed away at the age of 60.

One of the most intense Superstars to ever step into the squared circle, the 6-foot-2, 300-pound Animal spent the majority of his career alongside his tag team partner, Hawk. Together, they formed what was arguably the most successful, popular and feared tandem of all time — The Road Warriors.

With their intimidating face paint, outfits covered in metal spikes and impressive array of power moves, the duo captured titles and destroyed opponents wherever they roamed. Their dominance made them so popular that the phrase “Road Warrior pop” has been used in locker rooms to describe particularly deafening reactions from the crowd ever since.

The Road Warriors thrived in multiple stints with WWE, where they were known as The Legion of Doom. The team won the World Tag Team Titles on two occasions and were eventually enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE extends its condolences to Laurinaitis' family, friends and fans. (WWE.com)

Edited by Tamer

More Details on Road Warrior Animal's passing

As previously reported, Joseph "Road Warrior Animal" Laurinaitis, a.k.a. passed away at the age of 60. Laurinaitis reportedly died of natural causes, according to TMZ.

TMZ reports that Laurinaitis passed away at the Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO. Police received a call on Tuesday night at 11:49 pm from Laurinaitis' wife. When officials arrived at the scene, Laurinaitis was already declared deceased.

Laurinaitis and his wife were celebrating their wedding anniversary on Wednesday before police called. Laurinaitis posted the tweet below on Wednesday writing, "Happy Anniversary baby, love you!"

Source: Wrestlinginc.com

WWE issues statement on Road Warrior Animal's Passing

As noted earlier this morning, WWE Hall of Famer "Road Warrior Animal" Joseph Laurinaitis has passed away at the age of 60. It was noted that more details will be confirmed later today when the family releases a statement.

WWE has issued a statement of their own on Animal's passing, remembering him as one of the most intense Superstars to step in the ring. You can see their full statement below, along with the tweet from Animal's official Twitter account.

Stay tuned for more on Animal's passing.

Road Warrior Animal passes away

WWE is saddened to learn that Joe Laurinaitis, known to WWE fans as Road Warrior Animal, has passed away at the age of 60.

One of the most intense Superstars to ever step into the squared circle, the 6-foot-2, 300-pound Animal spent the majority of his career alongside his tag team partner, Hawk. Together, they formed what was arguably the most successful, popular and feared tandem of all time — The Road Warriors.

With their intimidating face paint, outfits covered in metal spikes and impressive array of power moves, the duo captured titles and destroyed opponents wherever they roamed. Their dominance made them so popular that the phrase "Road Warrior pop" has been used in locker rooms to describe particularly deafening reactions from the crowd ever since.

The Road Warriors thrived in multiple stints with WWE, where they were known as The Legion of Doom. The team won the World Tag Team Titles on two occasions and were eventually enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE extends its condolences to Laurinaitis' family, friends and fans.

Source and quotes: Wrestlinginc.com

• Hall of Fame

Both of the Road Warriors are dead. One of the greatest and most popular tag teams in pro wrestling history is gone now. At least we still have Heidenreich. RIP Animal, thank you for all you’ve done for wrestling.

Rest in Peace to one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Hawk was taken too soon from us and now we lose Animal as well. They were probably one of the most influential tag teams in professional wrestling ever and created one of the most devastating maneuvers in tag team wrestling that has since been modified, altered and used by multiple other tag teams. It is a sad day that we lose yet another legend from the pro wrestling business. 

Rest In Peace Road Warrior Animal, while I can’t rightly say I grew up watching this man I have gone back and watched his work and both him and Hawk just had it and while 60 isn’t exactly young it is still far too soon for someone as great as Animal and so in the interest of time, Road Warrior Animal and Hawk, thank you for entertaining and touching the lives of so many in such a short time and though you’re both gone you’ll never be forgotten. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

Ryan Smile Passes Away

We are deeply sad to hear about the passing of Ryan Smile. The high-flyer from Birmingham, England wrestled for 12 years around the UK indie scene. He retired in 2018. His cause of death has not been confirmed at this time.

Although his death has not been confirmed, all tweets concerning his passing stress how sudden and tragic it was. The man known for his Broken Smile finisher was trained by Brandon Thomas, Keego Ward, Maddog Maxx and PAC.

Session Moth Martina sent out a heartfelt tweet to remember Smile. She also included a selfie of the two of them from a much happier time.

RIP Ryan Smile So undeniably talented, such a major part of the early days of OTT, such a help to me in the beginning of my career and was a joy to be around. I hope you are at peace now

Pete Dunne sent out a tribute to Ryan Smile along with a link to Samaritan, a free service which promotes “whatever you’re going through, call us free any time.”

Our thoughts are with Ryan Smile’s family, friends, and everyone dealing with this very sad situation at this time. You can check out some tributes that have flooded the Internet Wrestling Community below. There will undoubtedly be many more to come.

Source: RingsideNews

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

Pro wrestling veteran Tracy Smothers has passed away at the age of 58.

Smothers announced in November 2019 that he was battling lymphoma. The Eat Sleep Wrestling website noted on Monday that they talked to Smothers via phone call and it looked like his first bout with cancer was going to be "a squash match" compared to this second round. The update from Monday also noted that Smothers suffered heart damage from the heavy chemotherapy in his first battle with cancer, which led to Smothers being hospitalized a few times. Smothers underwent surgery for a hernia just 11 days ago.

"Tracy's ready to fight this cancer as hard as he did last fall, but the heart problems have delayed the cancer treatments and the hernia issue has delayed doctors from treating the heart issues. He's in a real battle. Tracy is in it to win it, and he sends his love to all his friends and his wrestling family, and he is asking for prayers," ESW wrote on Monday.

A GoFundMe had been launched at this link to help with Smothers' medical expenses, and an indie event was planned for this weekend in Bartonville, IL to help raise more money. Smothers also asked ESW to plug his book, which you can find here.

Smothers began his pro wrestling career back in 1982 and wrestled for numerous promotions, including WWE, WCW, ECW, SMW, and TNA, among others. He held the ECW World Tag Team Titles once with Little Guido, and held the WCW United States Tag Team Titles once with Steve Armstrong.

There's no word yet on what happened between Tracy's call with ESW on Monday, and Smothers' passing, but we will keep you updated.